SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

You seem like a decent guy. It really hurt me to have to report you to the administrator to be banned for saying the WORST possible word ever.

???:D???

Hahahahaha, isn't it acceptable in context? Like if I said "The Gophers are going to be swept by the Sioux", that would make you happy. Although I would never say such a thing :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

???

Hahahahaha, isn't it acceptable in context? Like if I said "The Gophers are going to be swept by the Sioux", that would make you happy. Although I would never say such a thing ???

of course its the context :D

ill hold hold you to your sioux sweep gophs prediction :)

If our D are the problem, why are we out shooting our opponents (33.5 to 28.5 ave.)?

Our GA/D is fine - we need our scorers to keep scoring - Harvard is a good start. Let's make it a trend this weekend.

Do numbers tell the whole story? Hardly. ??? When was the last time you saw a game when UND had more odd man rushes then their opponent. It is not shots on goal as much as it is quality scoring chances! We give up way too many quality scoring chances due to odd man rushes!

But agree that our scorers need to keep finding the back of the net.

Do numbers tell the whole story? Hardly. ??? When was the last time you saw a game when UND had more odd man rushes then their opponent. It is not shots on goal as much as it is quality scoring chances! We give up way too many quality scoring chances due to odd man rushes!

But agree that our scorers need to keep finding the back of the net.

numbers dont tell the whole story in many instances but i think we can all agree the D and BE were not the issue leading up to the last couple weekends. it was all about the scoring and when we get 3 goals we seem to win

the sioux have 7 wins, all 7 wins they scored 3 or more goals. they are 7-1 when scoring 3 or more goals with the lone loss at CC losing 7-4. heck if we would have gotten 3 goals in 3 other games we would have 2 more wins and 1 more tie giving up only 2 goals in 2 of those games and 3 in the other. i know those may have not ended that way but just making the point that we dont give up many goals as a whole and when we score 3 goals or more we have won and can continue to stack wins

numbers dont tell the whole story in many instances but i think we can all agree the D and BE were not the issue leading up to the last couple weekends. it was all about the scoring and when we get 3 goals we seem to win

the sioux have 7 wins, all 7 wins they scored 3 or more goals. they are 7-1 when scoring 3 or more goals with the lone loss at CC losing 7-4. heck if we would have gotten 3 goals in 3 other games we would have 2 more wins and 1 more tie giving up only 2 goals in 2 of those games and 3 in the other. i know those may have not ended that way but just making the point that we dont give up many goals as a whole and when we score 3 goals or more we have won and can continue to stack wins

Not disagreeing with the need to score more. But from what I've seen, it is much easier to score with a 2 on 1 give and go into a wide open net than trying to blast one from the point thru a scrum in front to the net. WE need to get a few odd man rushes to give ourselves some better scoring chances instead of continually giving them up.

I think I'll be keeping my prediction as it has been all year, GOPHERS SWEEP :D

You going to be at the game AZ?

??? not happening.............

yeah as of now i'll be back for that series. always nice to feel a few days of a real winter !!

I'd say the loud annoying one maybe? I'll let you all know where I'm sitting ???

I don't know. There are so many loud and annoying people you're going to have to do something special.

By the way, traditionally when the Sioux score at home vs the Gophers a Gopher is thrown out on the ice. Since we're all animal lovers now, we might just have to throw out a Gopher fan....

(Just kidding. I hope you have a great time and that everyone shows you the respect that you lousy Gopher fans deserve.)

Lousy? I didn't say that.

I don't know. There are so many loud and annoying people you're going to have to do something special.

By the way, traditionally when the Sioux score at home vs the Gophers a Gopher is thrown out on the ice. Since we're all animal lovers now, we might just have to throw out a Gopher fan....

(Just kidding. I hope you have a great time and that everyone shows you the respect that you lousy Gopher fans deserve.)

I usually sit in the upper bowl and would be happy to help toss a Gopher ??? Would it be similar to "Chuck a Puck ?"

Word is that if the Sioux come out and check, bang and knock SCSU around they will be negated because they are not very big and don't like to hit.

This comes from someone that watched the SCSU and BSU series. I would like the Sioux to rough them up a bit.

Well we'll have quite a few people, 8 per night I think. Sitting in the upper bowl somewhere, my tickets are at home so I'm not quite sure where until I'm back for winter break. My something special is going to have to be a bunch of college-aged Gopher fans all rolling together, often attempting to be A**hole chanted at and randomly yelling at people driving around Grand Forks/The Ralph.

Oh I know, I was there last year and know the people who did it or were in the area :D If you can chuck me from the upper bowl all the way down there, then be my guest. ???

I'm sure we'll have a great time, did last year and expect the same this year. Maybe I'll run into a few of you.

I usually sit in the upper bowl and would be happy to help toss a Gopher ??? Would it be similar to "Chuck a Puck ?"

Sure, if you put him on the Nodak Insurance or Altru Spot you win a new car from Rydells. I'd recommend you go there after business hours so you can pick out what you really want.

I was just looking at the standings and playing the what-if game. It should be noted that we will have an opportunity to pick up points later in the season as some WCHA teams have already played 14 games to our 10. Although we are in 9th place, it appears that Tech will save us from the bottom of the barrel as they only have 3 points. But...in this weekends games, if Tech sweeps UMD (its nearly Christmas) and DU sweeps MSU (could happen) and we sweep SCSU (expected) we could vault... all the way up to fifth place! If we sweep without the other teams help it looks like we could move to 7th place. If we split, regardless of what anyone else does we could move up one spot merely because Alaska isn't playing this weekend. At some point, anything less than a sweep puts the post season that much further away.

Word is that if the Sioux come out and check, bang and knock SCSU around they will be negated because they are not very big and don't like to hit.

This comes from someone that watched the SCSU and BSU series. I would like the Sioux to rough them up a bit.

Can't hit what you can't catch. I'm afraid we won't be able to match their speed 5 on 5 and BE gets hung out to dry by his defense way too much. We'll need to have an advantage in PP chances and convert them to have any chance to win. Let's hope their goalie sieves out but I were to make a wager, I'd bet that SCSU sweeps.

Can't hit what you can't catch. I'm afraid we won't be able to match their speed 5 on 5 and BE gets hung out to dry by his defense way too much. We'll need to have an advantage in PP chances and convert them to have any chance to win. Let's hope their goalie sieves out but I were to make a wager, I'd bet that SCSU sweeps.

its not like scsu is a high flying scoring machine at 3.69 goals per game. they are very top heavy with roe and linemates but we can get them deeper on the lines. no way scsu sweeps. a split is very possible but i also will say we wont need their goalie to sieve to score. i agree the PP will be key and converting at that... go sioux

sioux sweep

its not like scsu is a high flying scoring machine at 3.69 goals per game. they are very top heavy with roe and linemates but we can get them deeper on the lines. no way scsu sweeps. a split is very possible but i also will say we wont need their goalie to sieve to score. i agree the PP will be key and converting at that... go sioux

sioux sweep

with the strides this team has made lately, no way SCSU sweeps. We have way more depth and can wear them down. If we can manage to shut down Roe and that line, I think we'll sweep. Hell, I think we'll sweep anyways. However, I won't be surprised by a split. I think our offense has been coming together nicely in the last few games. We'll see....

sioux sweep

SCSU is not Harvard. That being said, I hope "crow" is on my menu come Sunday.