SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Didn't want to create a new thread for this, but looking at future Blackhawk games, I'll be in Chicago and have the oppurtunity to see either the Hawks vs. Oilers (Toews/Greene) or Hawks vs. LA (Toews/Murray). I'm leaning towards the Oilers game, what do you all think?

Didn't want to create a new thread for this, but looking at future Blackhawk games, I'll be in Chicago and have the oppurtunity to see either the Hawks vs. Oilers (Toews/Greene) or Hawks vs. LA (Toews/Murray). I'm leaning towards the Oilers game, what do you all think?

murray hasnt played lately and was sent down but even if he was up i would watch greene and toews anyday over murray. those 2 will tet big ice time!!

Toews is 'The Future'

JUST one year ago, Jonathan Toews was the big man on campus, living in your average college rental home with four other University of North Dakota teammates.

Toews took in classes, suited up for the Fighting Sioux on weekends, and tooled around in a 1996 Saturn that used to belong to his dad, Bryan.

How times can change.

These days, Toews is a teenager who's headed off to the big city, Chicago, where downtown billboards announce the talented centreman as "The Future." No more campus in Grand Forks, but the oyster of Windy City and the NHL, which is a far cry from the relatively less arduous environment of the NCAA.

The Saturn? Gone (now driven by his father again), replaced by a spanking new Chevy Avalanche, a gift Toews gave himself using bonus money from his first contract with the Blackhawks last summer.

Yes, Toews isn't in Kansas anymore.

Small piece on Toews and other young 'hawks on ESPN: Click here

"Jonathan Toews, the Chicago Blackhawks' first-round pick and the third overall selection in the 2006 draft, played his first NHL game last Wednesday, centering a line between 2007 No. 1 draft pick Patrick Kane and Tuomo Ruutu, who was Chicago's ninth overall selection in 2001. "