SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

:D

I think that is right.

Stafford will be a regular next year. He and Vanek had some nice chemistry down the stretch. If you watched the game, I'm sure you held your head in your hands like i did after he rushed the wrap-around and Emery made the save. He was inches from putting them up 3-2 and a great chance to win the game. He had a nice season and a good start to his NHL career.

Stafford didn't do too badly tonight though he did nearly score a wrap around goal that would have ended the game in regulation. My only explanation as to why he missed is that an Ottawa player must have gotten a stick on Stafford's stick because the net was WIDE open and the puck slid harmlessly across the upper crease to Emery.

I didn't get to watch OT but Buffalo looked a little better tonight. At the time of this post I have not seen the final score, but I'm assuming Ottawa won it. Next year will be better.

As for Briere and Drury moving on and so on, I think Buffalo will keep one of these two. If I were the Sabres GM, I'd probably take Drury. Both are fantastic players.

Stafford didn't do too badly tonight though he did nearly score a wrap around goal that would have ended the game in regulation. My only explanation as to why he missed is that an Ottawa player must have gotten a stick on Stafford's stick because the net was WIDE open and the puck slid harmlessly across the upper crease to Emery.

I didn't get to watch OT but Buffalo looked a little better tonight. At the time of this post I have not seen the final score, but I'm assuming Ottawa won it. Next year will be better.

As for Briere and Drury moving on and so on, I think Buffalo will keep one of these two. If I were the Sabres GM, I'd probably take Drury. Both are fantastic players.

The Rumor is that the Habs want Briere in a bad way. Drury is going to be worth some money on the open market and has a knack of scoring huge goals at big times.

I was watching overtime. Turned my head for a second and the game was over. Didn't even get to see the goal.

I was watching overtime. Turned my head for a second and the game was over. Didn't even get to see the goal.

Doesn't matter. Buffalo didn't play this series very well at all. I was amazed at how reluctant they were to shoot the puck.

Well, I hope they resign Drury. It would be nice if they could sign Briere and trade him so that the Sabres could get something for him (perhaps a nice first round draft pick or a few draft picks).

I'm really not sure what the Sabres will do this offseason. Unlike the Wild, it's not obvious to me what the Sabres need.

EDIT: Saw the highlights of the game now. ALfredsson beats Miller coming in 1 on 3. Great goal but seriously, he was one on three! SHouldn't someone have taken the body on the guy? It was a beautiful goal nonetheless that there was nothing Ryan Miller could do about it. I'll say it again: Miller was by far the best Sabre in this series. Drury and Briere had their moments, but only Miller can say that he did well this playoff series.

Does anybody know if Jason Blake is going to sign with the Islanders or sign with someone else?

Nobody knows.

The Islanders want to resign him. Philadelphia and Minnesota are reportedly interested.

Sorry Wild fans, but I hope Jason lands somewhere other than Minnesota. Yeah, I'd love to see him closer to home, but I don't see his attitude meshing well with LeMaire and his playing style meshing with the Wild's "system."

Nobody knows.

The Islanders want to resign him. Philadelphia and Minnesota are reportedly interested.

Sorry Wild fans, but I hope Jason lands somewhere other than Minnesota. Yeah, I'd love to see him closer to home, but I don't see his attitude meshing well with LeMaire and his playing style meshing with the Wild's "system."

Not to mention the Wild have the ugliest uniforms in all of professional sports.

Not to mention the Wild have the ugliest uniforms in all of professional sports.

I really don't care about what the uni's look like. I'd rather have ugly jerseys and great players (win games) then male models in ultra cool jerseys who can't win s^&t.

It's my first mention of JT under former players :D , but saw they formerly introduced JT to the Blackhawks in a press conference, just showed the conference on ComcastNet TV and they even made a pun about this JT bringing sexyback. :silly:???:0