SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Goals of the Year

larsensa

Toews amazing goal last night made me think it would be cool to see some others. I think his was the goal of the year so far

but I haven't seen all goals scored this year and I am biased.

Here is my entry: Toews smokes Detroit!

Next.......

I'm biased also, and it looks like your a fellow Hawks fan, let's beat Phoenix tonight.

But.....as Toews biased as I am, I think his fellow teammate has topped him so far this year. His name is VERSTEEG!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYWsZh-zjE

I'm biased also, and it looks like your a fellow Hawks fan, let's beat Phoenix tonight.

But.....as Toews biased as I am, I think his fellow teammate has topped him so far this year. His name is VERSTEEG!!

i am biased also, but versteeg's goal was not as pretty as jonny's last night.

IMO, That goal is not even in the same category as Toews'. It doesn't have the same "wow" factor to me. Probably because it took a little longer to develop, where Toews' goal was all one motion.

You may remember Versteeg as the guy the Hawks got from Boston a couple of years ago in the Bochenski trade.

• 2 weeks later...
11 goals so far this year...Are the Coyotes wishing they signed him now or who did they get with their compensation pick?

I thought the compensatory pick was for this upcoming draft?

And it looks like Blake made the right choice, even if it did make him look like a horse's backside.

By the way: I'll say it again: Wheeler is making me eat crow. He surely is playing well at the NHL level. I still can't figure out where it came from. He was alright in juniors and at the U, but not at the same prowess he's showing in Boston.

And it looks like Blake made the right choice, even if it did make him look like a horse's backside.

How did Wheeler's choice make him look bad?

I (like everyone else) thought it was crazy to turn down the guaranteed money. I'm guessing he was told he wasn't going to have a shot at the NHL in Phoenix so he rolled the dice and took his game to Boston. I just hope he can avoid any of the streaks where he goes stone cold this year.

How did Wheeler's choice make him look bad?

I (like everyone else) thought it was crazy to turn down the guaranteed money. I'm guessing he was told he wasn't going to have a shot at the NHL in Phoenix so he rolled the dice and took his game to Boston. I just hope he can avoid any of the streaks where he goes stone cold this year.

Being a Bruins fans I think the he made the right choice. The Bruins coach in Boston is a Tax Master and he will get the most out of his player. They are rolling over people right now. I believe the Bruins play the Devils tonight. Lots of WCHA players tonight. Parise, Zajac, Martin, Wheeler, Kessel.

Sid the Kid breaks his scoring slump (or does he?)...

Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh highlights

I had to include the full game highlights to get the slo-mo replay. It's the last goal, game winner in OT, so you have to sit through about 3.5 mins of highlights. Lots of talk that it should've been a no-goal; looks like it was below the crossbar, or at least inconclusive, to me. I say goal.

Sid the Kid breaks his scoring slump (or does he?)...

Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh highlights

I had to include the full game highlights to get the slo-mo replay. It's the last goal, game winner in OT, so you have to sit through about 3.5 mins of highlights. Lots of talk that it should've been a no-goal; looks like it was below the crossbar, or at least inconclusive, to me.

I watched that goal last night and thought it was a goal.