SIOUX vs BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody got the gopher score?

2-2 heading to ot

not sure if they will have to do a shootout if need be because its a tourney. if it does it will fo down as a tie in the record book.did they clean the ice for a full ot?

2-2 heading to ot

not sure if they will have to do a shootout if need be because its a tourney. if it does it will fo down as a tie in the record book.did they clean the ice for a full ot?

I heard they're doing it Beanpot style ie OT til someone wins.

If that's the case Gophers will win, 'cause NU doesn't win the Beanpot.

wierd, you would think they would just wana get it over with doing a 5 min plus shootout

5 minute OT's are pointless...at any level. OT's should be at least 10 minutes.

agree 100%. they should be 20 then just quit as someone usaully scores in 20. usually shootouts are always used in tourneys so thats why i thought that

sioux/gopher thread is up :D

oh yeah - and when we score 3 or more we win :D

5 minute OT wouldn't have been worthless. I called it too, the second they brought the zambonis out for the full OT I said "I don't know who is going to win, but its going to be in the first 5 minutes". Got a great photo on the cell phone, team came and celebrated right in front of us. Aaron Ness first career goal and tourney MVP. Northeastern was a very good team, I was impressed.

5 minute OT wouldn't have been worthless. I called it too, the second they brought the zambonis out for the full OT I said "I don't know who is going to win, but its going to be in the first 5 minutes". Got a great photo on the cell phone, team came and celebrated right in front of us. Aaron Ness first career goal and tourney MVP. Northeastern was a very good team, I was impressed.

about time he scored a goal :D

the hsukies are very tough this season. 5 mnutes is worthless in college hockey. too many ties overall happen after battling for 60 minutes they shoudl get 10-20 minutes to finish a game sudden death style then end in a tie if so

about time he scored a goal :D

the hsukies are very tough this season. 5 mnutes is worthless in college hockey. too many ties overall happen after battling for 60 minutes they shoudl get 10-20 minutes to finish a game sudden death style then end in a tie if so

Agreed on every single one of those points. It wasn't the greatest goal either, pretty ugly but he had a great weekend overall.

The Huskies were very very good, I was quite impressed, they didn't make a whole lot of mistakes by any means and their goalie is real solid.

10-20 minutes would be great, 10 is probably more realistic...then they might not have to resurface the ice?

Because Lucia doesn't like the shootout. I can't wait till they have them in the league to settle ties and tDon's teams

loses a few of them.

I've been reading on a few different sites, this one included as to how people are disappointed with the sweep because we didn't win each game 10-0. now I've been as critical of this team as much as anyone but having watched both games in person I can tell you the sioux came a way with a couple of very hard earned wins and especially on saturday night we could have had 3-5 more goals if a few bounces would have gone our way-but the bottom line is we won without getting those bounces. it is much nicer to win without getting bounces than losing without having any puck luck. BSU is a good team, not great but good and they will give several major conference teams fits down the road this year. I'm going to take a page from Goon's book and rip on AirForce for a second in that BSU does it the right way and they have scheduled several WCHA teams this year and have gone 4-5 against them so far as opposed to Air Force who had one quality weekend on their schedule the entire which was against DU and CC. they will be a better tea for it down the road and should they make the ncaa toutnament I would not want to be a number one seed having to play the beavers.

We used to have a full 20 minute period. My understanding was that they changed because of the TV contract$.

I'd like it to go to ten and then have a shootout.

We used to have a full 20 minute period. My understanding was that they changed because of the TV contract$.

I'd like it to go to ten and then have a shootout.

The 10 idea seems like a great happy medium. Although our OT was 20 minutes, it would have gone down as a tie after 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would throw this out there since I said the Sioux always seem to get healthy after playing the Beavers. Did a little digging into just seeing how it has played out.

1999-2000: BSU at UND, UND wins 9-2 and 6-3. UND was 22-7-5 before the series, went 7-1 after and won the NCAAs.

2000-2001: UND at BSU, UND wins 5-1 and 6-3. UND was 22-5-9 before the series, 5-3 after and lost in the NCAA Championship.

2002-2003: BSU at UND in the Championship of the Subway Classic. UND wins 4-3. UND was 17-1-1 before, only go 8-11-4 after.

2004-2005: BSU at UND, tie 3-3 and UND wins 3-1. UND was 14-10-2 before, goes 10-5-2 after and loses in the NCAA Championship.

2005-2006: BSU and UND home and home, UND wins 2-1 and 5-1. 10-7-1 before, 17-9 after and makes the Frozen Four.

2006-2007: BSU and UND home and home, UND wins 3-2 and 6-3. UND was 11-11-2 before, goes 11-3-3 after and makes the Frozen Four.

2007-2008: BSU at UND, UND wins 5-1 and 1-0. 19-8-2 before, 7-3-2 after and makes the Frozen Four.

2008-2009: BSU and UND home and home, UND wins 4-3 and 4-3 (OT). UND was 9-10-1 before, so far they are 2-0 after.

Take it for what it is worth.

Thought I would throw this out there since I said the Sioux always seem to get healthy after playing the Beavers. Did a little digging into just seeing how it has played out.

1999-2000: BSU at UND, UND wins 9-2 and 6-3. UND was 22-7-5 before the series, went 7-1 after and won the NCAAs.

2000-2001: UND at BSU, UND wins 5-1 and 6-3. UND was 22-5-9 before the series, 5-3 after and lost in the NCAA Championship.

2002-2003: BSU at UND in the Championship of the Subway Classic. UND wins 4-3. UND was 17-1-1 before, only go 8-11-4 after.

2004-2005: BSU at UND, tie 3-3 and UND wins 3-1. UND was 14-10-2 before, goes 10-5-2 after and loses in the NCAA Championship.

2005-2006: BSU and UND home and home, UND wins 2-1 and 5-1. 10-7-1 before, 17-9 after and makes the Frozen Four.

2006-2007: BSU and UND home and home, UND wins 3-2 and 6-3. UND was 11-11-2 before, goes 11-3-3 after and makes the Frozen Four.

2007-2008: BSU at UND, UND wins 5-1 and 1-0. 19-8-2 before, 7-3-2 after and makes the Frozen Four.

2008-2009: BSU and UND home and home, UND wins 4-3 and 4-3 (OT). UND was 9-10-1 before, so far they are 2-0 after.

Take it for what it is worth.

Time will soon tell my friend.

keith's pizza is better in my opinion... also have to love the green mill where you can dock your boat and walk right onto the patio. has anyone heard about a time table for the new rink? is it a for sure thing now, or is it still up in the air

That's his brother, guess they got in a fight. I had a problem docking my boat since there was a big sheet of ice on the lake. :lol:

keith's pizza is better in my opinion... also have to love the green mill where you can dock your boat and walk right onto the patio. has anyone heard about a time table for the new rink? is it a for sure thing now, or is it still up in the air

Keith and Daves were brother and like you said split, I don't notice much of a difference in their pizzas.

If you have a ice breaker you can still park your boat at the Green mill. :lol: You would probably need

a pretty thick Hull right now though. :D

I vote Dave's 1 and Keith's 1A. I like Dave's slightly more, but the owner of Keith's is quite involved in Bemidji youth hockey.

The Green Mill is a nice place to visit May - September for taking the boat or pontoon too. That's really the only place in Bemidji (Lake Bemidji) to do so. What a waste.

With the event center, they're hopefully be some further development along the south shore. There's also talk of revitalizing the downtown area and building some docks by Paul and Babe.

Regarding progress of the BREC . . . well . . . that's been the $64,000 question for the past couple of years. After numerous miles of red tape and heated debates and elections, everything seems to be in place. The city is waiting for a signed lease from BSU, who's waiting for the MN colleges legal department to approve. I think BSU's also a little tentative to sign until they get acceptance from the WCHA (this July or so). All-in-all, I think it's moving forward and they should be bonding in a week or so. I hope BSU knows more than the rest of us regarding acceptance into the WCHA. This will be all for not if they don't get accepted. How could a hockey team play without a conference and just a "scheduling agreement" with the WCHA. Next year is the final year of the CHA.

I could be slightly mistaken on a few of the details above, but I think I'm pretty-much on par.

The Green Mill is a nice place to visit May - September for taking the boat or pontoon too. That's really the only place in Bemidji (Lake Bemidji) to do so. What a waste.

I think the Green Mill in Bemidji is one of the nicest that I have ever seen. The view is unbelievable.