SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL WCHA ACADEMIC TEAM

To earn recognition as a member of the All-WCHA Academic Team, member team student-athletes must meet the following criteria: 1) have completed one year of residency at present institution, prior to the current academic year; and 2) have a grade point average of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) for the previous two semesters or three quarters, or may qualify if his overall GPA is at least 3.00 for all terms at his present institution.

University of North Dakota: Brent Davidson, So, F (Morden, MB); ***Ryan Duncan, Sr, F (Calgary, AB); ***Joe Finley, Sr, D (Edina, MN); Matt Frattin, So, F (Edmonton, AB); **Chay Genoway, Jr, D (Morden, MB); Derrick LaPoint, So, D (Eau Claire, WI); ***Ryan Martens, Sr, F (Selkirk, MB); Jake Marto, So, D (Grand Forks, ND); ***Aaron Walski, Sr, G (Fargo, ND); ***Matt Watkins, Sr, F (Aylesbury, SK); **Darcy Zajac, Jr, F (Winnipeg, MB).

University of North Dakota: Brent Davidson, So, F (Morden, MB); ***Ryan Duncan, Sr, F (Calgary, AB); ***Joe Finley, Sr, D (Edina, MN); Matt Frattin, So, F (Edmonton, AB); **Chay Genoway, Jr, D (Morden, MB); Derrick LaPoint, So, D (Eau Claire, WI); ***Ryan Martens, Sr, F (Selkirk, MB); Jake Marto, So, D (Grand Forks, ND); ***Aaron Walski, Sr, G (Fargo, ND); ***Matt Watkins, Sr, F (Aylesbury, SK); **Darcy Zajac, Jr, F (Winnipeg, MB).

Nice! Congrats to those players!

One more piece of info: The Sioux have ditched the mustaches this year. The players are being allowed to do whatever they want. Expect to see beards on most of them.

You Mean they now all can grow full facial hair. :silly:

They can TRY to grow facial hair. ???

I'm not sure they are all capable :0

Looking for a little help as I am in Tucson on vacation and wondering if I will be able to go to a sports bar to watch the game. What are the coodinates needed to get the game? Thanks for any help!!!

first im sorry that you are in tucson or as we call it here northern mexico :silly: JK

not sure on tucson and if there is a bar there that has the right sattelite, good luck to ya

INCH all WCHA team and coach of year

INCH WCHA TEAM

D - Chay Genoway, North Dakota

The second member of the Genoway clan to star for the Fighting Sioux (brother Colby was a three-time letter winner at forward), Chay led all WCHA blueliners with 28 assists this season and provided a much-needed calming influence on the Sioux defense, especially early in the season when the goaltending situation was in flux.

COACH OF THE YEAR

This is perhaps the toughest category to pick, with more underachievers than overachievers. Wisconsin

Hell yeah, I'm pumped already. This is the last time we will see the seniors at the Ralph. I'll be getting off early from work to start pregaming for this weekend!

I hate working Friday's before hockey. Reminds me of sitting class on a Friday, mind not in it.

I was VERY VERY impressed with the way the techies came out last night. They're a lot better than two wins.

What happened?

Injuries is the biggest problem for the season, to be honest. When I tell most people that, they roll their eyes and I want to punch them. But seriously, there have been a few games this season where we didn't even have enough healthy skaters to dress a full roster. There have been about four surgeries, one stroke (yes, I said STROKE), and a plethora of pretty much any other bodily injuries that you could think of - wrists, shoulders, backs, groins, legs, ankles... etc. While talking to Coach Russell, he told me that he has NEVER in his fifteen years of coaching seen ANYTHING quite like this. Whistler, I firmly believe my team would be sitting at 6th place right now if we hadn't gotten screwed with injuries like we did. Oh well though. This one's almost done and we'll get a new start next October.

Next season for Tech WILL BE BETTER. Brett Olson and Jordan Baker will be leading the way for this team... leading them right out of the basement.

Injuries is the biggest problem for the season, to be honest. When I tell most people that, they roll their eyes and I want to punch them. But seriously, there have been a few games this season where we didn't even have enough healthy skaters to dress a full roster. There have been about four surgeries, one stroke (yes, I said STROKE), and a plethora of pretty much any other bodily injuries that you could think of - wrists, shoulders, backs, groins, legs, ankles... etc. While talking to Coach Russell, he told me that he has NEVER in his fifteen years of coaching seen ANYTHING quite like this. Whistler, I firmly believe my team would be sitting at 6th place right now if we hadn't gotten screwed with injuries like we did. Oh well though. This one's almost done and we'll get a new start next October.

Next season for Tech WILL BE BETTER. Brett Olson and Jordan Baker will be leading the way for this team... leading them right out of the basement.

MeanEGirl you're team will be back and I hope the administration at MTU sticks with Russell I think he is good coach that got dealt a bad hand

this season, everything that could go wrong did.