SiouxSports.com Forum

I figured out where our friend Jeff Dubay has been

Telly33

Arrested on Weds. for possession of more than 6 grams of Meth.

I heard it here first.

Arrival Date 10/15/2008 11:04:00 PM

Initial Charge VOCSL- FELONY POSSESSION CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE [F-NARCOTICS][35]

Statute Referenced Drugs - Sale More Than 2 Packages or Greater Than 6 Grams Methamphetamine Precursor Drugs

Charge Level Felony

Amended Charge

Court Charge

First Name JEFFERY

Middle Name JOHN

Last Name DUBAY

Birthdate 1/19/1968

Place of Birth BEMIDJI

Address No. 11295

Address Suffix N

Address Street 49TH AVE

Address Line 2

City PLYMOUTH

State MN

ZIP 55442

City of Violation MAPLEWOOD

Date arrested 10/15/2008

Arresting Agency MAPLEWOOD POLICE DEPT

Arrested Address No.

Arrest Address Suffix

Arrest Address Street ENGLISH ST / HWY 36

Arrest Address Line 2

Arrest City MAPLEWOOD

Arrest County RAM

Arrest State MN

Arrest ZIP

Telly

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oct 17, 2008 8:22 pm US/Central

Police: KFAN Broadcaster Arrested For Holding Meth

(WCCO) KFAN Radio's Jeff Dubay has been arrested by Maplewood Police for possession of methamphetamine, according to the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department.

He was released without charges, added the department.

Dubay is co-host of the show "PA And Dubay," a show he does with Paul Allen.

KFAN is a sports-focused AM station based in St. Louis Park, Minn.

Keep watching WCCO-TV and WCCO.com for more information

Oct 17, 2008 8:22 pm US/Central

Police: KFAN Broadcaster Arrested For Holding Meth

(WCCO) KFAN Radio's Jeff Dubay has been arrested by Maplewood Police for possession of methamphetamine, according to the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department.

He was released without charges, added the department.

Dubay is co-host of the show "PA And Dubay," a show he does with Paul Allen.

KFAN is a sports-focused AM station based in St. Louis Park, Minn.

Keep watching WCCO-TV and WCCO.com for more information

OOPS...I was wondering why he was not on the show today live from St. Cloud...he is screwed.

Arrested on Weds. for possession of more than 6 grams of Meth.

I heard it here first.

Arrival Date 10/15/2008 11:04:00 PM

Initial Charge VOCSL- FELONY POSSESSION CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE [F-NARCOTICS][35]

Statute Referenced Drugs - Sale More Than 2 Packages or Greater Than 6 Grams Methamphetamine Precursor Drugs

Charge Level Felony

Amended Charge

Court Charge

First Name JEFFERY

Middle Name JOHN

Last Name DUBAY

Birthdate 1/19/1968

Place of Birth BEMIDJI

Address No. 11295

Address Suffix N

Address Street 49TH AVE

Address Line 2

City PLYMOUTH

State MN

ZIP 55442

City of Violation MAPLEWOOD

Date arrested 10/15/2008

Arresting Agency MAPLEWOOD POLICE DEPT

Arrested Address No.

Arrest Address Suffix

Arrest Address Street ENGLISH ST / HWY 36

Arrest Address Line 2

Arrest City MAPLEWOOD

Arrest County RAM

Arrest State MN

Arrest ZIP

Telly

Crap like this post really pi$$es me off. If you would have read the WHOLE report, and not just obviously skimmed through it, you would have read that he was "busted" with a methamphetamine PRECURSOR. NOT actually meth.

Being busted with 12+ grams of whatever, should have clued you in that it probably wasn't meth.

Congratulations on being the one to start the thread though (at least in the "Men's Hockey" section, Ray77 scooped you by 160 minutes, but posted in the "community" section)!

Crap like this post really pi$$es me off. If you would have read the WHOLE report, and not just obviously skimmed through it, you would have read that he was "busted" with a methamphetamine PRECURSOR. NOT actually meth.

Being busted with 12+ grams of whatever, should have clued you in that it probably wasn't meth.

Congratulations on being the one to start the thread though (at least in the "Men's Hockey" section, Ray77 scooped you by 160 minutes, but posted in the "community" section)!

It doesn't say 12 + grams, maybe you should read it again. It says "Sale More Than 2 Packages or Greater Than 6 Grams Methamphetamine Precursor Drugs"

But I am curious, why should it have clued us in that it wasn't meth if it was greater than 12+ grams?

It doesn't say 12 + grams, maybe you should read it again. It says "Sale More Than 2 Packages or Greater Than 6 Grams Methamphetamine Precursor Drugs"

But I am curious, why should it have clued us in that it wasn't meth if it was greater than 12+ grams?

You are right it doesn't literally say "12+" grams. I took the liberty of multiplying 2 (packages) times (greater than) 6 (grams). It's not really clear that the 2 or more packages combined are more than 6 grams, or if 2 or more packages each weigh 6+ grams. The liberties I took with my math were hardly the same liberties taken when a thead is started saying that Dubay was arrested for meth, when the arrest record clearly states that he was in possession of meth precursors.

Being naive about meth, and all other drugs, I thought 12 grams was a lot of anything to be carrying around. After a little googleing, I've come to learn that 12 grams is only worth about $1000- $1200. Still seems like a lot though.

Meth is a huge problem and the police should be able to do whatever (with in reason of course) it takes to get it off of the streets. However, if it turns out that Dubay was arrested for possession of Sudafed, and he has no other record of meth use, I hope that he finds a good lawyer and sticks it to the city of Plymouth. If it turns out Puffy is doing meth, I hope he gets the help he needs. IMO he's too fat and his teeth are too nice to being doing meth though.

I guess I'm a little sensitive to this for a couple of reasons. One of them, this reminds me of the Oshie elevator incident. Everyone was pretty quick to throw TJ under the bus before any of the facts were available. His case ended up getting dropped. Another reason this bugs me; way back when I was in high school, 15+ years ago, I got into a little trouble. Charged with a misdemeanor. Nothing more than a couple of friends getting a little bit too intoxicated, and getting caught doing a little vandalism. A couple of years ago I find out that one of my friends (who I went to hs with) thought that I was convicted with a felony resulting from the incident, and he's been telling all of our mutual friends for the last 15+ years that I was a convicted felon.

You are right it doesn't literally say "12+" grams. I took the liberty of multiplying 2 (packages) times (greater than) 6 (grams). It's not really clear that the 2 or more packages combined are more than 6 grams, or if 2 or more packages each weigh 6+ grams. The liberties I took with my math were hardly the same liberties taken when a thead is started saying that Dubay was arrested for meth, when the arrest record clearly states that he was in possession of meth precursors.

Being naive about meth, and all other drugs, I thought 12 grams was a lot of anything to be carrying around. After a little googleing, I've come to learn that 12 grams is only worth about $1000- $1200. Still seems like a lot though.

Meth is a huge problem and the police should be able to do whatever (with in reason of course) it takes to get it off of the streets. However, if it turns out that Dubay was arrested for possession of Sudafed, and he has no other record of meth use, I hope that he finds a good lawyer and sticks it to the city of Plymouth. If it turns out Puffy is doing meth, I hope he gets the help he needs. IMO he's too fat and his teeth are too nice to being doing meth though.

I guess I'm a little sensitive to this for a couple of reasons. One of them, this reminds me of the Oshie elevator incident. Everyone was pretty quick to throw TJ under the bus before any of the facts were available. His case ended up getting dropped. Another reason this bugs me; way back when I was in high school, 15+ years ago, I got into a little trouble. Charged with a misdemeanor. Nothing more than a couple of friends getting a little bit too intoxicated, and getting caught doing a little vandalism. A couple of years ago I find out that one of my friends (who I went to hs with) thought that I was convicted with a felony resulting from the incident, and he's been telling all of our mutual friends for the last 15+ years that I was a convicted felon.

Agree, innocent until proven guilty.

you should either know what you are talking about or at least attempt to sound like it if you are going to start ripping posters. even the stronger decongestants, like the 24 hr ones, have under 3 grams of the meth precursor, pseudoephedrine hcl, in the whole package, so not sure where you got the 12 gram information? if you have more info, i'd like to know how, but go ahead and share it. i don't know what he was caught with or if there will be charges, but it was enough to make the cities tv news and paper. i don't know what your love affair with puffy is, and why you feel the need to defend him here, but this is a topic discussing something that was in the tc area tv and paper. i hope he is not on meth, i have seen how quickly that will destroy a person, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it here. he's a goofer homer, which obviously does not make him many fans on this site, but noone wishes that type of addiction and life on anyone here. if he is into meth, he is an idiot, and i feel for his family.

you should either know what you are talking about or at least attempt to sound like it if you are going to start ripping posters. even the stronger decongestants, like the 24 hr ones, have under 3 grams of the meth precursor, pseudoephedrine hcl, in the whole package, so not sure where you got the 12 gram information? if you have more info, i'd like to know how, but go ahead and share it. i don't know what he was caught with or if there will be charges, but it was enough to make the cities tv news and paper. i don't know what your love affair with puffy is, and why you feel the need to defend him here, but this is a topic discussing something that was in the tc area tv and paper. i hope he is not on meth, i have seen how quickly that will destroy a person, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it here. he's a goofer homer, which obviously does not make him many fans on this site, but noone wishes that type of addiction and life on anyone here. if he is into meth, he is an idiot, and i feel for his family.
Well said.I have had a beer or 2 with Dubay and he is a decent enough man.Hope all of this is a big misunderstanding.

I guess I missed the part where having cold medicine was worth being arrested. (And yes I know you can't buy more than two packages at once.)

While I support the meth watch stuff, what it's done is more move the manufacture of Meth to our southern neighbor without reducing the supply that much. (According to a cop in town).

Of course that's not a bad thing in itself to move the manufacture.

But I hope Dubay isn't up on a BS charge, not that I like him much, but BS is BS.

I was only going with what I had read off of the police report: Statute Referenced Drugs - Sale More Than 2 Packages or Greater Than 6 Grams Methamphetamine Precursor Drugs

So, after reading it again I realize now that it does not actually say "sale- more than two packages of greater than 6 grams..." it says "sale...or greater than 6 grams..." My mistake. Does it really matter though if it was more than 6 grams, or 12+ grams?

I should ask you why you brought up pseudoephedrine hcl? Who's to say that Jeffrey didn't pick up some skank after his last shift at KFAN, did his business with her, realized what a dirty girl she was, ran down to Walgreens, picked up about 10 bottles of iodine to wash himself down with. Iodine being purchased in big quantities is probably a red flag, so Joe Walgreen sales associate calls the cops with Dubay's license number when he leaves the store. Big deal if he's gopher homer. He seems like a like able guy, it's not like this was Michael Irvin getting busted with cocaine precursors 10 years ago (let me clarify- as far as I know Irvin was never caught with precursors, just the real deal, just trying to make a point).

Why is that I have to defend myself for ripping posters who are reporting the Dubay got busted with meth, when the police report that they are citing says that he got caught with meth precursors. There's a HUGE difference. Meth is not the same thing as iodine, or red phosphorus (both precursors of meth). Have you ever tried getting high off of iodine;)