SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Lee was on the ice the same time as the DOT usually, I think that helped him out a lot in terms of getting points. Also, I think Hak knew he'd be less of a liability defensively when on the ice the same time as the DOT.

Maybe on the powerplay and the start of the game, but I don't think he went out of his way to make sure they were on the ice at the same time. How would he manage it when they roll four lines and 3 sets of "D". Somehow I don't think he held off the DOT line until that set of defense could rest.

hf top blackhawks prospects, no suprise here

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9856...pects_fall2007/

1. (1) Jonathan Toews, C/LW

Drafted, Round 1, 3rd overall, 2006

Along with 2007 No. 1 overall draftee Patrick Kane, Toews is considered the future face of this once proud franchise. Based upon his superior play with and against NHL players at the 2007 World Championships, there's a sense that the 19-year-old possesses a higher ceiling than originally thought. Although often compared to Rod Brind'Amour and Steve Yzerman, Toews also drew a comparison to Peter Forsberg from head coach Denis Savard at the Blackhawks summer prospect camp. Toews is rock solid in all zones, very strong in the corners and has exceptional hockey sense and creativity. He will be an immediate asset on the Hawk power play. And he should be instrumental in resurrecting the image of the franchise as well. Comfortable in interviews, Toews is adored in Canada (he speaks both English and French fluently) and his arrival in Chicago is much anticipated.

I know being compared to Forsberg is a compliment because Forseberg is known for his scoring (in his prime anyways) but I don't know if I'd flaunt that comparison. That guy is the premier diver of the NHL. I mean, he makes Earl look like an amateur.

The Stevie Y comparison is RIGHT ON, IMO.

Let's hope that 15-20 years from now the kids of the future will be being compared to Toews. I can't wait to get NHL Center Ice to see more hockey games this year.

Center Ice is definitely the way to go. I'm excited that I'll get to see Toews play a few different times in Nashville this season too.

A little Matt Greene discussion. Read on. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=415540

is this for real?? sweet if it is..wow

It took a couple of seasons but Matt Greene finally got a shot at Oilers prospect Geoff Paukovich and made the most of it.

Here's the deal, back in 2004-05 in the WCHA Final Five, Paukovich playing for the Denver Pioneers crushed Greene's teammate Robbie Bina of North Dakota with an ugly hit that broke Bina's neck. (Bina has since returned to play).

Greene, the Fighting Sioux's captain, exchanged words with Paukovich telling him their would be a day of reckoning at a later date. (Note:this would be the politically correct translation of what was said!).

As you all know you can't fight in College hockey but you can in a conditioning camp.

Paukovich now an Oilers prospect showed up at Clare Drake Arena the other day for the U. of A. Conditioning Camp, and Greene of course is an Oilers regular.

Greene was late for a session, and the two were slated to be on the same team, when he saw Paukovich in a drill.

Greene immediately skated over to Paukovich and told him the day of reckoning had arrived and proceeded to according to onlookers..make short work of Paukovich.

The one-sided tilt lasted 15-20 seconds.

The two shook hands after the fight.

Classic!

is this for real?? sweet if it is..wow

It took a couple of seasons but Matt Greene finally got a shot at Oilers prospect Geoff Paukovich and made the most of it.

Here's the deal, back in 2004-05 in the WCHA Final Five, Paukovich playing for the Denver Pioneers crushed Greene's teammate Robbie Bina of North Dakota with an ugly hit that broke Bina's neck. (Bina has since returned to play).

Greene, the Fighting Sioux's captain, exchanged words with Paukovich telling him their would be a day of reckoning at a later date. (Note:this would be the politically correct translation of what was said!).

As you all know you can't fight in College hockey but you can in a conditioning camp.

Paukovich now an Oilers prospect showed up at Clare Drake Arena the other day for the U. of A. Conditioning Camp, and Greene of course is an Oilers regular.

Greene was late for a session, and the two were slated to be on the same team, when he saw Paukovich in a drill.

Greene immediately skated over to Paukovich and told him the day of reckoning had arrived and proceeded to according to onlookers..make short work of Paukovich.

The one-sided tilt lasted 15-20 seconds.

The two shook hands after the fight.

Classic!

It sounds good, but it could be an urban legend. If it is true I am sure we will see something on it soon...

once again, drew will be up for now on,this should be his last time on the list

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9865...pects_fall2007/

1. (1) Drew Stafford, RW, 8.0 B

1st round, 13th overall, 2004

Stafford made a seamless transition to the pros in 2006-07, scoring 22 goals and 44 points in only 34 AHL contests. Stafford constantly shuffled up to Buffalo from Rochester throughout the season, appearing in 41 NHL games and scoring 27 points in the process. He finished with 22 points in his last 22 games playing on a line with Derek Roy and Thomas Vanek.

Stafford could easily start the season among the Sabres' top six forwards. If he played on the left side, there would be no doubt of that because of the shortage at left wing. The loss of Daniel Briere and Chris Drury guarantees Stafford will make the team out of camp. He will likely spend at least part of the season in the top six and it won't be long before he's a big part of Buffalo's offense. Stafford has the potential to be a star in the NHL one day.

Article regarding Lee and Sens Rookie Camp from todays Ottawa Citizen. Just like many Sioux fans, it would appear that the local media expects a certain level of performance from a number nine draft pick as well. I still hope it all works out for the kid.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...23-b427c680a1b1

Looking through some articles on the LA Kings websites, sounds like Brady Murray is having a good camp. He is on Team Murphy and doing well, putting points up. It would be nice to seem him make th lineup at some point this year. Although, LA has an awful lot of young talent for him to compete with.

i would be very suprised to see brady make the nhl this year, i say he plays in the ahl for a year or 2 but it would be sweet to see him in the show right away!!

Article regarding Lee and Sens Rookie Camp from todays Ottawa Citizen. Just like many Sioux fans, it would appear that the local media expects a certain level of performance from a number nine draft pick as well. I still hope it all works out for the kid.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...23-b427c680a1b1

Sounds like were right when they said the Sens had issues with defense...

Through their collective inability to defend in front of the goaltenders, they helped end Kelly Guard's tenure with the Senators' organization, bruised Jeff Glass' NHL hopes and roughed up Brian Elliott when he joined the team after his school year at the University of Wisconsin ended.

It was why Murray sent them all of last year's defencemen packing, including a couple of draft choices -- Neil Komadoski and Neil Petruic -- who were once thought to be prospects.

This year, after a summer of signing, Murray says it appeared the Senators will have the depth they want.

anyone know if fabian is at any nhl camps for a tryout? i know he attended the bhawks rookie camp a month ago or so. or even know if he will continue playing, i can see hi in the chl or echl for sure!!

and any news if prpich resigned with new mexico or is he moving up at all to the echl or ahl or at any nhl camp as well?

looks like porter got on the same line as former sioux ryan johnson in their camp, good luck to chris!

http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/sports-morni...murray-opens-2/