SIOUX vs CC

AZSIOUX

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much on the line for that.

Agree. We have a great chance at winning the McNaughton, and BE has become the backstopper for this team...no reason to change things up in a game of this magnitude, simply to start a senior. Walski's a team guy and will want what's best for the team.

More than likely either MTU or UAA.

But there is also still the chance that we could play MSUM or UMN if we finish in 3rd.

I think it would be funny if we played UMN ticket wise. The Ralph charged $40/ticket/game for the UMN series this year and ticket packages for the first round are $40 total, for a possible 3 game series!

Does Walski get one last start because it's senior day?

im guessing you are serious

no he doesnt get a start for senior day. the sioux are fighting for a mcnoughton cup and this game may be the swing game in order to win that cup with a victory today.

I guess I don't see why everyone is finding DaveK question outrageous. :huh:

If he means as just having Walski 'start' the game so it goes in the books that he started the game and then be replaced when the puck is frozen for the first time then I wouldn't mind that. I've seen a couple of teams do that for there senior goalies.

I remember when Wisconsin was playing in the consolation game in the Final Five and it was Brian Elliotts(sp?) last game as a Badger so they gave him the start and then was replaced by Connelly(sp?) when the puck was first frozen. Of course, for those that remember watching the game the opposing team scored on Elliott during that time span of less than a minute that he was actually on the ice for that game. ??? The Badgers still ended up winning though from what I recall.

---

Now if he actually meant Walski actually getting to play with the regular season title on the line then yes that is outrageous!

HELP!

My computer got a virus and I had to reset it. This is the second time this has happened to me this year. So, now I am unable to stream from fightingsioux.com. I have sent in a ticket to their tech support, but wondering if someone on this board knows what the advanced settings on the internet options need to be?

I have loaded the latest flash player. I get the jump tv preview to play, but it won't play anything after that. It has happened before and I figured it out through luck and tech support, but I didnt learn, so I am in the same boat. I am impatiently waiting for tech support to email me and trying to get htis figured out!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

HELP!

My computer got a virus and I had to reset it. This is the second time this has happened to me this year. So, now I am unable to stream from fightingsioux.com. I have sent in a ticket to their tech support, but wondering if someone on this board knows what the advanced settings on the internet options need to be?

I have loaded the latest flash player. I get the jump tv preview to play, but it won't play anything after that. It has happened before and I figured it out through luck and tech support, but I didnt learn, so I am in the same boat. I am impatiently waiting for tech support to email me and trying to get htis figured out!

Thanks!

I wasn't aware you had to change anything in Advanced Settings. I've switched from XP to Vista and back to XP, but never had to change any Advanced Settings. Are you able to watch anything in the Multimedia section?

HELP!

Thanks!

I had all sorts of problem loading the radio feed yesterday. I just kept reloading and reloading it and it finally came up. Have had this problem off and on all year. Not sure how to fix this. Don't know anything about the video stuff though.

I had all sorts of problem loading the radio feed yesterday. I just kept reloading and reloading it and it finally came up. Have had this problem off and on all year. Not sure how to fix this. Don't know anything about the video stuff though.

Yesterday's problem was obviously a site problem at fightingsioux.com, as multiple people were having problems getting on the site. I couldn't get it to come up at all throughout the game on either of my computers, but it comes right up today.

This may or may not help. When you log in to your account, the media player window pops up automatically, and covers up a small popup that says, "this page contain both secure and unsecure items. Do you want to display the unsecure items?". If you don't check behind the media player window and answer that popup, the media player will not play. (you can answer yes or no, either way it will then work) Mimimize the media player window and you'll see the ie box with the warning.

Thanks for reaching out. I am still unable to make it play. I can watch the jump tv preview, but then it just tries to buffer for a while before stopping and saying error on the page on the bottom of the flash player.

I've had this happen before, and it is something in my settings.

This just kills me. It is so frustrating.

Does anyone know anything about the Western Hockey League? I was at the Spokane Chiefs game on Friday night and, although I'm not a hockey scout, I saw what I thought was some excellently skilled players. Tokarski, Wahl, Johnson, etc. I see a lot of kids coming out of the USHL to the NCAA ranks, but very few if any from the WHL. Any ideas why this is??

Does anyone know anything about the Western Hockey League? I was at the Spokane Chiefs game on Friday night and, although I'm not a hockey scout, I saw what I thought was some excellently skilled players. Tokarski, Wahl, Johnson, etc. I see a lot of kids coming out of the USHL to the NCAA ranks, but very few if any from the WHL. Any ideas why this is??

its a major junior league like the OHL, QMJHL. you lose college eligibility playing in it

the USHL, AJHL, BCHL are ncaa feeding junior leagues

the leading whl scorer was a former tech husky that ended up going major junior rather than college

AZ's correct. You see some college recruits get drafted into that league but then choose to go the college route. It's an option for players, but I don't think it's quite at the level of college hockey or the more known Canadian major junior leagues.