SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS USA UNDER 18

AZSIOUX

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw in Morin he was LAZY great skill don't get me wrong but wouldn't back check, a couple of times just left the play until USA was on the offense. Not that impressed with him as an overall player I would much rather have the kid with heart than a kid like that.

Vanek-ish? :D

please, i would take morin anyday to play for the sioux. it wont happen but hes a big time player with big time skills as shown vs the sioux. he will go major junior but if hak can pull a rabbit out of the hat with him he would look great in green and white. was nice to see fins lay him out though and add a cross check for good measure. simply great to see big joe back on the ice

Now only if we could see some WCHA games with that type of flow, skating and playmaking. :D Very entertaining game to watch. Great to see Trupp and Big Joe on the ice. Now off to the Joe. If Mich. St. gets 2 goals against us, I'll be disappointed. Offensively challenged is being kind. And beating the maize and blue is always fun, too!

I think Michigan will give us a run for our money.

MSU will be a win, but I do believe they'll score 2-3 goals on us. Why? Because, on average, that is how many goals we give up per game.

I think we'll score much more.

MSU is basically a goaltender (Lerg) and a young, but up and coming winger (Leveille). I suppose they have a good defenseman as well, but he might be injured in Jeff Petry. That's it. They are banged up at defense and lost one defenseman to juniors, so they have no depth and are very thin there to boot.

I watched MSU vs. UNO (ok, listened to it on the radio) as well as watched MSU play Miami on NHL Network or ESPN U (I can't remember). They're not very good at all. To me, it is and is not Comley. It isn't Comley's game tactics. It is Comley's recruiting. Most of these guys aren't DI talent at least at this time. They're slow, not very talented at all. If any of the players were to transfer to big time programs like BC, Michigan, UND, UMN, etc. they'd probably be 3-4th liners if they started games. Many would fill roles like Brent Davidson does for UND.

So, to sum up, this year, MSU is the best DII/DIII team in DI. Will they stay that way? No. Some of it is due to youth, but this year, it's not fun to be a Spartan fan. And yeah, even better in this regard than MTU (sorry MEg).

And again, this is my OPINION. It isn't to be misinterpreted as an expert's analysis.

I think Michigan will give us a run for our money.

MSU will be a win, but I do believe they'll score 2-3 goals on us. Why? Because, on average, that is how many goals we give up per game.

I think we'll score much more.

MSU is basically a goaltender (Lerg) and a young, but up and coming winger (Leveille). I suppose they have a good defenseman as well, but he might be injured in Jeff Petry. That's it. They are banged up at defense and lost one defenseman to juniors, so they have no depth and are very thin there to boot.

I watched MSU vs. UNO (ok, listened to it on the radio) as well as watched MSU play Miami on NHL Network or ESPN U (I can't remember). They're not very good at all. To me, it is and is not Comley. It isn't Comley's game tactics. It is Comley's recruiting. Most of these guys aren't DI talent at least at this time. They're slow, not very talented at all. If any of the players were to transfer to big time programs like BC, Michigan, UND, UMN, etc. they'd probably be 3-4th liners if they started games. Many would fill roles like Brent Davidson does for UND.

So, to sum up, this year, MSU is the best DII/DIII team in DI. Will they stay that way? No. Some of it is due to youth, but this year, it's not fun to be a Spartan fan. And yeah, even better in this regard than MTU (sorry MEg).

And again, this is my OPINION. It isn't to be misinterpreted as an expert's analysis.

nah, tech will knock off the wolverines :D probably not and i hope we woop the spartans and then teach butch cut red how to lose to the sioux again, hes good at at,