SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot to add tha the sioux have scored 100 goals this season. most goals in the nationa nd i believe still the most pp goals in the nation as well. just think if we would have scored goals in the first 2 months :silly:

forgot to add tha the sioux have scored 100 goals this season. most goals in the nationa nd i believe still the most pp goals in the nation as well. just think if we would have scored goals in the first 2 months :silly:

Not too mention they have 15 players with 10+ points or more. Finley will be the 16th once he hits 10 which could be this weekend.

That is impressive in my book. Well balanced.

Not too mention they have 15 players with 10+ points or more. Finley will be the 16th once he hits 10 which could be this weekend.

That is impressive in my book. Well balanced.

You just copied that from my response to redhawkman in the Miami thread on USCHO! :D

I swear, that guy just hates the Sioux for no reason. I will laugh if the Sioux make the NCAA's, as he has been writing the Sioux off for months now. :silly:

You just copied that from my response to redhawkman in the Miami thread on USCHO! :D

I swear, that guy just hates the Sioux for no reason. I will laugh if the Sioux make the NCAA's, as he has been writing the Sioux off for months now. :silly:

I posted it on the blog after one of the games this weekend. I guess I am going to have to go read pots it and respond to my buddy.

Apparently we are playing Miami Redhacks in Hockey next season. God I hope he comes to the games if they are in the REA. I would love to watch UND

drub the Redhack for two games.

Yeah I found your quote from 1-25:

Schedule gets tougher?

UND's remaining schedule:

7th place SCSU

8th place MSUM

9th place UAA

5th place CC

3rd place UW

I agree about UND's lack of high-end talent this season. There are no Oshie's or Jon Toews on this team. The good news for them though is that they substitute it with incredible offensive depth. They have 15 players on the team with 10pts or more. Not one player is dominating in points, everyone is chipping in.

My statement is a little different I guess:

There are 15 guys on the Sioux roster with double figures in points. That folks is balanced scoring. When we say the Sioux are winning games, the Sioux aren't winning close games they are beating good teams and great goaltenders by big margins.

Now that the schedule has been broken down I think UND has to go 5 out of 6 against 7,8,9 teams. Take three of four from a bad C.C. team and split at UW.

has this been posted?

fan bus

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=3656238

UND Athletics is offering a fan bus to St. Cloud to watch the Saturday night match-up between the Fighting Sioux and St. Cloud State. The bus will depart Grand Forks at 2pm Saturday and return following the conclusion of the game. Game time is set for 7:07 pm.

If interested in taking the bus please contact Lisa Persuitti, Director of Marketing, at 701-777-2237 by noon Thursday. Total cost of trip is $80/person ($30 for the ticket, $50 for transportation). Food will be provided on the way down to the game.

Sioux Crew will be covering $30/Sioux Crew member who is interested in taking the bus to St. Cloud making the total cost for all Sioux Crew members $50.

See you on the bus!

I haven't used B2 before. Looking at their website, they show "season passes" but I don't think I love JBSU hockey that much :silly: . . . can you by a "single games".

Yes, you just have to wait until 15 minutes or so before game time for the link to become available. I think it's 6.99/game

no game notes from fs.com yet so ill keep checking. they are usually posted tuesday night - glad to hear kozek is ready to go. he, malone and toews have been very good together. toews has nice flow going. great to see

per brad

Amid the chaos of last weekend's series, things were pretty much the norm today in Ralph Engelstad Arena.

For those wondering whether this has become a distraction for the UND team, I think it's safe to say that it has not. In chatting with a couple of the players about Gwozgate, I found out that they didn't even know that Denver's coach had been suspended.

The players and coaches were far more concerned with the St. Cloud State series coming up this weekend. One piece of good info for the Sioux is that winger Andrew Kozek appears to be healthy and good to go for the weekend.

Kozek entered last weekend's series a little banged up. He played Friday but sat out Saturday. Dave Hakstol praised Kozek's play on Friday, especially the big hits and the assist to David Toews.

With the way that line has played, I would expect to see Kozek stick with Toews and Brad Malone.

A big development earlier in the day is that Robert Morris and Niagara got approval from Atlantic Hockey. They will be going in for the 2010-11 season. This leaves Bemidji State and Alabama-Huntsville seeking a home. Needless to say, this spring's application process may determine the future of hockey at BSU.

Does anyone know if the alumni association in St. Cloud is hosting a pre-game party somewhere on Saturday? I haven't heard anything, but maybe someone on SS would know. Thanks.....GO SIOUX!

Pre-game social at Holiday Inn, corner of Division St and Hwy 15, 4PM to 6PM. on Saturday. I went last year, free food and some good conversation with Huskie fans.