SiouxSports.com Forum

PC Strikes Again

Vegas_Sioux

Do any of you remember that movie with Stallone and Snipes when they go to the future and if you say hell you get fined? I think we are 5 years from Taco Bells being the only restaurant that we can go to. So I guess I will be living in the sewers under the city where at least I can say that this bleepity bleep, bleep stinks and go Sioux!!! I am so sick of this political correctness! I think from now on white people should scream discrimination whenever an application asks for our race, I am more peach than white dammit!!!!

Do any of you remember that movie with Stallone and Snipes when they go to the future and if you say hell you get fined? I think we are 5 years from Taco Bells being the only restaurant that we can go to. So I guess I will be living in the sewers under the city where at least I can say that this bleepity bleep, bleep stinks and go Sioux!!! I am so sick of this political correctness! I think from now on white people should scream discrimination whenever an application asks for our race, I am more peach than white dammit!!!!

It's Demolition Man, and I'm totally on the same wavelength with you. It was a parody of future society and now it's exactly where we're headed.

Folks, we're just short of Huxley's "Brave New World" and that's the road to Orwell's "1984".

To the PC Crowd:

I know you think Huxley and Orwell wrote those as instruction manuals or road maps to where you'd like society to be; however, those were warnings about the dangers of an overmanaged society.

Folks, we're just short of Huxley's "Brave New World" and that's the road to Orwell's "1984".

To the PC Crowd:

I know you think Huxley and Orwell wrote those as instruction manuals or road maps to where you'd like society to be; however, those were warnings about the dangers of an overmanaged society.

100% agree.

After Dropping Columbus Day now there is talk of Changing Brown University's Name due to the Brown family owning slaves 300 years ago.

I think we have to admit that if this decision comes from Brown University and not some outside commission, association, etc. that it is their problem; and ultimately they will reap the benefits or suffer the consequences.

It's JMHO, but this is exactly what many of us argue in favor of: let the school decide what they can live with. Many here say "if the Sioux name is so offensive, we will suffer in admissions, contributions, etc and therefore get rid of it." It's no different for the Board of Trustees at Brown.