SiouxSports.com Forum

Line Combos

Superman0099

Line 1: Parise/Bochenski/Murray

Line 2: Stafford/Massen/Lundbohm

Line 3: McMahon/Hale/Prpich

Line 4: Genoway/Connely/Fylling

I like the fact that Line 1 is probably the most talented line in the country, and that Line 3 is going to be an outstanding checking line to put up against anyone's first. I'm curious to see how stafford fits in, because I could see him as a first line player if he really starts to produce. I am almost clueless on the 4th line, it all depends on who starts to step it up, but we need more production from that end, thats for sure.

Murray - Parise - Bo

Stafford - Lundbohm - Massen

Prpich - McMahon - Fylling

Porter/Canady - Genoway - Hale

I like putting Hale on the 4th line, because I think that will make the 4th line more dangerous. Fylling might be more productive with the other two than on the 4th.

Didn't Connelly leave the team?

Bochenski/Parise/Murray

While this would be one helluva scoring line, I'd like to see it split up a bit. To me it seems like we'd be putting all of our eggs in one basket so to speak. I think by splitting Bochenski away from the first line, that would give us two very capable scoring lines. (or at least something to keep the opponents' checking lines very busy and tired) And keep $$$ & Quinn on the same line. They complemented each other nicely last season while they were together.

1) Parise Murray Prpich (Stafford?)

2) Bochenski Lundbohm Fylling (Stafford?)

3) Hale McMahon Massen (Stafford?)

4) Who came ready to play?

Obviously, with any Blais team, if you don't like the lines you wait a period. They'll be changed up. :D

If I were to guess to start the year:

Parise-Bochenski-Murray

Lundbohm-Massen-Stafford

McMahon-Hale-Prpich

Fylling-Canady-(Porter/Genoway)

I'm putting two experienced guys with each of the freshmen I expect to see at the start of the season. By the end of the season I'd hope to see:

Parise-Stafford-Murray

Lundbohm-Bochenski-Fylling

McMahon-Hale-Prpich

Genoway-Massen-(Canady/Porter)

In my end scenario, Stafford and Murray mature enough to allow them out there at the same time. Lundbohm/Bochenski created a lot of offense last Christmas. Fylling with them would still give Lundbohm someone to work and skate and go fast with in open ice. Massen moving down isn't a demotion; it is hopefully to give a power forward scorer to a "finally showing everything he has" Colby Genoway. I believe there are two scoring lines there. I'm hoping a third emerges. Maybe you flop Prpich with Canady/Porter in this scenario (even more scoring punch with Genoway) and have a true crash-line (McMahon/Hale/?).

I want McMahon/Hale together because they penalty kill well together (you don't disrupt two lines that way). I'm wonder who the other "kill" pair of forwards will be with no Notes/Spie.

I think that Blais likes switching it up, which most of you spoke of, but still here is what I think he'll start the year with:

Parise - Lundbohm - Bochenski

Stafford - Massen - Murray

Prpich - McMahon - Fylling

Genoway/Porter Hale Canady

Ok, first, I didn't pay attention to exactly which wing they play or whether or not they are centers... I'm not as worldly in the players as that yet.

Also, is Fabian a defenseman? I thought he was a winger. Or is he not coming at all?

As for Defensemen, what does everyone think? I think it will be:

Greene Schneider

Jones Smaby

Fuher Bina/Foyt

This is assuming I didn't miss anyone.

If I were to guess to start the year:

Parise-Bochenski-Murray

Lundbohm-Massen-Stafford

McMahon-Hale-Prpich

Fylling-Canady-(Porter/Genoway)

I want McMahon/Hale together because they penalty kill well together (you don't disrupt two lines that way). I'm wonder who the other "kill" pair of forwards will be with no Notes/Spie.

I think your guesses as to lines to start the year are right on. I like McMahon/Hale/Prpich as a line and hope they can duplicate the effort of the Henderson/Calder/Jeff Ulmer line from 1997 that completely shut down the opponents top line as UND rolled to their sixth championship. As a kicker, they chipped in some offense and Henderson was the national tourney MVP.

As for penalty killers this year, I would have to assume that Parise will see some time on the kill this year. With three shorthanded goals last year he showed that he belongs on the ice in those situations. Perhaps Murray will be paired with him.

As for penalty killers this year, I would have to assume that Parise will see some time on the kill this year. With three shorthanded goals last year he showed that he belongs on the ice in those situations. Perhaps Murray will be paired with him.

I was thinking the same thing. Parise and Bochenski saw a fair amount of penalty time last year, and they both ended up with a few SHG's by the end of the season.

I'm sure that Parise and Boche will see considerable kill time this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see each of them with 3 or 4 SHG by the end of the year.

Defensive pairings I think will look like this

Schneider/Smaby...Schneider needs to step up into Hale's leadership role this year. I think that by putting Smaby with him Schneider will be able to cover, if you will, for Smaby's mistakes

Greene/Jones...These two played extrememly well together last year (when Greene wasn't in the box :D ), why break up a good thing.

Fuher/Bina Foyt

I believe the most common six defenseman line-up will be:

Schneider/Smaby

Jones/Greene

Fuher/Marvin

As well as Lee Marvin played penalty kill at the end of last season, you need him dressed for those situations. Marvin would probably skate with Schneider on the PK.

I also believe that Tyler Palmoscino will get some playing time and will be in the line up.

I believe even over or interchanged with Canady/Genoway in the line up. One reason is that Tyler is a beter passer than the two players listed and a better skater, Tyler also isn't going to hurt you by taking a questionable penalty.