SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practice

UND Fan

Understandably, SU has delayed the start of their spring practice due to the flood. When does UND's spring ball begin? Do we know if anyone has left the program (or joined) since the start of the second semester?

UND Football Spring Practice begins on Monday, March 30th with the Spring Game being held on Saturday, April 25th. Go Sioux !

I wouldn't expect much delay due to weather with the new artificial turf at your old stadium.

NDSU tried but couldn't get new turf completely installed, so they can't use it yet this spring and the grass fields are soaked. Looks like more early mornings in the Fargodome.

I don't know what he's doing now, but I hope Murray doesn't repeat the mistakes Ryan made and throw away two years of what could be a brilliant career.

Think there maybe needs to be some re-evaluating on how this can happen to the program again. :lol:

I don't know what he's doing now, but I hope Murray doesn't repeat the mistakes Ryan made and throw away two years of what could be a brilliant career.

I mean...was he permanently kicked off the team or out of school? What did he do? Why isn't he back yet?

I mean...was he permanently kicked off the team or out of school? What did he do? Why isn't he back yet?

He is suspended for "academic reasons" I get the impression that there is a good chance he will be back but the staff will be taking a close look at others in case he doesn't return!

He is suspended for "academic reasons" I get the impression that there is a good chance he will be back but the staff will be taking a close look at others in case he doesn't return!

I think Mplsbison is referring to Ryan Chappel. I don't know the answer about Chappel returning. There has been some speculation but I think it's just message board rumor. I don't believe he is participating in spring practices.

I think Mplsbison is referring to Ryan Chappel. I don't know the answer about Chappel returning. There has been some speculation but I think it's just message board rumor. I don't believe he is participating in spring practices.

You are probably correct that he was asking about Chappel. I may be wrong (I hope that I am ) but it is my understanding that he will not return.

Ok, why?

Who knows but I would think if he was coming back it would be good for him to participate in spring drills. Kid couldn't make the grades and maybe couldn't get them back up. I hope I'm wrong, I wish I'm wrong but I have a feeling I'm not.

Unless something has changed since early this year, he is no longer enrolled at UND. That may have changed but I don't believe it has.

He was at the wellness centre last week. He's gained a pile of wieght and isn't enrolled in school any longer. His career is over. Too bad, the guy was awesome.

Has anyone been out to see practice so far this spring? Anything to report good or bad?

I haven't been to spring practice but I talked to Josh Murray today. He said he will be on the field next fall.

I asked him about his backup Mitch Sutton. He said Mitch is a quality back at 5'8 198.

I asked him about Ryan Chappell and he said he talked to Ryan recently.

He said Ryan is looking at moving to Montana and may take up firefighting.

Josh Murray is a personable young man. Good luck to him and to Ryan.

I asked him about his backup Mitch Sutton. He said Mitch is a quality back at 5'8 198.

I have also heard that Sutton has the potential to be a great RB at UND. His credentials coming out of high school in Wisconsin are impressive. I believe he was the Gatorade POY in Wisconsin his senior year.