Mustangs Audio

Live Stats

Northern Sun TV Video--Free

Game Notes--SMSU

KEY PLAYERS

Jon DeRock: 6'1" Jr. Guard, 9.1 ppg,

Ross DeMasi: 6'8" Sr. Forward, 9 ppg, 9.8 rpg, leads NSIC in rebounding

Kevin Andrews: 6'4" Jr. Guard, 9 ppg

-Southwest is currently tied for 1st place atop the NSIC with Winona St.

-They are currently ranked 5th in the North Central Region Rankings

-Although SMSU doesn't have anyone averaging double figures in scoring, they have six players that average over 7 ppg

-Southwest defeated North Dakota 78-73 in Grand Forks on November 18

I honestly was very disappointed in your team. All I've heard about is how much UND has improved since the first meeting, but you certainly did not show it in the second half. While Nick Dale is decent, he should not be putting up 18/7 in 21 minutes against a D1 program (though I'm not complaining that he did).

By the way, how is the women's team doing? I graduated high school with Kayla Bagaason.

Game over 77-64 SMSU. I can't believe the way UND fell apart in the second half. 3 Mustangs in double figures. Seemed like we couldn't handle the height of DeMasi and Dale. Mustang coach is from LaMoure, maybe we should hire him.

Greg already helped here as a volunteer asst. under Rich Glas......

His ex-wife was our UND Volleyball coach Lori Stemen......

Greg Stemen was never an assistant under Glas. I heard he showed up a few times at practice. But never was on his staff.

Greg helped out with the mens basketball team, he helped scout opposing teams and at times helped at practices with game prep. He did this while his wife was the Head volleyball coach at UND, and while he was working for a pharmaceutical company.

I guess we have different interpretations of volunteer asst and staff.... :D

Honestly, if you feel like ripping every team on campus other than the hockey team can you at least stay in the hockey forum. Your act's getting tiresome.

Having a basketball team that loses to SW Minnesota and barely squeeks by the Valley City's of the world is getting old too. I was a basketball fan, when they put a decent product on the court. Chris Gardner, Ben Jacobson, etc, were entertaining. One can argue whether it's talent or coaching, but the current product stinks.

I would still pay money to watch a UND women's game as long as I didn't have to stay and watch the men.

Having a basketball team that loses to SW Minnesota and barely squeeks by the Valley City's of the world is getting old too. I was a basketball fan, when they put a decent product on the court. Chris Gardner, Ben Jacobson, etc, were entertaining. One can argue whether it's talent or coaching, but the current product stinks.

I would still pay money to watch a UND women's game as long as I didn't have to stay and watch the men.

More popcorn for me...... :D

If it does make you feel better. SMSU is one of the better teams in the NSIC. Ranked #1 this week in the region and tied for first in the NSIC. I talked to Greg at Booster Club today and asked. Said he was maybe at 10 practices at UND when his wife was coach at UND. Might have watched a few "other" games to help scout. anyways...

UND will be fine. This is a transition year and from what I hear the best players are all red shirted (7). With these 7 players playing next year and then next years incoming freshmen they will be fine. It takes time , the coaches knew this was going to be a tough year.

Good. So when they turn the corner and become a much better team and program in the future, you can stay home then too.

Objectivity is not a bad thing. The men's basketball team and program is down, nobody can argue that. Negative, pessimistic, sarcastic opinions on anything OTHER than hockey do get old however (actually, your login argues that point even). But, you are indeed entitled your own opinion.

I haven't had to ever use the "Ignore" feature on this forum for selected users. For the first time since joining, I am actually considering it.

I'd like to set you up on a date with "Debbie Downer". You'd be a great match!

Thanks for the "objectivity" though. Consistently great insight on your part. :lol:

I am a very casual basketball fan but as a Sioux fan I continue to support all of our teams and enjoy the games during the ups and downs. I for one have confidence in the coach, the freshman and whoever will be here next year. I do believe we can be good. Take the Texas A&M game for example, They almost beat Oklahoma last night whos the #2 or 3 team in the country.

The decision was made before the season to redshirt the entire freshman class. Which makes up probably 7 of our 9 most talented players and includes almost all of our size. I feel this was an extremely good decision for the program since this season is essentially meaningless. I'll trade losses now for wins later on when we're playoff eligible. You obviously feel this was a poor decision given your incessant sarcastic remarks disparaging the program. Tell me what would you have done differently? Would you have chosen not to redshirt the incoming freshman? If you disagree with Jones' decision to redshirt the incoming class then by all means criticize him for it. That's what this forum is for. If you want to come on here and make snide jackass comments then please go somewhere else or stick to the hockey board. At least if you keep it over there I won't have to read it.

The decision was made before the season to redshirt the entire freshman class. Which makes up probably 7 of our 9 most talented players and includes almost all of our size. I feel this was an extremely good decision for the program since this season is essentially meaningless. I'll trade losses now for wins later on when we're playoff eligible. You obviously feel this was a poor decision given your incessant sarcastic remarks disparaging the program. Tell me what would you have done differently? Would you have chosen not to redshirt the incoming freshman? If you disagree with Jones' decision to redshirt the incoming class then by all means criticize him for it. That's what this forum is for. If you want to come on here and make snide jackass comments then please go somewhere else or stick to the hockey board. At least if you keep it over there I won't have to read it.

I don't know how much more objective I can get. This coaching staff has done nothing to prove they can win at the DII level. What makes you think they can recruit and be successful at the DI level? Throw transition, redshirt, etc, out the window. This team should not struggle with DAC10 teams whether UND is a DII, transition, or DI program. But by all means, I respect your right to have a pollyanna like opinion on the team.

• 2 weeks later...