SiouxSports.com Forum

The cockiness has returned.

Goon

Check this stuff out. I found it on the substitute POI site,here is the link

http://cotnerfamily.com/GPLMB/viewtopic.php?t=125

Looks like the cockiness has returned...

*A local Gopher Hockey media type recounted how a reporter this past winter asked Dean Blais what he says to his goaltenders with all the instability in that position for the Sioux...a flustered Blais responded, "I tell them to stop the f*****g puck, or I'll find someone that will!"

*With the Gophers not visiting Houghton next season, there is question as to which two games beyond Anchorage will not be telecast. While it will probably be DU or CC, the folks at Fox Sports North are fed up with the treatment they get in Grand Forks and would love to forgo televising the Gophers at UND and blackout the Sioux in Minneapolis back in North Dakota.

*The UNO Tourney will be televised.

*Lucia commented on the pleasure he took in beating Michigan in another national semi-final. He noted that while the Gophers have great rivalries with the Sioux, the Badgers and others...it's the big picture this program is looking at and he likes to measure Minnesota against Michigan to gauge what is needed to win it all.

*An NHL scout said that if Parise were available when the Wild select, that they would take him and have him stay in college two more years.

*A local sports scribe said that the athletic department in Grand Forks does not fear a Blais departure at all...they feel they could easily fill that job with candidates currently in Lincoln or Duluth and not miss a step.

*A scout for the Wild said that the "pipeline" from SSM to UND can in part be definitely attributed to hard feelings by Tom Ward for being the odd-man out when Lucia arrived.

(First off), I doubt Blaiser would say that to the media about his goalies... And does anyone know the name of that reporter? Probably not. (2nd) Waaaaa, to FSN, what a second rate crappy network anyways: what are they mad that REA doesn't/didn't bow down to them, black it out who cares. (3rd) Donnie better worry about beating UND first before he worries about beating Michigan... By the way Donny UND beat Michigan too last season. Infact quite a few teams did...

Lastly, who was the UND athletic deparment spokes person for this tasty rumor? Notice there is no name posted to that one. I am sure its a reliable source, what did they get that one from Vivian Nelson of http://www.UND-Fraud.com It sounds like some of her work.

You know how some people say POI is obssessed with UND...I am starting to think that Goon is obssessed with the Gophers. He is even checking out people's personal pages and using them.

It is funny, because it is so sad ;):D

Whats funny is that Handy seems to think that this is a POI, you took a wrong turn Handy, this site is a UND Fighting Sioux sports site to include UND hockey. The that your referring to is a post, and in this post was an analysis of an opponents web page. This web page had some stupid things about UND. The ironic and funny thing about these alegations was that none of these posts had a person being credited for that information. I think that is questionable to push this off as journalism. Some media guy said. Hum...

I think this is truly fantastic reporting.

1) Blais has more tact than most reporters and anyone who wants to prod a lion usually gets what they deserv. Did he say that? I don't know, but you can bet most of the Sioux fans would agree with the comment.

2) FSN can the gophers? Even if is against the Sioux, fat chance. FSN is everything short of the official sports network of the gophers booster club. If anything, I'd think they'd be sure to televise it just so that their shoddy commentators can call every UND hit "dirty" and ever Gopher penalty "bogus." Like Goon says, FSN is a shoddy network who wouldn't know fair commentating if it bit them in tha arse.

3) Parise staying two more years MAY happen anyways, you never know. How likely? We'll have to wait and see. (Excruciating to wait, I know)

4) If Blais did say something stupid, then Lucia is also susceptible. In the name of sportsmanship, I find this as hard to believe as Blas' comment.

5) UNO could use some televised time if it doesn't hurt big rivalries such as UM v UND or UM v UW. If it does interfere, well that's just going to hurt College hockey because the channels will see the loss of ratings as a loss of interest in college hockey and lower viewership. This is just guesswork though.

6) The reason why we get so many SSM players is because we recruit them heavily. If this rationale was the case, then Irmen and Potulny would be coming to UND because it would just make sense to come home or be close to home. Same thing with the Morelands. And Parise would be wearing Maroon and Gold.

Propaganda is the name of the game sometimes. People with low opinions, low morals, and low ethics. Overall, it is just low.

WTF is the point of this thread? If you have problems with what is posted on other boards, address it there. Dealing with other boards here is really nothing more than dragging your neighbor's garbage into your own house. I don't think there is a reason to accept what is posted anywhere as "gospel" as opposed to the mere writings of somebody relating what they heard, think, saw or said. Accordingly, alot of crap can be lost in translation or skewed according to the writers' biases.

WTF is the point of this thread? If you have problems with what is posted on other boards, address it there. Dealing with other boards here is really nothing more than dragging your neighbor's garbage into your own house. I don't think there is a reason to accept what is posted anywhere as "gospel" as opposed to the mere writings of somebody relating what they heard, think, saw or said. Accordingly, alot of crap can be lost in translation or skewed according to the writers' biases.

Come on Scott we can't golf everyday all day. In case you haven't looked outside the weather is nice and not a snow flake anywhere in sight. In other words boredom set in. Why not. The point was the cockiness of the Gopher fans and their media or what ever.

Good point, Sagard.

On a related note, a buddy knows someone who works on the FSN crew, doing all types of sporting events. He said the crew loves the GF trips, but did allow that the big shots may have issues that the crew doesn't know about....

Us Gophers fans were cocky and arrogant during a 23 year title drought, would you really expect it to decrease after back-to-back NCAA titles?

Actually, no we don't, we expect it. Just brought up a point (some call it trolling, so far I caught a Handyman). I hate to say this but it has been too long since hockey season got over... I can't believe I just said that... Also, my golf game has hit its mid season slump/form... Hunting season is not here yet and work is boring...

To me, everything *reported* is irrelevant except for the Sioux-Gopher game possibly not being aired. But that doesn't matter too much either because I'd just go to Joe Senser's and watch the game off the Sioux satellite feed, like I do for all the other home games.

So what if Blais said that about the goalies. Boring.

Who cares what the Wild would have done with Parise, he didn't fall to the Wild. But even if he had, I doubt anything was set in stone as I'm sure the decision to leave depends on numerous factors, including his progression in college, his bulk, and the CBA. Seems to me any organization would take a year-by-year approach.

There probably are some close to the Sioux program that would not worry too much about Blais leaving. Either Steve Johnson or Scott Sandelin would make an excellent replacement. Having said that, it's nice to have Blais staying another few years.

Thanks, Goon, for pointing out that Vivian Nelson.

Her website is a perfect example of political

correctness run wild (notice all the different

types of discrimination? political, racial, age,

etc etc). This mindset gained momentum in

the '60s & has virtually sunk America. You can

thank the cultural Marxists for this-- PC, feminism &

radical liberalism are its offshoots.

Political correctness is an ideology & ideologies

are incompatible with a democracy because

they don't foster free speech/independent

thought. They're just as dangerous as those

tree-hugging environmentalists.

What's this have to do with hockey? Nothing. Goon

brought up this Ms. Nelson & should be thanked

for exposing this idealogue to more people who

weren't aware of her previously.

Keep this woman & her like east of the Red River.

I'm sure she could find a job elsewhere at SCSU

or some other liberal Minnesota institution...

goon, you MUST be bored....golf game sucking that much already?!?!? ;)

WPoS

Went to the driving range on Saturday, I have issues with the driver that I needed to work on, the first 10 practice tee shots went chilly dipping down the driving range. Got the mojo back in the driver and the game is on the rebound. I will never be a great golfer but as long as I am in the 80's and low 90's I am happy...

You are a sick coward. You are an evil man. You are a kidnapper and rapist, a master manipulator of people and the truth, but your reign of terror is over," Aloi told Jamelske.

Actually, the judge was speaking to Jamelske's lawyer at that time.

taz wants to be a "retired handyman"

If you're looking for PCM Handy don't forget he's much older than you'd think.... :):)

Hey where you been Shawn? Kissing a bunch of BADger butts? ;)

BTW if any of you on this board were the UND fan who came to Bennigans the other day, sorry but I had to give you and your buddy crap :)