SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BOSTON U. & UMASS - IceBreaker

AZSIOUX

I'll second this.

BU is primed for a serious breakout season. They underachieved last year big time.

I misread the schedule. I thought we were playing the 2/3rds beanpot (vs. BU and vs. BC). Glad we're not though. I think we wouldn't get much for points if we did.

Yeah, I predict the beginning of our season to be rough. Better, though, to get the losses out of the way early.

I'm going to politely disagree. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen BU, so I'm not in a position to judge. I know their team is solid, but I think ours is pretty solid too. I think the BU game will be close, but I think we can pull it out if we play like we're capable of...even though its early in the season.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Today's news is that David Toews will not travel to Boston. He is going to stay home and rehab his injury (it's not the same one he suffered at Shattuck last year).

Coach Dave Hakstol said he doesn't think it's real serious and hopes it doesn't linger. He said he'd like to take Toews on the trip, but he can do a lot more rehab if he stays in Grand Forks.

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Today's news is that David Toews will not travel to Boston. He is going to stay home and rehab his injury (it's not the same one he suffered at Shattuck last year).

Coach Dave Hakstol said he doesn't think it's real serious and hopes it doesn't linger. He said he'd like to take Toews on the trip, but he can do a lot more rehab if he stays in Grand Forks.

While I am sure this makes Hak's decision process easier and it will be beneficial to Toews in the long run, I was still excited to see what he could do at the college level. Guess we will have to wait yet another week to see him in action (knock on wood).

I'm going to politely disagree. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen BU, so I'm not in a position to judge. I know their team is solid, but I think ours is pretty solid too. I think the BU game will be close, but I think we can pull it out if we play like we're capable of...even though its early in the season.

I believe the Sioux can beat BU. First BU is notorious for a slow start to the season. In addition with the departure of MacArthur and Ewing they will need to make up 88 points not to mention, they both were significant goal scorers on BU

ICE Breaker Game Notes

ICE Breaker article from BU website

Since this year's format does not include a championship game, the winner will be determined by the teams' records over the two days. All tied games will have a shootout immediately following the end of the five-minute overtime period. Those contests will be officially recorded as a tie and the shootout result will only count toward breaking potential ties to determine the Ice Breaker champion. Head-to-head competition and goal differential are the first two tiebreakers should two teams have the same record.

Umass article on Ice Breaker

Hextall article

what is the exact link to heare the coaches show from tonight?? thanks

I to believe the Sioux can beat BU as well but to say we'll beat them because they have notorius slow starts doesn't make any sense because they could say the same about us incase you haven't seen our starts the last 4 years.

Well I guess it would depend on your definition of a slow start. For example last year for the first five games BU went 0-4-1 the Sioux went 3-1-1. I guess I would rather have a Sioux slow start vs. a BU slow start.

Well I guess it would depend on your definition of a slow start. For example last year for the first five games BU went 0-4-1 the Sioux went 3-1-1. I guess I would rather have a Sioux slow start vs. a BU slow start.

i agree, the slow start when people refer that to the sioux is the 1st half slow start up until christmas then its on like donkey kong for hak and company :cool: maybe we will just go 13-4 each half :)

I'll second this.

BU is primed for a serious breakout season. They underachieved last year big time.

I misread the schedule. I thought we were playing the 2/3rds beanpot (vs. BU and vs. BC). Glad we're not though. I think we wouldn't get much for points if we did.

Yeah, I predict the beginning of our season to be rough. Better, though, to get the losses out of the way early.

Redwing_77 I will bet your that beer that I was going to buy you last year that the Sioux beat them 3-2...

I like the fact that we will get tested right away (BU is a definitly top tier team). I think we will keep it close and one team will get a great goal from a new face (ie. #17) in the final few minutes to pull out the victory!!! UMASS will be tough early, but I feel our depth wil take over and we will win a 5-2 type game... MY BIG QUESTION? Who will be in goal!

GO SIOUX

I like the fact that we will get tested right away (BU is a definitly top tier team). I think we will keep it close and one team will get a great goal from a new face (ie. #17) in the final few minutes to pull out the victory!!! UMASS will be tough early, but I feel our depth wil take over and we will win a 5-2 type game... MY BIG QUESTION? Who will be in goal!

GO SIOUX

I am betting B.E.

I'm gonna warn you all right now and I'm gonna warn you again whenever a game thread goes up. I'm checking the links for the Icebreaker games today and CBS has them wrong again. So if you're planning on trying to watch today's game you might want to wait until I tell you what link to pick so you don't inadvertently pay for something again.

Right now the link for yesterday's BU - UND game has the feed up for today's UND - UMass game. Yes, that is f'ed up but it's CBS college sports/ CSTV's fault, they hate college hockey, so when you want your $$$ back go to them not BU.

I'm gonna warn you all right now and I'm gonna warn you again whenever a game thread goes up. I'm checking the links for the Icebreaker games today and CBS has them wrong again. So if you're planning on trying to watch today's game you might want to wait until I tell you what link to pick so you don't inadvertently pay for something again.

Right now the link for yesterday's BU - UND game has the feed up for today's UND - UMass game. Yes, that is f'ed up but it's CBS college sports/ CSTV's fault, they hate college hockey, so when you want your $$$ back go to them not BU.

Thanks for the warning. I'll be watching for your tip on which feed to buy.

BTW, how are you seeing that yesterday's feed has today's game? I am looking at goterriers.com, and it says that live event is currently unavailable.

Thanks for the warning. I'll be watching for your tip on which feed to buy.

BTW, how are you seeing that yesterday's feed has today's game? I am looking at goterriers.com, and it says that live event is currently unavailable.

I have the full season pass, so I can click on any link without being prompted to pay. I was checking to see whether they archived the games from yesterday and when I clicked on the day 1 game 2 link I got the pregame feed of the zamboni clearing the ice with the UND - UMass pairing on the scoreboard, but that was at about 2 pm EDT, that feed is now down. Coincidently both women's hockey links are playing today's game. That's enough evidence to me that things might go wrong. This has never happened before, I don't think CBS has figured out how to play more than one event on one team's channel at the same time without messing up the links.