SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

[

this may have been reported here already but in case it has not travis roche gets a deal with the coyotes, not sure if he has a shot in the nhl there as maybe san antonio will be his home for a while...

Former Wild defenseman Travis Roche signed a two-year deal with the Phoenix Coyotes

From Sid's Column: Attorney Neil Sheehy, also a former NHL player, reports that ex-Gopher Erik Westrum, who was in the Wild farm system last year, and his former teammate John Pohl, who was in the Blues organization at one time, have signed one-way contracts with Toronto. Sheehy also said Marty Sertich, the Roseville product who won the Hobey Baker Award at Colorado College, signed with the Dallas Stars. Mark Cullen, the former Moorhead star who also played at Colorado College, signed a one-way contract with the Philadelphia Flyers. Andrew Hedlund from Osseo, who played at Minnesota State, Mankato, signed a two-way contract with the Ottawa Senators. He played in Germany last year. Former Wild defenseman Travis Roche signed a two-year deal with the Phoenix Coyotes.

I supppose it could be a one way contract. Maybe finally he get his shot at making the bigs.

so because he signed does that mean he will start the season with the Ducks? or their AHL affiliate

No one knows right now. This will be determined in Training Camp. Genoway, no doubt, will have every opportunity to make the Anaheim roster if he can earn it. If he doesn't, he'll head to their AHL affiliate.

No one knows right now. This will be determined in Training Camp. Genoway, no doubt, will have every opportunity to make the Anaheim roster if he can earn it. If he doesn't, he'll head to their AHL affiliate.

just for future referece, jic, who is anaheim's AHL affiliate?

Wow it would be great to be able to watch him play on a regular basis again here in Ottawa. I noticed that the article featured the following standard description for any player who has donned the Kelly Green: :crazy:

"The one thing you get with Greg is a lot of intangibles," said Laidlaw. "He can play any role you want, he's got good speed, he has grit, he wins faceoffs and he's just a tremendous individual who is well respected by his teammates."

He'll fit in just fine with all the other old folks down there. I wonder if the can fabricate some kind of walker that fold out to make a net so Eddie can get on and off the ice ? :angry:

Up until today I always thought that anyone who was too old to play for the Toronto Maple Leafs retired. ;)

He'll fit in just fine with all the other old folks down there. I wonder if the can fabricate some kind of walker that fold out to make a net so Eddie can get on and off the ice ? :angry:

I believe there's a George Carlin one-liner about Florida ---> Everything's in the 80s: the temps, the ages, the IQs. ;)

It is certainly understandable with the rock solid blueliners the Wild have had that Roche never got a legit shot. Hopefully Phoenix will get him a real shot.

Travis may not be a super defensive defenseman, but I never figured out why he didn't get more of an opportunity with the Wild at a time they were very publically saying they needed offensive defensemen.

Travis may not be a super defensive defenseman, but I never figured out why he didn't get more of an opportunity with the Wild at a time they were very publically saying they needed offensive defensemen.

Because, to the Wild, "offensive defensemen" are simply defensive defensemen who shoot the puck a lot.