SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

That is a good story on Hrkac. It does get me to feeling a bit old, though. I graduated from UND in 1987, and Tony was fairly young then when he went pro early. It's a bit startling realizing that I've been out of school for the whole career of someone like Hrkac. 19 years is a pretty good pro career.

Is there anyone from that 1987 team still playing?

That is a good story on Hrkac. It does get me to feeling a bit old, though. I graduated from UND in 1987, and Tony was fairly young then when he went pro early. It's a bit startling realizing that I've been out of school for the whole career of someone like Hrkac. 19 years is a pretty good pro career.

Is there anyone from that 1987 team still playing?

ed belfour :D

Yikes. I not so sure I'd like to see that.

Looks like Greene tried to get into it with Commie with about 30 seconds left in tonights game. The Oilers were just coming unglued and taking lots of penalties. La Roque had a 5 min checking from behind major with about 4 minutes left.

Looks like Greene tried to get into it with Commie with about 30 seconds left in tonights game. The Oilers were just coming unglued and taking lots of penalties. La Roque had a 5 min checking from behind major with about 4 minutes left.

I was watching the game but missed that near the end. I did see Greene paste someone to the boards behind the net, and he was working someone else over shortly thereafter, but I didn't notice Commie in the area.

I was watching the game but missed that near the end. I did see Greene paste someone to the boards behind the net, and he was working someone else over shortly thereafter, but I didn't notice Commie in the area.

It wasn't Commie, but Craig Adams, who wears #27, which can easily be confused with #22 (Commie). Greene was hitting him pretty good because Adams was holding his stick, and Matt was trying to get it loose.

Edmonton just moght as well not put a goalie in net. theyd do better without one anyways.

I dont think the Oilers goalie is to blame in this loss. He made some really good saves. IMO the rest of the team didnt show up to play. It got obvious near the end of the game with all of the cheap shots.

I dont think the Oilers goalie is to blame in this loss. He made some really good saves. IMO the rest of the team didnt show up to play. It got obvious near the end of the game with all of the cheap shots.

The goals scored on Conklin looked just plain terrible. but, it was not all his fault, i did notice there were defensmen standing around. THEY ARE MAKING ME SO MAD!!!

The goals scored on Conklin looked just plain terrible. but, it was not all his fault, i did notice there were defensmen standing around. THEY ARE MAKING ME SO MAD!!!

Are you talking about last nights game? Conklin wasnt in net tonight, Markkinen (sp) was.

just looking back at the game, there were three goals that markannen had no chance at. two were deflections that just took wierd bounces. recchi's play was awesome, but did anyone notice a d-man on him? stillmans was kinda flukey and happened with under 3 seconds left in the period.

while you can't blame markannen for the loss, because obviously edmonton's offense failed to show up. ward made all those saves that markannen just couldn't get to. if you get a chance, watch the highlight of game 1... the overhead view of the crease of the scramble where the penalty shot is called. ward is like a four year old playing goalie... sliding everywhere, looking through six guys to find the shooter. it's incredible.

I would blame the defense for the loss. Georges Laraque layed one of the dirtest hits I have seen for some time, he should be suspended. It was obvious what he was out there to do, I don't think he played more than 5 minutes the whole game. I was hoping someone would have pasted him but the ref got him off the ice before the game could get out of hand. Good call by the ref. That about same way that Erik Cole got hurt and put of for the rest of the season.

I would blame the defense for the loss. Georges Laraque layed one of the dirtest hits I have seen for some time, he should be suspended. It was obvious what he was out there to do, I don't think he played more than 5 minutes the whole game. I was hoping someone would have pasted him but the ref got him off the ice before the game could get out of hand. Good call by the ref. That about same way that Erik Cole got hurt and put of for the rest of the season.

Laaraque is a complete GOON!! Players like that do not even belong in the league. That was a very dirty hit and that player very easily could have had a Bina type injury. I can't stand that goon. Someone needs to whip that guy's ass. Problem is he is like 6'4" and 250 pounds so it is easier said than done. He is a thug on skates.