SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

und_c_vandevelde_1.jpg

Yes it is 2 in the morning AZ time and 3 g-forks time and lets get this gameday thread rolling and bring the cup home to g-forks

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SIOUX 4-3.........duncan,duncan,kozek,frattin

sioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gif

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Sioux last won the Cup, back in 2004 I believe, was the Cup in the House at the time of the clinch, or was it presented to the team during the first round of the playoffs, as might be the case this year if things fall into place as they should?

I say the Sioux skated the Cup after clinching in the regular season, against Tech.

A guy I know says the Sioux skated the Cup after beating Tech in the first round.

Who is right, or are we both dumbells? Should be a great weekend of hockey.

Sioux win and clinch tonight, drop one tomorrow night, and then roll four lines to eight straight wins to close the season. The Ralph. The X. The John. The Crown. We all knew it from the start. This team is special.

When the Sioux last won the Cup, back in 2004 I believe, was the Cup in the House at the time of the clinch, or was it presented to the team during the first round of the playoffs, as might be the case this year if things fall into place as they should?

I say the Sioux skated the Cup after clinching in the regular season, against Tech.

A guy I know says the Sioux skated the Cup after beating Tech in the first round.

Who is right, or are we both dumbells? Should be a great weekend of hockey.

Sioux win and clinch tonight, drop one tomorrow night, and then roll four lines to eight straight wins to close the season. The Ralph. The X. The John. The Crown. We all knew it from the start. This team is special.

The Sioux skated with the Cup before the playoffs. You are right.

PK will have to play tough as the BADgers don't dive as much as the Robbie Earl era BADgers, they can still flop to the ice when they feel an opponent's breath. Any pre-game gatherings? Nice day in Cheeseland this morning, but it is supposed to rain tomorrow. GO SIOUX ! ! !

wow az, that is some dedication starting a thread at 3 am :silly: im not sure how many years it has been since i have been up that late on a weeknight, but kudos to you :D so with the spirit of azsioux's dedication, sioux win 5-3 tonight. hextall, vandy, marto, duncs, zajac (we never lose when zajac scores :D ), then tie tomorrow night 3-3 with kozek, watty and jones getting the game tying goal with under a minute.

wow az, that is some dedication starting a thread at 3 am :silly: im not sure how many years it has been since i have been up that late on a weeknight, but kudos to you :D so with the spirit of azsioux's dedication, sioux win 5-3 tonight. hextall, vandy, marto, duncs, zajac (we never lose when zajac scores :D ), then tie tomorrow night 3-3 with kozek, watty and jones getting the game tying goal with under a minute.

Well it will be great to win the cup this weekend it would sure ne nice to have it presented in Gf where the whole team is there. Derek Lapoint has been a huge part of this team this year and it would be nice to see him be part of the ceremony as well as any of the other players that don't get much ice time. Davidson, Fineagi Harrington

The Sioux skated with the Cup before the playoffs. You are right.

I was at that game and have some pics of them skating it around from the upper bowl...one of the jumbotron too with the players on the ice sprawled out trophy in front of them, you know, the victory pose that you see a lot of teams do. That was my first year as a Sioux fan...my wife took me to my first hockey game ever at the Ralph maybe in January of that year. The Cup game was only my 2nd or third game, and I had no idea what they were skating around with at the time, I had to read about it in the Herald the next day. For all I knew they just won the Stanley Cup.

I was at that game and have some pics of them skating it around from the upper bowl...one of the jumbotron too with the players on the ice sprawled out trophy in front of them, you know, the victory pose that you see a lot of teams do. That was my first year as a Sioux fan...my wife took me to my first hockey game ever at the Ralph maybe in January of that year. The Cup game was only my 2nd or third game, and I had no idea what they were skating around with at the time, I had to read about it in the Herald the next day. For all I knew they just won the Stanley Cup.

Boy, you've come a long way Baby!

That picture is my current computer background screen and this year I am hoping for an update picture with the national title trophy in front of them

Badgers lack depth up front and so the loss of Geoffrion will really hurt them, 4-2 Sioux.

They don't lack depth up front, in fact they are pretty deep, after all they are third in the conference in scoring. What they lack, is high end scorers that they can count on producing night after night. So in that sense, yes, Geoffrion will hurt. Although Turnbull, who will be playing tonight can score but Geoffrion plays a ton of minutes in every situation so that will hurt.

But we do have one tie, LOL. It works 60% of the time 100% of the time.

They don't lack depth up front, in fact they are pretty deep, after all they are third in the conference in scoring. What they lack, is high end scorers that they can count on producing night after night. So in that sense, yes, Geoffrion will hurt. Although Turnbull, who will be playing tonight can score but Geoffrion plays a ton of minutes in every situation so that will hurt.

I should have been more specific and said with one starting center already being out losing their best center is going to really hurt. Sioux should control the faceoffs at the very least.

yah it was a late night playing beer pong with my cuz and friends :D hell, thursday counts as the start to a weekend these days :D

I like the bold prediction on Jones. :D

Does anyone know if the video stream of tonights game on uwbadgers.com is free or do I have to register and pay? Thanks for any help! GO SIOUX!!

im sure it will be a pay webcast. the only free one i know of is uaa