SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Iowa State tournament

gfhockey

Had beers will Bill and Mac last time down in Ames, he was not very happy, thought KK strung him along a little bit, but yes, I see alot of similarities between him and Buck......

I expected this, I just thought the rest of the team could at least make a bucket...? 27% so far over all...14% from 3.... ???

KK just fouled out with 13 / 6

P.S. You mean to tell me there is a difference between D1 and D2.....? :sad:

You didn't get the memo?

I know many would like to think (and perhaps correctly) that we are simply seeing the difference between a good dII team and a good dI team, and the difference is substantial. But I can't get past the fact that SDSU did not suffer similar growing pains, and is obviously thriving right now. Roebuck was 9-3 vs. Johnston-coached SDSU teams, and SDSU has not really expanded their recruiting base. So how do we explain the now huge difference between us and SDSU? Would Roebuck would be enjoying similar success to Johnston even if the two programs had comparable talent? I'm not looking to be overly critical--just looking for theories, because SDSU's success seems to dispel the notion that a good dII program in the Dakota's can't successfully make the transition fairly quickly.

I know many would like to think (and perhaps correctly) that we are simply seeing the difference between a good dII team and a good dI team, and the difference is substantial. But I can't get past the fact that SDSU did not suffer similar growing pains, and is obviously thriving right now. Roebuck was 9-3 vs. Johnston-coached SDSU teams, and SDSU has not really expanded their recruiting base. So how do we explain the now huge difference between us and SDSU? Would Roebuck would be enjoying similar success to Johnston even if the two programs had comparable talent? I'm not looking to be overly critical--just looking for theories, because SDSU's success seems to dispel the notition that a good dII program in the Dakota's can't successfully make the transition fairly quickly.

No one is saying the transition can't be made. Just noting that there is a transition to be made. Johnston's recruiting area hasn't changed but he kids he's bringing in have. He's getting kids that went to Creighton, Drake, and other small DI schools. If memory serves, their last year in DII, they won a national title so this was coming for a while.

No one is saying the transition can't be made. Just noting that there is a transition to be made. Johnston's recruiting area hasn't changed but he kids he's bringing in have. He's getting kids that went to Creighton, Drake, and other small DI schools. If memory serves, their last year in DII, they won a national title so this was coming for a while.

Actually, they lost in the quarterfinals in their last year in dII. That was the year they beat us by 2 in OT in the regional final in St. Paul.

I know many would like to think (and perhaps correctly) that we are simply seeing the difference between a good dII team and a good dI team, and the difference is substantial. But I can't get past the fact that SDSU did not suffer similar growing pains, and is obviously thriving right now. Roebuck was 9-3 vs. Johnston-coached SDSU teams, and SDSU has not really expanded their recruiting base. So how do we explain the now huge difference between us and SDSU? Would Roebuck would be enjoying similar success to Johnston even if the two programs had comparable talent? I'm not looking to be overly critical--just looking for theories, because SDSU's success seems to dispel the notion that a good dII program in the Dakota's can't successfully make the transition fairly quickly.

I have to admit, that I have not followed SDSU very closely, do they have some signature wins in D1...? I know thay made the NIT, I think last year, but who have they been playing.....?

Before Tim Miles moved on to CSU, the Bison had a 20 win season in transition, but in Tim's last two years he got big wins at Wisconsin and Marquette, that is what got him to CSU........because his 20 win season was rather hollow with something like 16 or those wins against sub.500 programs....

..........We are finding out, again, how hard it is to play at the next level. You know, we would have been a top 10 team again in DII. The jump to mediocre at the DI level isn't going to come soon.

Well, it is my opinion that this year's Sioux team is not as good as the 2005-06, 2006-07, or 2007-08 versions. But I'm pretty darned pleased with how the Women's team has performed thus far, considering the demanding schedule that they've played. They've beaten the teams they're supposed to (DII/NAIA), nabbed some nice wins against some established DI competition including last night's victory against a solid Lamar team, and came very close to knocking off a Big 10 opponent a week ago.

Despite not being able to participate in the post-season for a few years, and quite frankly, not having the team capable of doing so this year if they were eligible, I do not long for the days of making it to the NCAA North Central Regional and putting 30 point drubbings on other "elite" DII programs such as MSU-Moorhead and Nebraska Kearney.

I have to admit, that I have not followed SDSU very closely, do they have some signature wins in D1...? I know thay made the NIT, I think last year, but who have they been playing.....?

Before Tim Miles moved on to CSU, the Bison had a 20 win season in transition, but in Tim's last two years he got big wins at Wisconsin and Marquette, that is what got him to CSU........because his 20 win season was rather hollow with something like 16 or those wins against sub.500 programs....

SDSU is currently ranked in the top 25 nationally and has beaten Minnesota, Wisconsin, and at least 1 Big 12 team so far this year. They lost early to Maryland by less than 10. Very solid right now.

They currently have 1 loss this season and are ranked #21 in the nation.

Can't think of their signature wins off hand, but there have been many since they moved up.

The 2008 SDSU women are not the 2002 version you might be familiar with. You need to watch them play before you comment and compare your team to them. They have gotten significantly better from an athletic and physical standpoint the past 5 years. They remind me of physical Big 10 teams, but also have good team speed. They really out-quicked and out boarded MN, and they shoot it well from 3.

I think they have a good shot at running the table in the Summit which would put them at 1 loss at tournament time, and an easy auto-bid to the field of 64. They've come a long way.

The 2008 SDSU women are not the 2002 version you might be familiar with. You need to watch them play before you comment and compare your team to them. They have gotten significantly better from an athletic and physical standpoint the past 5 years. They remind me of physical Big 10 teams, but also have good team speed. They really out-quicked and out boarded MN, and they shoot it well from 3.

I think they have a good shot at running the table in the Summit which would put them at 1 loss at tournament time, and an easy auto-bid to the field of 64. They've come a long way.

Who here compared our team to SDSU? We were making a statement about well they've made the transition and were curious as why they have transitioned so well. Why do you people come around and troll for crap? My New Years' Resolution, "Not let these jerks from NDSU get to me on this board. I will ignore them completely in 2009."

800 people at your womens game the other night. 8 players dressed for games. She has 15 fulls and is using 10 of them. There are 3 topics for you to go to Bisonville and discuss. Now go.

Who here compared our team to SDSU? We were making a statement about well they've made the transition and were curious as why they have transitioned so well. Why do you people come around and troll for crap? My New Years' Resolution, "Not let these jerks from NDSU get to me on this board. I will ignore them completely in 2009."

800 people at your womens game the other night. 8 players dressed for games. She has 15 fulls and is using 10 of them. There are 3 topics for you to go to Bisonville and discuss. Now go.

Happy New Year to you also!