SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

will the oilers GM lowe make another big time offer to parise like he did for vanek?? and then force the devils to match? could get interesting with the cap going up a bit this year..i think he may, not to the level of vaneks offer but a nice sized offer for zach

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212941&hubname=nhl

I agree, but it will be interesting to see who will. Frank Doyle had a mediocre year with Lowell last year and he's a free agent anyways. I have no clue who the Devils' ECHL goaltenders are. I mention this only because often times they'll send one goaltender to the AHL and another the ECHL not based upon performance factors, but rather playing time factors (surely not the sole reasoning but a component for sure).

They may try to land a free agent backup for cheap if they can find one. It worked well for the Wild (Backstrom)

I wonder if that means the Goofers will lose Frazee? :)

I wonder if that means the Goofers will lose Frazee? :)

Doubtful. I keep reading that goaltenders take longer to develop than other players. Since Lou seems to be willing to wait for players to develop and has a knack for snatching players who are ready right away or close to it (Commodore, Hale, Parise, and Zajac are examples), I'd be surprised if Lou rushed Frazee. Frazee wasn't very effective against the Sioux, but neither was Briggs or really any goaltender (other than BC's Schneider) the second half of last season. THey were effective once late last season (WCHA Final Five Championship game). That being said, I would NOT be surprised to see Frazee finish out his eligibility at Minnesota before getting signed by NJ (he WILL be signed, I assure you). Really, this is the year for Frazee. He's now the most experienced of the Gopher goaltending staff (Solei doesn't count). If Kangas beats him out for the starting role, then Frazee will be in trouble, but anything short of that and he'll be ok.

That being said, I would NOT be surprised to see Frazee finish out his eligibility at Minnesota before getting signed by NJ (he WILL be signed, I assure you). Really, this is the year for Frazee. He's now the most experienced of the Gopher goaltending staff (Solei doesn't count). If Kangas beats him out for the starting role, then Frazee will be in trouble, but anything short of that and he'll be ok.

I am fine with Frazee finishing out his elgiblity with the gophers. Seems the Sioux have done pretty good against him. Kind of sad to see Kellin Briggs go as well..

From Hockeybuzz.com

Drew Stafford looks to be in mid season form.

He spent the better part of two hours cranking howitzers at Sabres prospect goalie, Nick Eno. Eno and free agent G Devine will need to apply ice bags to their chest and shoulders tonight!

Staff told me that he's taking off from Buffalo on Thursday. He's heading back to Minnesota. Staff told me that he bought a house on a beautiful golf course. He'll spend the rest of the dog days of Summer, playing 18 with his great friend, Zach Parise. Parise and his brother live right down the road from Staff. I asked Drew if Zach and he have talked about playing in the pros togther. Drew smiles and nods his head. Staff will return to Buffalo in late August to get himself ready for a rigorous training camp.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8541

Todd Alexander

# 5

Defense - D

Height: 5-11 Weight: 190

Freshman

Previous Affiliations

Fargo-NAHL

Hometown

New Hope, Minn.

Anybody know if this is the same Todd Alexaneder playing at St. Thomas?

I guess I just answered my own question.

Played 2004-2005 in Juniors with Fargo-Moorhead Jets... walk-on at Division I North Dakota last season... Finance major with 3.50 gpa... 2003 graduate of Robbinsdale Armstrong high, where he was all-conference and played Great 8 Senior all-star game in hockey; also was captain in soccer and 2X football letterwinner... born 12-21-84... son of Judy and Robert Anderson of New Hope.

## Name GP G A Pts Shots Pct +/- No-Min Min Maj Oth PP SH FG GW GTG OT HT PN UA

3 Todd Alexander 27 4 5 9 32 .125 +3 13-26 8 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Chicago Blackhawks - Pensacola Ice Pilots - UND Connection

Ice Pilots Team Up With Chicago, Rockford

Chicago possesses a slew of young talent including the number one pick from the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, Patrick Kane, who had 145 points (62 Goals - 83 Assists) in 58 games with the London Knights (OHL) last season. Chicago also recently came to terms with its top pick, and third overall, from the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, Jonathan Toews, who spent the last two years at the University of North Dakota.

Ice Pilots coach is John Marks, former Sioux and former Blackhawk.

yeah he signed july 11th....make your own former gophers thread as who cares :lol::D

Just saying he signed yesterday...by the way...I owe you some money, hehe! I got it don't worry, I just didn't sort through my friends money so I know what to give him. Shoot me a pm tonight!

Just saying he signed yesterday...by the way...I owe you some money, hehe! I got it don't worry, I just didn't sort through my friends money so I know what to give him. Shoot me a pm tonight!

i know, just fkn wit ya :D