SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday - Saturday WCHA/College Hockey Games

AZSIOUX

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now Notre Dame wins it in OT 4-3.

The Ohio St guy who took a major for spearing with 2:30 left .... [fill in the blank]

Well, with all the other top ranked teams winning tonight, at least we got a little PWR help.

Hey, spearing is ok as long as he didn't drop his gloves! :D Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

From the games I watched:

UW/UMN

Despite outshooting the Badgers, the Gophers still have some glaring issues with defensive play and goaltending. For being such a shutdown goalie last season, Kangas has certainly nosedived. Two of the goals tonight were ones he for sure should have had. I really think that both his and the Gopher problems began with the shellacking that the Sioux put on them at the Ralph. They are a totally different team now than what I remember from earlier this year. Now we have to pass UW in the WCHA again...and a sweep by UW puts them even closer to us in the PWR.

DU/UMD

DU winning hurts us in the WCHA standings but helps us in the PWR. Still, they survived simply because UMD could not stop their PP. They can't give the DU players that much time and space on the PP...need to be more aggressive IMO. I really wouldn't mind seeing a split in this series.

ND/OSU

Notre Dame has really good puck movement on the PP, but didn't generate a lot of offense 5x5. OSU looked good as well, but them losing certainly helps us, so hopefully ND can sweep.

From the games I watched:

UW/UMN

Despite outshooting the Badgers, the Gophers still have some glaring issues with defensive play and goaltending. For being such a shutdown goalie last season, Kangas has certainly nosedived. Two of the goals tonight were ones he for sure should have had. I really think that both his and the Gopher problems began with the shellacking that the Sioux put on them at the Ralph. They are a totally different team now than what I remember from earlier this year. Now we have to pass UW in the WCHA again...and a sweep by UW puts them even closer to us in the PWR.

DU/UMD

DU winning hurts us in the WCHA standings but helps us in the PWR. Still, they survived simply because UMD could not stop their PP. They can't give the DU players that much time and space on the PP...need to be more aggressive IMO. I really wouldn't mind seeing a split in this series.

ND/OSU

Notre Dame has really good puck movement on the PP, but didn't generate a lot of offense 5x5. OSU looked good as well, but them losing certainly helps us, so hopefully ND can sweep.

UND is sitting at 13th in the PWR.