SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

309undhockey1.jpg

The Sioux head into St. Cloud taking 3 valuable points from WCHA leader Denver. The Sioux won 8-3 Friday in a waxing and then a very hard fought 2-2 tie where Brad Eidsness made sure the Sioux would hold onto that all important 1 point. St Cloud is coming off a nice 3 point weekend in Colorado Springs getting a 4-4 tie Friday and winning easily 6-1 Saturday night. The Sioux are 10-2-2 in their last 14 games, 5-0-1 in their last 6 games and and 6-0-2 in their last 8 WCHA games. Two of those wins came over St. Cloud when the Sioux swept the Huskies in Grand Forks December 12,13.

WCHA STANDINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 15-10-3

WCHA: 10-5-3, 23 points

Home: 9-3-1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

309undhockey1.jpg

The Sioux head into St. Cloud taking 3 valuable points from WCHA leader Denver. The Sioux won 8-3 Friday in a waxing and then a very hard fought 2-2 tie where Brad Eidsness made sure the Sioux would hold onto that all important 1 point. St Cloud is coming off a nice 3 point weekend in Colorado Springs getting a 4-4 tie Friday and winning easily 6-1 Saturday night. The Sioux are 10-2-2 in their last 14 games, 5-0-1 in their last 6 games and and 6-0-2 in their last 8 WCHA games. Two of those wins came over St. Cloud when the Sioux swept the Huskies in Grand Forks December 12,13.

WCHA STANDINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 15-10-3

WCHA: 10-5-3, 23 points

Home: 9-3-1

This is the weekend I look forward to all year due to living in St. Cloud. The Clowns are really up and down this season. Had a scoring fest with the Gophers a week ago Saturday and then got 3 points from CC. I believe we are deeper than they are on all 4 lines and I foresee a sweep here for the Sioux. They have a few guys that are dinged up .They had 3 guys not make the trip to CC due to injuries,(Michael Olson, Craig Gaudet ,Jared Festler). The Sioux fans travel well and I know we'll have a lot of people at this year's contest. Not sure if the annual protesters will show up to greet us. They missed all 4 games that the Sioux women played here earlier this year!

Just looking at the standings and 1 slip up by any team, not just the sioux can put a wrench in their mcnoughton chances. its so close up top and minny is the only contender with 2 less games played as of now. wow this is close. cc is on a big time downward spiral after starting out red hot. the sioux are climbing up being 6-0-2 in their last 8 wcha games grabbing 14 out of a possible 16 points.

ST. CLOWN is garbage, Sioux better sweep if they are going anywhere the rest of the season. Although I wouldn't mind them losing a few and the Gophers moving back into first after our sweep of Mankato.

they arent that good but you never know as they can score goals proven vs minny and cc, im sure your boy kangas and the minny D can attest to that

sioux sweep

they arent that good but you never know as they can score goals proven vs minny and cc, im sure your boy kangas and the minny D can attest to that

sioux sweep

Everyone can destroy our D and my boy Kangas at this point. But Weslosky is a huge sieve, and the way the Sioux have been scoring as late I see no problem for them lighting him up like the 4th of July.

Friday:

Sioux 4 Clowns 4

Saturday:

Sioux 6 Clowns 2

Everyone can destroy our D and my boy Kangas at this point. But Weslosky is a huge sieve, and the way the Sioux have been scoring as late I see no problem for them lighting him up like the 4th of July.

Friday:

Sioux 4 Clowns 4

Saturday:

Sioux 6 Clowns 2

i see the sioux scoring a bunch as well this weekend and giving up 2-3 a game as usual.

sioux sweep

need msu to somehow split with minny and uaa to at least get a tie vs the jelly doghnuts

:glare:

ill give a prediction of 8-2 in the sioux last 10 to win the mcnoughton for the first time in haks time as head coach :love:

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/whatif/

i have und and minny either tied or und up 1 with the what if doing a few different scenerious. fun to mess around with, if und ties with du or umtc they share the title but und has tiebreaker for seeding for final 5 seedings

WCHA Final

Team GP Pts

UND 28 40

UMN 28 39

Denver 28 38

UW 28 36

CC 28 30

SCSU 28 27

UMD 28 26

Mankato 28 19

AA 28 16

MTech 28 9

sioux remaining schedule

Jan. 30 -- at St. Cloud St. 7:07

Jan. 31 -- at St. Cloud St. 7:07

Feb. 13 -- MSU-MANKATO 7:37

Feb. 14 -- MSU-MANKATO 7:07

Feb. 20 -- at Anchorage 10:07

Feb. 21 -- at Anchorage 10:07

Feb. 28 -- COLO. COLL. 3:37

Mar. 1 -- COLO. COLL. 3:37

Mar. 6 -- at Wisconsin 7:07

Mar. 7 -- at Wisconsin 8:07

Mar. 13-15 -- WCHA first round

Mar. 19-21 -- WCHA Final Five

Mar. 27-29 -- NCAA regionals

Apr. 9-11 -- NCAA Frozen Four

I did the "What If" calculator prior to this weekend and I have us winning the title with 41 points. Of the top 5 teams as of today, I think UND, Denver and Minny have the best schedules remaining and Wisconsin and CC have the toughest IMO. I'll post this on the tickets section but I think I may have 3 extra tickets for Friday's game here in St. Cloud.

WCHA Final

Team GP Pts

UND 28 40

UMN 28 39

Denver 28 38

UW 28 36

CC 28 30

SCSU 28 27

UMD 28 26

Mankato 28 19

AA 28 16

MTech 28 9

Here is mine

WCHA Final

Team GP Pts

UND 28 39

UMN 28 37

Denver 28 35

UW 28 30

CC 28 28

UMD 28 28

SCSU 28 25

Mankato 28 23

AA 28 22

MTech 28 13

Mine:

UMN 28 41

UND 28 37

Denver 28 37

UW 28 33

CC 28 31

UMD 28 29

SCSU 28 27

Mankato 28 21

AA 28 16

MTech 28 8

i think whoever gets to 40 between und, um,cc and du and uw will win the title. as of now ill say und, um and du will compete for that title

i think whoever gets to 40 between und, um,cc and du and uw will win the title. as of now ill say und, um and du will compete for that title

I agree. I don't think CC or UW are looking too promising. I've cooled on DU a bit too. If you had to tell me to pick 2 teams to compete for the title, I'd say UMN and UND. And of course I picked the Gophers :glare:

I agree. I don't think CC or UW are looking too promising. I've cooled on DU a bit too. If you had to tell me to pick 2 teams to compete for the title, I'd say UMN and UND. And of course I picked the Gophers :glare:

DU is better than UMN from what I've seen in the recent month. UMN doesn't have the defense that DU does. BU is the team to beat right now IMO, and it's hard to argue with Notre Dame's streak right now, but I'm not sold quite yet...I have to see more.

DU is better than UMN from what I've seen in the recent month. UMN doesn't have the defense that DU does. BU is the team to beat right now IMO, and it's hard to argue with Notre Dame's streak right now, but I'm not sold quite yet...I have to see more.

i agree on DU over um right now by an edge as friday was a bad night for them vs the sioux and thr sioux did that 2 nights in a row to minny.um has given up 19 goals in their last 4 games in wcha play. the sioux has the best d overall right now and goalie week to week wise.

You have to wonder if Notred Dame has peaked too fast?

or they are just pretty darn good overall. coming off a national title game runner up they are having a great season. cant wait to see how this all plays out in the end after the conferencde tourneys. been a interesting year

or they are just pretty darn good overall. coming off a national title game runner up they are having a great season. cant wait to see how this all plays out in the end after the conferencde tourneys. been a interesting year

I wouldn't be surprised if michigan swept them this weekend like michigan did to miami last year after miami had a great streak going. in this 20 game unbeaten streak who have they beaten? the only good teams they've played in that stretch our bc once and duluth once.