SiouxSports.com Forum

Fresh Gopher Taunts

YaneA

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ripping on a program is one thing, ripping on an individual when they are down is another. The guy has problems, and he can take the blame for his share, but to publicly go after a guy like that, IMO, reflects poorly on the Sioux fanbase. Just my opinion.

Ripping on a program is one thing, ripping on an individual when they are down is another. The guy has problems, and he can take the blame for his share, but to publicly go after a guy like that, IMO, reflects poorly on the Sioux fanbase. Just my opinion.

Amen!

If you use a Sioux home jersey, it would be good to find an authentic one with black lettering. UND has never used a jersey that looks like the one in the picture...

ill take a guess and say most fans wouldnt know that or even care but i get your drift :D

great sign idea!!

okay...

Since when did everyone become tip-toeing gopher-huggers? Good grief, I don't think every statement made in this thread is going to be a sign held up at the ralph to be shown on cable.

I don't like the Goofs. :D

okay...

Since when did everyone become tip-toeing gopher-huggers? Good grief, I don't think every statement made in this thread is going to be a sign held up at the ralph to be shown on cable.

it is not becoming a tip-toeing gopher-hugger....whether we are playing the Huskies, the Seawolves, the Badgers, the Pios, the Tigers, the Gophers, the Eagles, the whatever....it reflects poorly on the person with the sign, our entire fan base, and our team to show that much lack of class. Annoucers/Radio Guys/Coaches/Players and their personal lifes are not something that should even be considered to be put on a sign.

Dubay, Tyler Hirsch, and Nate Hagemo are people who made mistakes and DO NOT deserve to be brought up time and time again. No one does, and if you would rather think of it this way....what if it was BE or Duncs or Kozie or Joe or Zach Jones, or whoever on our team that opposing teams were doing this to? Or how would you feel if you were that person's family or friends or that person.

All I am asking is that whether you are making a joke or actually thinking about doing something, show a little class please.

how bout "Gopher Pride" with mugshots of Tyler Hirsh and/or Nate Haggemo

perhaps not

I've always been partial to Patrick Ruesse's label of the gophs being the "New York Yankees of NCAA Hockey" as they have all the advantages and because of that - they are the team that everybody outside of metropolitan minny loves to hate.

it is not becoming a tip-toeing gopher-hugger....whether we are playing the Huskies, the Seawolves, the Badgers, the Pios, the Tigers, the Gophers, the Eagles, the whatever....it reflects poorly on the person with the sign, our entire fan base, and our team to show that much lack of class. Annoucers/Radio Guys/Coaches/Players and their personal lifes are not something that should even be considered to be put on a sign.

Dubay, Tyler Hirsch, and Nate Hagemo are people who made mistakes and DO NOT deserve to be brought up time and time again. No one does, and if you would rather think of it this way....what if it was BE or Duncs or Kozie or Joe or Zach Jones, or whoever on our team that opposing teams were doing this to? Or how would you feel if you were that person's family or friends or that person.

All I am asking is that whether you are making a joke or actually thinking about doing something, show a little class please.

How about a sign that says:

Dagies and Siouxforeverbaby want to know where Dubay is? :D:D

Just kidding and having some fun. Just because people come up with stuff like that does not mean they are really going to make a sign bashing those guys. I think most people on here have pretty good judgement and would not sink down to the dubay level just to get on TV. we are just having fun.

okay...

Exactly. We used to have a much better sense of humor--and proportion. Back when I was making signs for the student section, only two were censored by security. Inexplicably, I might add. They were:

"Welcome to the Ralph:

Home of Banners,

Not Manners"

and

"Fix the Huskies" which was illustrated with a picture of a Husky on which I attached crossed BandAids, suggesting the dog had recently been "fixed."

"Crappy & Crappie" came in and so did a penalty box sign, "I Got 2:00 for Hooking (Mom Got 5 Years)"

Exactly. We used to have a much better sense of humor--and proportion. Back when I was making signs for the student section, only two were censored by security. Inexplicably, I might add. They were:

"Welcome to the Ralph:

Home of Banners,

Not Manners"

and

"Fix the Huskies" which was illustrated with a picture of a Husky on which I attached crossed BandAids, suggesting the dog had recently been "fixed."

"Crappy & Crappie" came in and so did a penalty box sign, "I Got 2:00 for Hooking (Mom Got 5 Years)"

awesome

Yeah, we have that one covered. We take it to a little more personal level, however. My friends and I have sat directly next to the opponent's penalty box for the past three years, and the security guard that's always in the box is cool with us unabashedly taunting the opposing players that are in there.

My buddy's brother has been pretty clutch this year. He has had the names of the parents, sisters, and the major of every player for every game thus far. We have gotten some pretty interesting looks from some players that didn't know what sort of fans there are at the REA.

Was that you in the white jersey? FSN showed you guys hassling Stoa, and Frank made a comment, with about 2 min left....pretty funny!

how bout "Gopher Pride" with mugshots of Tyler Hirsh and/or Nate Haggemo

Back when Hirsch's unprovoked post-game attack on the net was the stuff of short-term memory rather than legend, we contemplated this sign,

"90% of Hockey is Half-Mental"--Tyler Hirsch

But, we did not make it as I recall.