SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Illustrated

TheSiouxFan

For those who don't know, this is a printed publication that will be put out by REA/UND starting this Summer covering Sioux athletics. Subscriptions will cost $15/year for 6 issues.

The initial marketing plan was to send an initial free copy to everyone who gets the Alumni Newsletter (which I assume still holds). My understanding is that it's going to be a bit more "behind the scenes", human interest, etc... instead of just news, and that each issue will focus primarily on a different sport.

I wasn't aware of this before today, but the web site seems to indicate that the web content will be accessible only to paid print subscribers. I guess the reality of college sports today is that you have to take advantage of each revenue opportunity. Regardless, it's great to see more high quality information published on the Sioux.

I just got my first issue. It looks like it's gonna be a great magazine when all of the seasons start (esp. hockey! :) ). I'm really looking forward to future issues.

anyone else get them? I went home yestereday so if it came...my roomates prolly threw it away (jackasses). If not, I'll be interested to see when it comes. Hockey season is two months away. :):)

I don't know how the alumni office handles the Alumni News, but quite often when a relatively small office mails 90,000 large periodicals, they don't send them all in one day. Further, mail transit times can vary dramatically for periodical class materials. I wouldn't start worrying just yet.