SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In ATL. 73 and sunny. About to go scalp tickets to the Thrashers/Canadians. Will look forward to a Sioux victory when I get back to the computer. 4-2 UND: Dunc, Genoway, Frattin and Kozek. The Cup comes back to the Forks!!

I would love to see a Sioux/Gophs game in the Gophs new football stadium sometime in the future.

I'm watching the press conferance now, kind of interesting even if it is the Badgers (http://www.uwbadgers.com/audio_video/ top clip). One reporter asked if the Gophers were approached. They conceeded that the Gophers would be a huge opponent, but that there were "scheduling conflicts"...any bets on how willing they would be to play outside in Feb in Madison? (That said, I wonder if UND was approached...)

I'm watching the press conferance now, kind of interesting even if it is the Badgers (http://www.uwbadgers.com/audio_video/ top clip). One reporter asked if the Gophers were approached. They conceeded that the Gophers would be a huge opponent, but that there were "scheduling conflicts"...any bets on how willing they would be to play outside in Feb in Madison? (That said, I wonder if UND was approached...)

That would be very cool, but you have to think that the first call would be to the BADgers. Then maybe they'd approach other MN teams first, but UND would definitely be better for attendance.

Edit: meant to quote the guy talking about a Gopher/Sioux game in TCF.

That would be very cool, but you have to think that the first call would be to the BADgers. Then maybe they'd approach other MN teams first, but UND would definitely be better for attendance.

Edit: meant to quote the guy talking about a Gopher/Sioux game in TCF.

Really? More Sioux fans travel to the Cities than Badger fans? (I've never gone to a Badger game at Marriucci, so I wouldn't know)

Brad has posted the lines for tonight:

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--16 Ryan Duncan--26 Brett Hextall

19 Evan Trupp--29 Chris VandeVelde--21 Matt Frattin

20 Matt Watkins--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

9 Mario Lamoureux--22 Brad Malone--10 Andrew Kozek

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

24 Ben Blood--14 Brad Miller

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

Scratches on trip: Corey Fienhage, David Toews

Wisconsin's lines

9 Michael Davies--21 Derek Stepan--15 Tom Gorowsky

11 Andy Bohmbach--13 Aaron Bendickson--18 Jordy Murray

24 John Mitchell--16 Sean Dolan--14 Ben Grotting

10 Patrick Johnson--12 Matt Thurber--8 Podge Turnbull

19 Jake Gardiner--2 Jamie McBain

17 Ryan McDonagh--27 Cody Goloubef

7 Brendan Smith--3 Craig Johnson

35 Shane Connelly

1 Scott Gudmandson

29 Jeff Henderson

*It's great to see Gregoire back in the lineup! Let's Go Sioux!

Really? More Sioux fans travel to the Cities than Badger fans? (I've never gone to a Badger game at Marriucci, so I wouldn't know)

Maybe the Sioux fans are just more vocal, but it sure seems like it. BADger games the students are WAY more fired up than for the Sioux, but it's hard to argue against the way the Sioux travel to Mariucci. That being said, many of the fans that come from opposing teams end up stuck to Standing Room only since Season tickets obviously control a big portion of the seating....I'll give the Sioux credit, no opposing fan section is louder at Mariucci. (Thank you for not infiltrating our student section with Green like the stupid BADgers do with their ugly red. I hate them. A lot)

Oh so good story for everyone, although quote random....(it applies to BADger hatred)

At the basketball game on Wednesday, a lone BADger got into the student section and had fairly good seats. He was being incredibly "doucheish" if you will....All the students get free pizza and he was eating ours, which angered many of us. A guy in the front row takes 2 slices of pizza, whips them at the kid...Smokes him in the eye and the kids eye was huge and puffy and read, causing him to cry for a good majority of the game.

Oh so good story for everyone, although quote random....(it applies to BADger hatred)

At the basketball game on Wednesday, a lone BADger got into the student section and had fairly good seats. He was being incredibly "doucheish" if you will....All the students get free pizza and he was eating ours, which angered many of us. A guy in the front row takes 2 slices of pizza, whips them at the kid...Smokes him in the eye and the kids eye was huge and puffy and read, causing him to cry for a good majority of the game.

Not a good story. Don't care who we're playing or how 'doucheish' the guy was, if I saw one of our students do that, I'd do my best to have him/her kicked out of the arena and banned for the season!!! :D

I've had my share of Goofy fans throwing food at the back of my head during the F5 and I don't appreciate it!! :silly:

Not a good story. Don't care who we're playing or how 'doucheish' the guy was, if I saw one of our students do that, I'd do my best to have him/her kicked out of the arena and banned for the season!!! :D

I've had my share of Goofy fans throwing food at the back of my head during the F5 and I don't appreciate it!! :silly:

Hahaha!!!

The guy who got the pizza in the face was the one who got thrown out for wearing the RED