SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

11/28/07 - potential former sioux in nhl

ryan johnson - blues @ drew stafford - sabres (drew missed last 3 games with shoulder injury but in tonight)

philly @ mike commodore - carolina

dallas @ zach parise, travis zajac - devils

matt jones - coyotes @ wild

tampa bay @ toews - chicago

Toews also gets his ninth tonight.

What's interesting to me is that he's +2 on the night with only 2 SOG. So, he shot 50% tonight.

It will be interesting if Kane gets the Calder because if he does, Toews will do most of the legwork.

Toews will get the Calder....I am pretty confident of that. I think the people that vote realize what a great all around player he is. If he keeps up this pace he will have around 30 goals....which would be incredible!! And we wonder why DOT is struggling without him!! VV is a decent player but night and day between him and Toews.

What the stats don't show with Toews that the writers surprisingly realize is all the PP and PK time he gets besides just 5-5. He takes faceoffs and plays a much larger role in the defense. Sure, Kane has the gaudy assist numbers, but really, that doesn't mean much always.

toews has a goal and two assists tonight, and Zajac has a pair of assists on Parise's goals, Good to see the boys doing good!

One official assist for Zajac. They didn't give him one on the Gionta goal, though that may change as it looked like he had a stick on it.

In honor of Parise's 3 + 1 night (highlights here), youtube presents you with . . . A Parise family fishing trip in Canada with random children . . .

Enjoy

Also some post-game quotes from/about ZPar:

Stan Fischler: "That's one good looking man there."

Parise: "Yeah, I know."

Stan Fishler: 3 goals and one assist, that's a "Sombrero Trick."

Parise: You just made that up.