SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ HARVARD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score was 1-0 Harvard. Ocurred during the 2005-2006 season during the xmas break.

I believe we were missing Oshie, Toews, Chorney, and Lee to the WJC.

Now I remember.You are correct because I took my brother and his family to the game because they were up for x-mas from Wichita,KS.3-0 still sticks in my head for some reason but I do remember it was a very boring game.

Now I remember.You are correct because I took my brother and his family to the game because they were up for x-mas from Wichita,KS.3-0 still sticks in my head for some reason but I do remember it was a very boring game.

lost 1-0 friday to harvard and won 3-2 saturday

friday box score

saturday box score

congrats frattin !!

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Frattin gets WCHA honor

UND sophomore forward Matt Frattin is the WCHA offensive player of the week.

Frattin had a hat trick and an assist in Friday's 7-3 win over Cornell. Frattin's hat trick was the first against Cornell in a decade -- a span covering 328 games.

Frattin is tied for the team lead in goals with five -- all of which have come in the last five games.

He is the second player to be honored by the WCHA this season.

UND in weekly honors

Nov. 18 -- Brad Eidsness, WCHA rookie of the week

Dec. 1 -- Matt Frattin, WCHA offensive player of the week

I'm not sure it bodes well for us to be playing the SMAAAT KIDS as we don't seem to be a very smart team as we continously do the same things over and over that lead to losses for us.

maybe they are just book SMAAAT and not hockey/street SMAAAT :huh::glare:

meida day stuff - not good on trupp, just means mario or davidson will step in and contribute nightly with miller on the blueline that leaves just 1 forward as a scratch now.i really like the toews with gregoire and frattin line idea.

Weekly Wednesday update

At today's weekly meeting with local media members, UND coach Dave Hakstol said that forward Evan Trupp is out indefinitely with an arm injury.

Hakstol mentioned that Trupp will be re-evaluated on a weekly basis, but he won't be going to Boston this weekend.

It's another tough injury for Trupp, who has faced a string of them in his career. Last year, he fractured a bone in his ankle and missed the final month of the season. The year before, he had his appendix rupture during a game and had emergency surgery. And the year before that, Trupp suffered a shoulder injury during the playoffs.

Hakstol said that Trupp is a tough player, but he's been unlucky.

David Toews may play up the middle with Matt Frattin and Jason Gregoire.

Hakstol said he didn't want to say much about Joe Finley's injury situation.

Frattin, Darcy Zajac and Chay Genoway also were at the press conference. Frattin, maybe appropriately after his first career college hat trick Friday night, wore a Superman shirt to the press conference.

Brad Miller, speaking like a true promoter, says to "look for the new episode of Brad Miller Time!" A chat with operations director Pat Swanson and an episode of 'Cribs' will soon be featured.

meida day stuff - not good on trupp, just means mario or davidson will step in and contribute nightly with miller on the blueline that leaves just 1 forward as a scratch now.i really like the toews with gregoire and frattin line idea.

Weekly Wednesday update

At today's weekly meeting with local media members, UND coach Dave Hakstol said that forward Evan Trupp is out indefinitely with an arm injury.

Hakstol mentioned that Trupp will be re-evaluated on a weekly basis, but he won't be going to Boston this weekend.

It's another tough injury for Trupp, who has faced a string of them in his career. Last year, he fractured a bone in his ankle and missed the final month of the season. The year before, he had his appendix rupture during a game and had emergency surgery. And the year before that, Trupp suffered a shoulder injury during the playoffs.

Hakstol said that Trupp is a tough player, but he's been unlucky.

David Toews may play up the middle with Matt Frattin and Jason Gregoire.

Hakstol said he didn't want to say much about Joe Finley's injury situation.

Frattin, Darcy Zajac and Chay Genoway also were at the press conference. Frattin, maybe appropriately after his first career college hat trick Friday night, wore a Superman shirt to the press conference.

Brad Miller, speaking like a true promoter, says to "look for the new episode of Brad Miller Time!" A chat with operations director Pat Swanson and an episode of 'Cribs' will soon be featured.

just wathced the press conference - not word for word. just a sloppy recap :glare:

HAK says.........no way to put time frame on trupp being out. trupps ran into injuries last 3-4 years and is bad luck. injuries are part of the game. hes very tough and has to work on getting healthy and better and back on the ice. go week by week with trupps spot. toews is on trupps unit up the middle. joes out til further notice. not fair to joe to comment. kristo is a young guy puting a nice resume together. danny kristo has believed in himself and worked hard to this point after not making minnesota select 15 festival. he will be driven to continue to achieve more and proud of him and happy for him and his family. harvard is good hard working team. they are undefeated at home. harvard is setting up special shuttle buses around campus to get people to the building. something like that. sounds like they are ready for the sioux to come to town and we will be ready as well. they base their success on good team play and hard work. we have to outwork our oppenents more often than not. had good friday night and saturday was happy with level of play and work ethic. tough game in trenches, didnt come easily either way. 1st goal was big and cornell got it. back to our grass roots working hard and lunch pail hockey. miller isnt gona become 100% comfortable back there but its growing. his ability to read situations have improved and he has to continue to improve. hes improving on both ends. hes picking his spots with more confidence. hes having more impact game in and and out.

FRATTIN SAYS........starting to put goals in but need to tie wins together. play solid 60 minutes and 120. dont know too much about harvard. suppose to be pretty good and always in the top 3 in their league. good break away from wcha and play some non conference teams but look forward to playing scsu but not looking ahead right now. lot more confident in my play

just wathced the press conference - not word for word. just a sloppy recap :glare:

HAK says.........no way to put time frame on trupp being out. trupps ran into injuries last 3-4 years and is bad luck. injuries are part of the game. hes very tough and has to work on getting healthy and better and back on the ice. go week by week with trupps spot. toews is on trupps unit up the middle. joes out til further notice. not fair to joe to comment. kristo is a young guy puting a nice resume together. danny kristo has believed in himself and worked hard to this point after not making minnesota select 15 festival. he will be driven to continue to achieve more and proud of him and happy for him and his family. harvard is good hard working team. they are undefeated at home. harvard is setting up special shuttle buses around campus to get people to the building. something like that. sounds like they are ready for the sioux to come to town and we will be ready as well. they base their success on good team play and hard work. we have to outwork our oppenents more often than not. had good friday night and saturday was happy with level of play and work ethic. tough game in trenches, didnt come easily either way. 1st goal was big and cornell got it. back to our grass roots working hard and lunch pail hockey. miller isnt gona become 100% comfortable back there but its growing. his ability to read situations have improved and he has to continue to improve. hes improving on both ends. hes picking his spots with more confidence. hes having more impact game in and and out.

FRATTIN SAYS........starting to put goals in but need to tie wins together. play solid 60 minutes and 120. dont know too much about harvard. suppose to be pretty good and always in the top 3 in their league. good break away from wcha and play some non conference teams but look forward to playing scsu but not looking ahead right now. lot more confident in my play

listening to coach hakstol talk and not want to comment on big joe i can only believe he may be done this season. just the first time you have heard hak say what he said and how he said it. take it for what thats worth but just a hunch big joe is done this season

listening to coach hakstol talk and not want to comment on big joe i can only believe he may be done this season. just the first time you have heard hak say what he said and how he said it. take it for what thats worth but just a hunch big joe is done this season

I believe Big Joe is done as well....What a travesty for a guy who came back for his senior year. Those concussions are nothing to mess with though.

I believe Big Joe is done as well....What a travesty for a guy who came back for his senior year. Those concussions are nothing to mess with though.

Hak said big joe is out indefinately, I guess that means he comes back after ______ time.