SiouxSports.com Forum

Dean Blais going to a another D-1 school?

tho0505

Lately I've been reading some articles from gopher writers and other gopher boggers, and there are SOME that are basically throwing Lucia in the dirt after the past two seasons. There is talk (talk i mean suggestions) that gophers need a Dean Blais to get back on track. Now...what are actually the chances of Dean Blais getting back involved with a D-1 program? Minnesota for that matter? Didn't he graduate from MN?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately I've been reading some articles from gopher writers and other gopher boggers, and there are SOME that are basically throwing Lucia in the dirt after the past two seasons. There is talk (talk i mean suggestions) that gophers need a Dean Blais to get back on track. Now...what are actually the chances of Dean Blais getting back involved with a D-1 program? Minnesota for that matter? Didn't he graduate from MN?

Lucia took them to two titles. Those talking like that aren't any smarter than those who keep trying to throw Hakstol under the bus. He was a good coach at CC and he is still a good coach.

i don't like lucia, but he won't lose his job, at least not this year. you would think two national titles have given him the leeway to have one off season. that being said, yes blais played for the goofs, and given the opportunity (and big enough contract), he may think about it, but i think he likes his team in fargo, especially since he has alot of control.

I agree, he's a great coach and i have tons of respect for the guy, I could definately see Dean Blais coming back to college hockey and why would he go to a weak D-1 school, like a UAA, MT, UNO?

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2007/02/15_report.php

A source close to the situation said that while Blais is expected to be the coach of the new Fargo-Moorhead franchise, he will keep his options open in case an attractive college coaching job opens.

Blais said on a Fargo radio show recently that he would definitely be interested in returning to coaching college hockey if the right job becomes available.

It looks like Blais is using the Fargo force job to get back into college hockey. He used to be an assistant coach at UM, but I agree with you that Lucia will be there for a while.

I agree, he's a great coach and i have tons of respect for the guy, I could definately see Dean Blais coming back to college hockey and why would he go to a weak D-1 school, like a UAA, MT, UNO?

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2007/02/15_report.php

A source close to the situation said that while Blais is expected to be the coach of the new Fargo-Moorhead franchise, he will keep his options open in case an attractive college coaching job opens.

Blais said on a Fargo radio show recently that he would definitely be interested in returning to coaching college hockey if the right job becomes available.

It looks like Blais is using the Fargo force job to get back into college hockey. He used to be an assistant coach at UM, but I agree with you that Lucia will be there for a while.

I say give him his old job back. :D

A Blais team would have too much Grit for the Gophers. Then i guess they would find out what they are missing out on. Unless you can confuse the recent hack jobs for grit. I say the Goofs keep the Lucia Pet

I would predict that Lucia is going no where.

Lucia isn't going anywhere unless his health is much worse than has been said, which I doubt. As for Blais, why would he want to coach at a university where he is restricted to coaching 18-year MN hockey players straight out of high school. tDean has too much class to use that as an excuse.

^Without regard to the OP's intent, the jungle drums have indeed been pounding about whether or not it is time for the UMTC to go on without tDon. Both fishwrap factories' blogs have been filled with some "professional" speculation on the subject.

I think tDon's future at UMTC is a valid topic. Whether or not Blais would go there is another, and completely unrelated topic. I think Dean has a pretty good gig in Fargo, as long as Ace Brandt is willing to keep cutting checks.

Most criticism of Lucia is fair game. He is signed through 2011-12. If I were a betting man I'd bet Lucia leaves the Gophers on his terms.

If for some reason Lucia was let go or couldn't complete his contract, you can bet the "U" would look closely at Blais. I believe they would have last time as well, but UND locked him up wisely.

Luciapet may have been a good coach at CC, but the general consensus by the players-fans was good riddance. He has always had a tool mentality, and I know that there are people at Minny who work for him would like to see him get the ole rubber over-shoe to the keester.

Can you back up what you say about players that want him gone and the people who work for him that want him gone.

As for the fans, I would say that there are some who would like a change ( these are mainly your knee jerk fans, just like the sioux fans who want Hackstol fired when the team starts out slow ) but I wouldn't say it is the general consenses.

Can you back up what you say about players that want him gone and the people who work for him that want him gone.

As for the fans, I would say that there are some who would like a change ( these are mainly your knee jerk fans, just like the sioux fans who want Hackstol fired when the team starts out slow ) but I wouldn't say it is the general consenses.

My Brother worked with a guy in MPLS that played for Lucia @ C.C. and said Lucia can recruit great players but he isn't a very good coach.

Also, does anyone find it ironic that Lucia get rid of MG and they don't retain their goalie coach Stauber and they are having problem with defense and goaltending? Just saying. I have no dog in this fight so I could care less if Luica is the coach f the Gopher or not. Frankly he is doing one hell of a job

right now ???:D

My Brother worked with a guy in MPLS that played for Lucia @ C.C. and said Lucia can recruit great players but he isn't a very good coach.

Also, does anyone find it ironic that Lucia get rid of MG and they don't retain their goalie coach Stauber and they are having problem with defense and goaltending? Just saying. I have no dog in this fight so I could care less if Luica is the coach f the Gopher or not. Frankly he is doing one hell of a job

right now ???:D

Your brothers friend who played for Lucia can have his opinion but I guess I will take Lucia's accomplishments as a coach to determine if he is a good coach or not and there not too bad. As for Stuaber leaving, it had nothing to do with Lucia retaining him, he left on his own because of his business.

Your brothers friend who played for Lucia can have his opinion but I guess I will take Lucia's accomplishments as a coach to determine if he is a good coach or not and there not too bad. As for Stuaber leaving, it had nothing to do with Lucia retaining him, he left on his own because of his business.

It was one of my brothers workers but I am going to take some merit to what this ex-player had to say. I am also going to pose this question; If Lucia is a such a good coach why wasn't he able to get more out of a player like Blake Wheeler who is a legit ROY candidate in the NHL? It appears that some of

his ex-players have blossomed in the NHL in spite of him.