SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU HUSKIES

AZSIOUX

My point is that the Sioux have played well but their best games by far have been at home. Unfortunately, last night's game followed the game played on paper. Hopefully tonite will be different.

Starting to wonder if this Sioux team is just not very good on big ice.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that the Sioux have played well but their best games by far have been at home. Unfortunately, last night's game followed the game played on paper. Hopefully tonite will be different.

I was thinking the same thing about playing at home vs. the road. Somehow the Sioux need to find that energy from home and bring it on the bus with them when they play away from REA. Tonight NEEDS to be different. can you say, MUST WIN?

Dagies- You're a t.v. star. You had a little face-time on the St.Cloud broadcast. :glare:

1. Malone had his head down and got ran... no issue with it.

2. Did anyone see the CFB penalty?

3.Has anyone else noticed the puck bouncing all over the place? it just doesn't seem to be settling down.

That is complete !@#$! How is Malone's a 5 min and the hit on Dunc is 2.

Malone's penalty was legit after watching it on DVD this morning. I did think the hit on Duncan could have been 5 as well.

How come the Sioux kept falling down last night?

Honestly didn't think they played that bad either, Goon. Didn't have the big jump, but didn't get outplayed at all. Huskies just had a couple make it into the net. That's hockey sometimes. 9 saves on 12 shots through 2 periods tells a bit of the story. The CFB hurt because it burned up 5 minutes when they had been pressing pretty good to start the third.

I think the game was fairly evenly played, except for goaltending. I would have hoped the Sioux would have exposed the Huskie defense a little more. The Huskies seemed to collapse around the goalie. People complain if the coach says they didn't get bounces, but last night the Sioux had several shots on goal where the puck did bounce around, and just didn't find the right place to land.

SCSU also won too many battles on the boards.

You might have known it wouldn't be the Sioux's night when in the 2 period, desperate for goals, Duncan get's an open look from the slot and hits Weslosky right in the logo, and a bounce finally finds a Sioux player in front of an open net, but Kozek didn't know it was there and couldn't find it.

I think Weslosky made the Sioux look like they didn't challenge him because he was always in the right place and didn't have to look acrobatic.

Had you even seen the play when you said he was cheap shotted (sic) ? Boe checked our smallest player from behind. Schack went after him and started pounding on him. If Boe was Lucia and Schack was Jones, it would have been totally justified in your opinion. I hope that Boe is okay, and I'm not condoning Schack's actions. I'm assuming you live in GF and didn't actually see the play live, but even if you did, I really do think you just make some of this !@#$ up. I go to SS.com to get updates because it is much more conversational than GPL and it's fun to see what others are thinking, but even so, I just wish you, at least, could be a little more objective. And I do realize you're a Sioux fan and see things through green tinted glasses, as do I with the maroon and gold, but I just wish you'd quit pissing me off!

I doubt Sioux fans would give the gophers as much grief on this incident if the gophers weren't constantly wearing their halo's about their own behavior and accusing everyone else of being cheap hacks. Fact is the gophers are involved in about as much of this stuff as anyone else, and instigate as much. Accept it and move on. You've certainly lost the moral high ground now.

I was thinking the same thing about playing at home vs. the road. Somehow the Sioux need to find that energy from home and bring it on the bus with them when they play away from REA. Tonight NEEDS to be different. can you say, MUST WIN?

Dagies- You're a t.v. star. You had a little face-time on the St.Cloud broadcast. :ohmy:

I hope they didn't catch me flipping the bird at anyone. :glare:

I was at the game and it seemed like the Sioux were playing dump and chase way too much instead of attacking the St. Cloud zone with speed. We would dump the puck and try to set up a forecheck but were not able to create many quality opportunities doing that. The team just seemed a step slow. Weslosky was always in position and though he made 30 some saves there is not one I can recall that was point blank where a Sioux player was robbed. St Cloud is going to be hungry so we better match that intensity as we cannot afford another loss tonight. Blood is still very raw, understandably as he has not played much. I am sure Jones will be back in tonight. I also do not like Malone as a center, he is better suited as a grinding winger. He is not suited to set up Kozek.

Reading Brad's Blog, he said the first goal was a wraparound attempt that Eids made the save with his stick but was tapped in for an easy goal. The second goal was a shot attempt, and the rebound was put in on a wraparound try.

So, the first two goals were wraparound related. Where are our f'in defensemen stopping these guys down low like they need to. You can't let scorers hover around the net without making them pay for it.

I'm very concerned about tonights game. you know scsu will come out flying, but will we? our energy level on the road s pathetic. f that doesn't change and change soon our post season dreams will evaporate very quickly as including tonight we have 5 road games left and 4 home games and none of them are"gimmies". we can get 40 shots on goal but if there all at his chest what difference does it make? first goal will be huge tonight. if we get it lok for good things, if they get I have a feeling we could see a reverse of that sat night game up here against them.

Will everything on your new arena in Bemidji go as planned, if they aren't admitted into the WCHA? Have wondered that for awhile.

The lease between the city of Bemidji and BSU has BSU paying the city $238,000 (or something like that) per year if they don't play hockey in the facility. BSU is rolling the dice.

Let's come back strong tonight, Sioux! Let's go green (or black?)!

The lease between the city of Bemidji and BSU has BSU paying the city $238,000 (or something like that) per year if they don't play hockey in the facility. BSU is rolling the dice.

Let's come back strong tonight, Sioux! Let's go green (or black?)!

It will be black! Can't pin your hopes on a change of unis though as we know.

Dagies-

Right on. It very well could be that perception. But it also bites us as well. Almost every fan can find it difficult to admit that their team has acted goonish in the past. Even if the "past" began minutes ago.

Eids gave up 3 goals last night but it could have been much worse. I still think he was the difference maker.

Hopefully tonight we'll actually bury some pucks.