SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Iowa State tournament

gfhockey

They got a nice win today. 72-58 i believe. Minimal turnovers... So much for lamars coach thinking UND was an easy W huh.

That is a very nice win for the Ladies, now in all probability they will get to play ISU tomorrow....

Kierah Kimbrough turned down Bill Fennely Coach at ISU, and he was not very happy about that, she wanted to play for UND and be closer to Family......She had 25/9 tonite....Tomorrow will be interesting

what a huge victory if we beat them tomorrow. maybe create a little more interest in the program.

Sounds like the Sioux really dominated in the second half. Bagaason really had a big game: good to see her really come along after her injury year.

Lamar is actually rated higher than Wyoming, Toledo, Montana State, and Northwestern, so the Sioux seem to be taking some major steps up in play. Iowa State will likely be toughest challenge of the season.

Since the Iowa State coach is completely familiar with Kimbrough and he saw her play today you can imagine they will be all over her on defense. It would give him great delight to shut her down. If some of the other gals don't step up big time it is going to be a real long night. It might be a long night no matter what. Go Sioux.

Since the Iowa State coach is completely familiar with Kimbrough and he saw her play today you can imagine they will be all over her on defense. It would give him great delight to shut her down. If some of the other gals don't step up big time it is going to be a real long night. It might be a long night no matter what. Go Sioux.

Good luck to the ladies. This will be the best team they've played so far.

Coach Roebuck is very unpredictable. Think of how many times the starting line-up has changed. Privratsky playing time has been limited last night and against Northwestern. LaFrance had a good run at NAU, Ark., and Toledo, which were good teams (not Jamestown/Mayville teams) but now she hasn't been getting as many minutes. Both Seay and Lof barely saw the court last night either. It doesn't make sense.

In my opinion, I think Roebuck needs to be more consistant, because it is hard for players to get in a flow if they don't know if they're going to play 20 min one game and 5 min the next. I also think he needs to give players a break. If they screw up, they get taken out of the game which leads to playing scared. Just give them a chance. A perfect example is Bagaason. She was getting subbed out for mistakes but has been given a chance and stepped up at Northwestern and last night again Lamar. We need her to do the same tonight!

Good luck ladies! Go Sioux!

Coach Roebuck is very unpredictable. Think of how many times the starting line-up has changed. Privratsky playing time has been limited last night and against Northwestern. LaFrance had a good run at NAU, Ark., and Toledo, which were good teams (not Jamestown/Mayville teams) but now she hasn't been getting as many minutes. Both Seay and Lof barely saw the court last night either. It doesn't make sense.

In my opinion, I think Roebuck needs to be more consistant, because it is hard for players to get in a flow if they don't know if they're going to play 20 min one game and 5 min the next. I also think he needs to give players a break. If they screw up, they get taken out of the game which leads to playing scared. Just give them a chance. A perfect example is Bagaason. She was getting subbed out for mistakes but has been given a chance and stepped up at Northwestern and last night again Lamar. We need her to do the same tonight!

Good luck ladies! Go Sioux!

If you think for one minute that these ladies don't know why they aren't getting as minutes as they have at other times, then you don't know Coach Roebuck very well. He is a straight shooter with his players and if their minutes have changed, he's told them why. Maybe that's why Baageson is playing more, she's stopped screwing up. He told her what to do better and she's doing it. Ergo, more minutes.

ISU will have a WEBCAST of this game. They don't sell individual games but a one month membership is only $8.95. Just remember to cancel your monthly membership before they charge you for the next month.

The same site that lists Iowa State versus North Dakota State on December 30! Hopefully by the end of tonight they will know the difference.

ISU will have a WEBCAST of this game. They don't sell individual games but a one month membership is only $8.95. Just remember to cancel your monthly membership before they charge you for the next month.

I have a link in my media player on fightingsioux.com for video for the Iowa St game. They use the same service, maybe they are sharing like Arkansas did.

this is hard to watch....... :sad:

Fennely really made it personal, with Kimbrough.....she has yet to score

The guy is a heck of a coach and most will tell you, he is "cold-hearted". I don't know of the history between Kimbrough and him but if he wanted to prove a point, he would do all he could to prove it. We are finding out, again, how hard it is to play at the next level. You know, we would have been a top 10 team again in DII. The jump to mediocre at the DI level isn't going to come soon.

The guy is a heck of a coach and most will tell you, he is "cold-hearted". I don't know of the history between Kimbrough and him but if he wanted to prove a point, he would do all he could to prove it. We are finding out, again, how hard it is to play at the next level. You know, we would have been a top 10 team again in DII. The jump to mediocre at the DI level isn't going to come soon.

Had beers will Bill and Mac last time down in Ames, he was not very happy, thought KK strung him along a little bit, but yes, I see alot of similarities between him and Buck......

I expected this, I just thought the rest of the team could at least make a bucket...? 27% so far over all...14% from 3.... ???

KK just fouled out with 13 / 6

P.S. You mean to tell me there is a difference between D1 and D2.....? :sad: