SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

woops, put this in the wrong thread ;)

what if.........

my final standings

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/whatif/

sioux - i have sweeping uaa, splitting vs cc and uw

denver - i have splitting at uw, beating cc in 1 game and taking 3 points from scsu

badgers - splitting with sioux, sweeping at msu and splitting with du

WCHA Final

Team GP Pts

UND 28 37

Denver 28 36

UW 28 36

UMN 28 31

UMD 28 30

CC 28 29

SCSU 28 28

Mankato 28 22

AA 28 20

MTech 28 11

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alaska might be without their coach for a game this weekend....? I find it interesting how McLeod is talking so tough about Shyiak and 3 weeks ago deferred to Denver University to hand out a punishment for Gwoz' actions in Grand Forks. This comissioner needs to be replaced by someone with a spine and doesn't play favorites.

I can't disagree with anything Shyiak has to say in his comments. Truth hurts, huh McLeod? Loser!

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/gopher...eawolves-coach/

Or, if you have a big dish and C band, you can apparently get these games on TV, so, sports bars may be an option for some.

yep they're on C-Band. Watched most games this year on there :)

9:30 coach's show

10:00 game time

too bad the guys who do the games decide that cranking the audio up to 11 on the meter makes it sound better ;)

(you barely need to have the TV up because its so damn loud)

Alaska might be without their coach for a game this weekend....? I find it interesting how McLeod is talking so tough about Shyiak and 3 weeks ago deferred to Denver University to hand out a punishment for Gwoz' actions in Grand Forks. This comissioner needs to be replaced by someone with a spine and doesn't play favorites.

I can't disagree with anything Shyiak has to say in his comments. Truth hurts, huh McLeod? Loser!

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/gopher...eawolves-coach/

Anyone else seeing a pattern developing here? Seems the coaches aren't happy with the officating but the League commish McClown

doesn't see the problems with the officials so the problems won't get fixed. Shyiak is right that was a bad call on the CFB in question. The Gopher player turned his back and got hit. It was also a shoulder to shoulder hit. When McClown contract comes up for renewing I think the league coaches or who ever votes on this things needs to fail to renew his contract. Next step Greg Shepherd gone.

Anyone else seeing a pattern developing here? Seems the coaches aren't happy with the officating but the League commish McClown

doesn't see the problems with the officials so the problems won't get fixed. Shyiak is right that was a bad call on the CFB in question. The Gopher player turned his back and got hit. It was also a shoulder to shoulder hit. When McClown contract comes up for renewing I think the league coaches or who ever votes on this things needs to fail to renew his contract. Next step Greg Shepherd gone.

yeah it sucks but it is the toughest rule to ref as well. it all started after bina got hurt and now sometimes players are turning and sometimes they arent but its all the refs discretion. very tough one to call as i have seen some called when they shouldnt be and some not called when for sure should be. i for sure am not gona worry about it but i can only hope the league can improve as whole in the future to help the wcha overall

yeah it sucks but it is the toughest rule to ref as well. it all started after bina got hurt and now sometimes players are turning and sometimes they arent but its all the refs discretion. very tough one to call as i have seen some called when they shouldnt be and some not called when for sure should be. i for sure am not gona worry about it but i can only hope the league can improve as whole in the future to help the wcha overall

First off, McLoser always states that they are subject to the coaches' opinions during the offseason meetings. Year in and year out they exit the meetings without much change, if any at all. McLoser calls that a vote of confidence. I call it simply stacking the agenda with so many other items that they don't get a chance to truly hash out the officiating problem. That and the fact that I think that enough coaches genuinely think of Greg Shepherd as their friend. It's hard to boot a friend's ass out onto the curb even if he deserves it (unless of course it is extremely serious, like doinking your girl).

Toughest rule? Not anymore it isn't. The NCAA charges into the picture on every rule that is continuously and sometimes dangerously misinterpretted and makes a ruling that sets the punishment in a fixed manner. This is called a crackdown.

What's tough about this rule is the fact that there is no consistent enforcement of it anymore in the WCHA.

First off, McLoser always states that they are subject to the coaches' opinions during the offseason meetings. Year in and year out they exit the meetings without much change, if any at all. McLoser calls that a vote of confidence. I call it simply stacking the agenda with so many other items that they don't get a chance to truly hash out the officiating problem. That and the fact that I think that enough coaches genuinely think of Greg Shepherd as their friend. It's hard to boot a friend's ass out onto the curb even if he deserves it (unless of course it is extremely serious, like doinking your girl).

Toughest rule? Not anymore it isn't. The NCAA charges into the picture on every rule that is continuously and sometimes dangerously misinterpretted and makes a ruling that sets the punishment in a fixed manner. This is called a crackdown.

What's tough about this rule is the fact that there is no consistent enforcement of it anymore in the WCHA.

Time for the gong show to go, enough is enough... Maybe we need to flood the AD's with emails?

Time for the gong show to go, enough is enough... Maybe we need to flood the AD's with emails?

No.

What I forget is that McLoser ends up throwing enough bones to the coaches to smooth anything they may have problems with over.

Things are going to have to genuinely get worse before McLoser and Daddy Doofus gets the heave ho.

I think what we should do is flood McLeod and Shepherd's retirement funds with money. Give them no reason to remain in the working world. With their retirement, we can move on and up.

No.

What I forget is that McLoser ends up throwing enough bones to the coaches to smooth anything they may have problems with over.

Things are going to have to genuinely get worse before McLoser and Daddy Doofus gets the heave ho.

I think what we should do is flood McLeod and Shepherd's retirement funds with money. Give them no reason to remain in the working world. With their retirement, we can move on and up.

The fact that Luica and Gwoz have been crying about the reffing this season makes me believe that there is enough ground swell

to get the ball rolling. Remember the refs have been called out a few time this season. Add virg's comments about the league

the other night between periods of the hockey game on Saturday night it is no mystery that the league office has a serious credibility problems.

The UAA coach was right. I hope he gave McClown a earful today.

The fact that Luica and Gwoz have been crying about the reffing this season makes me believe that there is enough ground swell

to get the ball rolling. Remember the refs have been called out a few time this season. Add virg's comments about the league

the other night between periods of the hockey game on Saturday night it is no mystery that the league office has a serious credibility problems.

The UAA coach was right. I hope he gave McClown a earful today.

Then expect grovelling and empty promises. No personnel changes will be made. The beginning of next season will see a resurgence of strict adherence to the rulebook followed by the usual relinquishing and eventual abandonment around the holiday tourney season

The Sioux are 2-4 in the last six played at AA (split in 2004-5, split in 2005-6, got swept in 2006-7).

The good thing is those games were played during the "pre-surge" part of the seasons but anything less than a full 60 min each night and they will be in trouble. AA, Tech, and Wisconsin play a style that seems to give the Sioux problems.

There is too much on the line for any excuses after the game(s). We are the better team, we need to play like it and come away with two wins. Anything less will probably drop us below 14 in the pairwise. There is a resonable chance there will be a least one or two "upset" conference playoff winners that will get in that are not in the top 14 pairwise, therefore we really need to be at #12 or better.

Had we not come back to win the Sat. Mankato game we would be at #17, that's how much each game matters right now.

The Sioux are 2-4 in the last six played at AA (split in 2004-5, split in 2005-6, got swept in 2006-7).

The good thing is those games were played during the "pre-surge" part of the seasons but anything less than a full 60 min each night and they will be in trouble. AA, Tech, and Wisconsin play a style that seems to give the Sioux problems.

There is too much on the line for any excuses after the game(s). We are the better team, we need to play like it and come away with two wins. Anything less will probably drop us below 14 in the pairwise. There is a resonable chance there will be a least one or two "upset" conference playoff winners that will get in that are not in the top 14 pairwise, therefore we really need to be at #12 or better.

Had we not come back to win the Sat. Mankato game we would be at #17, that's how much each game matters right now.

exactly. 5 spot difference and then the rpi takes a hit. lose to uaa and its back down for even more of an uphill climb. i think the sioux know whats at stake and will take it to uaa friday and a nice tight win saturday 4-2 with a EN

exactly. 5 spot difference and then the rpi takes a hit. lose to uaa and its back down for even more of an uphill climb. i think the sioux know whats at stake and will take it to uaa friday and a nice tight win saturday 4-2 with a EN

Has there been an empty netter all year? I can't recall one... too lazy to look either, haha.

Someone said that this was available for free from the Alaska side. That'd be great if they didn't expect us to stay up late to watch it.

The problem is that no one watched Seawolves hockey except a few hard core UAA fans.

Of course there will be a bunch of Sioux fans logging on that will probably crash the server. ;)