SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

Is it Friday yet??

This has been a long week and it's only Tuesday with the Sioux playing just 2 days ago. Still, can't this bloody week just end and get this game started?

Patience never has been an attribute that has been I've been associated with. :lol:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too like our balance on offense.

With Lapoint gone, it is even more important that Joe Finley play like a Sr. 1st. round draft pick.

He should be our best defenseman every night. Lately he hasn't.

Especially with Genoway taking chances on offense, Joe needs to be a force in our zone and not give up the puck so often like he did this weekend vs. CC.

If Finley becomes our best player down the stretch, I like our chances.

So because Genoway doesn't have that mindset that he's a defenseman while in the opposing zone and gets lost in the transition when he coughs it up and Joe has difficulty stopping an odd-man rush, it's Joe's fault? Genoway coughed it up just as much or more than Joe, and was no where near where he needed to be defensively. Joe knows his role, and with a stick longer than a lot of our players are tall, it's not easy to stick handle like Jonny Toews out there. Look at Joe's plus-minus from last year when he played the whole season. Joe isn't our problem. Genoway can perform miracles with the puck, but needs to learn there are 3 forwards on the ice already.

Joe isn't our problem. Genoway can perform miracles with the puck, but needs to learn there are 3 forwards on the ice already.

You know I thought that this past weekend. Chay is good in the offensive zone but he is going to have to reacquaint himself with the defensive

zone during the playoffs which can be grinding type games.

You know I thought that this past weekend. Chay is good in the offensive zone but he is going to have to reacquaint himself with the defensive

zone during the playoffs which can be grinding type games.

its not breaking news that joe and chay are completely different dmen out there, they each have their role. joe has become a defensive force and makes some pretty nice outlet passes. but don't underestimate what a puck moving dman like chay means to any team. a guy who can take it and skate the puck the length of the ice and run our pp. believe me, it can change the way a team gameplans us, it can break down that dreaded trap we all hate so much. chay may turn the puck over once in a while, but that comes with the type of player he is, and i wouldn't trade him for another college dman.

its not breaking news that joe and chay are completely different dmen out there, they each have their role. joe has become a defensive force and makes some pretty nice outlet passes. but don't underestimate what a puck moving dman like chay means to any team. a guy who can take it and skate the puck the length of the ice and run our pp. believe me, it can change the way a team gameplans us, it can break down that dreaded trap we all hate so much. chay may turn the puck over once in a while, but that comes with the type of player he is, and i wouldn't trade him for another college dman.

I don't think anyone understimates what Chay can do with the puck and offensively. But, when he gets TOO offensive, it essentially leaves us with only 1 defensman a lot of times, and it's hurt us on more than one occasion.

No one is underestimating his talents I like his play, but he also does get caught up ice.

No one is underestimating his talents I like his play, but he also does get caught up ice.

in response to the both of you, like i said, it comes with the territory. i don't like odd man rushes either, but that is why joe and chay are d partners. joe knows chay will rush the puck a few times a game, and an odd man rush may happen, he knows his role. also, chay's winger should be dropping back to help out when he does make a rush. im not trying to disagree with everything you say, but i feel that chay's positives VASTLY outweigh his shortcomings. this team isn't even close to the same team when he is not on the ice.

in response to the both of you, like i said, it comes with the territory. i don't like odd man rushes either, but that is why joe and chay are d partners. joe knows chay will rush the puck a few times a game, and an odd man rush may happen, he knows his role. also, chay's winger should be dropping back to help out when he does make a rush. im not trying to disagree with everything you say, but i feel that chay's positives VASTLY outweigh his shortcomings. this team isn't even close to the same team when he is not on the ice.

Chay can still bring the puck up on the ice. He can still be part of the offense. All he has to do is keep in mind that he's a defenseman. It shouldn't be one of the forwards responsibilities for him being out of position. Our BEST games are when Chay doesn't try to do too much...and Chay actually has seen better point production because of it in those games. I'm not saying Chay should try to be the big lumbering oak defenseman, I'm just saying he shouldn't try to do too much, like he tends to do sometimes.

don't forget it was Chay's bringing the puck up the ice that set up the winning goals against msum and uaa.

Don't worry, haven't forgot. But, some games we need those comeback goals because of goals given up on odd-man rushes also. The game is 60 minutes, so it'd be nice to not be out of a game after the 1st period (2008 Frozen Four).

Don't worry, haven't forgot. But, some games we need those comeback goals because of goals given up on odd-man rushes also. The game is 60 minutes, so it'd be nice to not be out of a game after the 1st period (2008 Frozen Four).

don't disagree at all.

i guess it is better if its at home with the fans but would still be cool to have it in madison for the sioux fans that will be there when the sioux win

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

MacNaughton Cup won't go to Madison

The WCHA said today that it is not planning to bring the MacNaughton Cup to Madison for UND's series with the Badgers this weekend.

UND could clinch at least a share of the Cup with one point and the Sioux will win it outright with two points.

Usually, teams only celebrate at home with it, although there is no direct policy.

If UND does win the Cup, it would likely be unveiled during the first-round playoff series, which is what the Sioux did in 2001. The Sioux were able to clinch the Cup at home in 2004.

i guess it is better if its at home with the fans but would still be cool to have it in madison for the sioux fans that will be there when the sioux win

per brad

The WCHA said today that it is not planning to bring the MacNaughton Cup to Madison for UND's series with the Badgers this weekend.

UND could clinch at least a share of the Cup with one point and the Sioux will win it outright with two points.

Usually, teams only celebrate at home with it, although there is no direct policy.

If UND does win the Cup, it would likely be unveiled during the first-round playoff series, which is what the Sioux did in 2001. The Sioux were able to clinch the Cup at home in 2004.

Yeah i read that, I think they should bring it to madison, if it doesnt go to madison does that mean it will go to Denver?? :lol:

because by that logic it should go to denver, because they have a chance to win the cup, and thay are playing at home.

if it does go to denver, THAT IS BULL !@$!!!! they have a far less chance of winning than UND does (knock on wood)

who cares if it is in Madison, they should take the cup wherever the team most likely to win is playing, regardless if they are playing at home or away. if UND was playing DU this weekend in Denver and the winner won the cup and UND won, they wouldnt hold onto the cup until next week when UND are playing at home to present it to them would they. i say BRING IT TO MADISON!!!

Yeah i read that, I think they should bring it to madison, if it doesnt go to madison does that mean it will go to Denver?? :lol:

because by that logic it should go to denver, because they have a chance to win the cup, and thay are playing at home.

if it does go to denver, THAT IS BULL !@$!!!! they have a far less chance of winning than UND does (knock on wood)

who cares if it is in Madison, they should take the cup wherever the team most likely to win is playing, regardless if they are playing at home or away. if UND was playing DU this weekend in Denver and the winner won the cup and UND won, they wouldnt hold onto the cup until next week when UND are playing at home to present it to them would they. i say BRING IT TO MADISON!!!

The Cup isn't going anywhere.

per brad

they also presented the cup at home in 1998, however that was a downer as they did it after the Saturday game and Wisconsin beat us that night.

If I remember correctly, Madison is one of the road trips they fly to.

They fly, with the exception of Michigan Tech there is a certain cutoff line on the mileage between busing and flying. Other than Tech, I think Mankato is their longest bus trip so the cutoff would be somewhere around there.

Chay can still bring the puck up on the ice. He can still be part of the offense. All he has to do is keep in mind that he's a defenseman. It shouldn't be one of the forwards responsibilities for him being out of position. Our BEST games are when Chay doesn't try to do too much...and Chay actually has seen better point production because of it in those games. I'm not saying Chay should try to be the big lumbering oak defenseman, I'm just saying he shouldn't try to do too much, like he tends to do sometimes.

Back to my original point - the Sr. 1st round draft pick needs to be our best D if we want to play games in April. That hasn't been the case lately. In fact, I think his best weekend was v. UMTC in Jan.

He needs to be more physical, take care of the puck and make better decisions, especially when he knows his partner's role is to push the puck and take some chances on offense.

He needs to play his best hockey as a Sioux starting now.

Yeah good point that last game last year was a bummer.