SiouxSports.com Forum

Kaukster

octupus25

I was happy to see the return of #43 Mark Kauk at the Sioux game. I noticed he had been MIA lately and thought something happened. I haven't even been seeing his little hamburgler looking buddy Gretzky. He's an institution at this place and not having him there is a little odd. Does anyone know where's he been?

I was happy to see the return of #43 Mark Kauk at the Sioux game. I noticed he had been MIA lately and thought something happened. I haven't even been seeing his little hamburgler looking buddy Gretzky. He's an institution at this place and not having him there is a little odd. Does anyone know where's he been?

Gretzky was there Saturday night.

I love that commerical. I wish I could find that on You tube.

Yeah, he needs to drop some lbs or we won't have ol' #43 roaming the football sidelines anymore. The team of Grimace and Hamburgler will be broke up.

Dude's got a boiler the size of a large exercise ball!

Ive seen him before i just dont know why he is so important around here.

I wish I was able to find an article that was in the GF Herald a while back about Mark. He has been hanging around the GF sports world since he was a young boy. He can tell you everything there is to know about the Central and RR rivalries. Scores, players, coaches and probably the plays they ran in a football game in the 70's. I think that goes for Sioux sports as well.

I wish I was able to find an article that was in the GF Herald a while back about Mark. He has been hanging around the GF sports world since he was a young boy. He can tell you everything there is to know about the Central and RR rivalries. Scores, players, coaches and probably the plays they ran in a football game in the 70's. I think that goes for Sioux sports as well.

I have heard he is a walking encyclopedia of info on all sports. Sioux and high school.

He Seems like a really nice guy to but he need to cut back on the food intake

And he'd tell you that you need to work on your grammar. ;)

My roommate refs high school football and basketball in the area. Two weeks after a game he reffed in which Kauk attended, he ran into Kauk. Well, more like Kauk ran into him. The Kaukster made sure my roommate knew he missed a call in the game two weeks before-hand. :lol:

I still have the article if anyone wants it...

Rich T

Does anyone have that Subway video or a link to it?

We'll need K-Dawg and his little buddy to raise the roof tonight at the REA.

You can typically find/see them in between periods on the concourse between Sec. 110 and the student sections.

Does anyone have that Subway video or a link to it?

We'll need K-Dawg and his little buddy to raise the roof tonight at the REA.

I think "little buddy" is the perfect phrase as these days they really resemble the Skipper and Gilligan. Long live K-Dog and Gretzky, probably the most loyal Sioux fans there are.

Had the pleasure of talking with Mark "K-DawG" Kauk last evening at the Sioux-DU game. I've come to know Mark fairly well over the years and not met many others who can match his knowledge of the local sports scene. K-Dawg is versed on youth sports and beyond. He attends/supports all he can. Mark is our walking local sports ESPN channel. We are blessed to have him as a mainstay of our community.

Mark shared his friend Gretzky has been working alot. Bring back the Subway commercial!

P.S. The article in the GF Herald is in the archives titles "One of the Boys" and published Nov 15, 1998. Maybe someone has the article for posting otherwise a $2.95 charge exists to access it from the GF Herald site.

• 3 weeks later...