SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

:)

Plenty of verbage, as usual. Care to revise this prediction? Did you assume Demarchi would get by with hits from behind? Or was he planning on starting to check guys face to face when he got to the AHL/NHL?

Yikes.... what a bad prediction. Hale has graduated from the top 20 prospects list and DeMarchi has gone down. I will stand by the prediction at the time I made it though, I really thought Hale's kidney problem would cause trouble and it did for a little bit, but I didn't think DeMarchi would falter like he did.

How about Barry Tallackson though? I thought he had nothing exitting the U and now they are raving about him in Albany. Oh well. I was wrong about DeMarchi.

Wasn't the first time ;) ;)

:)

Yikes.... what a bad prediction. Hale has graduated from the top 20 prospects list and DeMarchi has gone down. I will stand by the prediction at the time I made it though, I really thought Hale's kidney problem would cause trouble and it did for a little bit, but I didn't think DeMarchi would falter like he did.

How about Barry Tallackson though? I thought he had nothing exitting the U and now they are raving about him in Albany. Oh well. I was wrong about DeMarchi.

Wasn't the first time ;) ;)

And won't be the last? ;) Sorry, I just had to do that. It wouldn't have been right without the rest of the quote! ;)

Greene on green:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Oilers/2...596871-sun.html

hot dogs and mustard all the way! ;)

"It definitely felt like I missed out on something," Greene said of failing to capture the NCAA title. "At the same time,I felt like I had a chance to play on this team and I had to take it."

That says it for all of our young men leaving with eligibility left. I miss 'em but I don't begrudge them!!! :)

i thought greene's huge open ice check tonight was pretty sweet..not sure who it was on though..anyone else see it?

I saw that... it was on Moen. It was beautiful. It was like he was in true Fighting Sioux form with that hit :)

Greene's tripping call didn't look like tripping to me via the camera angles shown, but his back was to the camera so I didn't see the stick work.

The BS call of the night was Dustin Penner's goaltender interference call. He bumps into Roloson as Roloson was moving out of the crease and Penner goes. BS call. They just bumped. They should have let the game continue.

Anyways, I will say two things about this game:

1. Edmonton got lucky. They came out in the first period and looked rather pedestrian. Roloson looked solid (I feel bad, really!, for the Wild. Two great goaltenders and they didn't even know what they had..). Thank goodness they got lucky during the second period. Anaheim dominated this game.

2. Congrats to Edmonton. Sometimes the other team can do nearly everything right and it doesn't go their way. Tonight you bent just enough not to snap and you came away with the victory. Good luck in the finals.

Greene's tripping call didn't look like tripping to me via the camera angles shown, but his back was to the camera so I didn't see the stick work.

The BS call of the night was Dustin Penner's goaltender interference call. He bumps into Roloson as Roloson was moving out of the crease and Penner goes. BS call. They just bumped. They should have let the game continue.

Anyways, I will say two things about this game:

1. Edmonton got lucky. They came out in the first period and looked rather pedestrian. Roloson looked solid (I feel bad, really!, for the Wild. Two great goaltenders and they didn't even know what they had..). Thank goodness they got lucky during the second period. Anaheim dominated this game.

2. Congrats to Edmonton. Sometimes the other team can do nearly everything right and it doesn't go their way. Tonight you bent just enough not to snap and you came away with the victory. Good luck in the finals.

I think the Oilers got lucky as a team, nothing wrong with being lucky. They got all of the breaks and that happens sometimes in sports, the Oilers had the flu and they survived. The Ducks are a good team that can fly. That being said if Commies team gets to the final hopefully one of the D-man will bring the cup back to grand forks, at least I hope.

On to Rolli I am kind of glad that the Wild traded him to the Oilers, Rolli is a big baby who acts like he has been shot everytime someone bumps into him. If anyone had complaints this past season it was the Sioux goaltenders. Rolli goes balistic everytime someone come near him.

Whatever team that makes it from the east is going to be in Rolli's crease the whole game. I know I would if I was the coach of either team. Anytime you can rattle a goalie it can work to your favor.

Last night's game was very exciting to watch as a fan.

I think the Oilers got lucky as a team, nothing wrong with being lucky. They got all of the breaks and that happens sometimes in sports, the Oilers had the flu and they survived. The Ducks are a good team that can fly. That being said if Commies team gets to the final hopefully one of the D-man will bring the cup back to grand forks, at least I hope.

On to Rolli I am kind of glad that the Wild traded him to the Oilers, Rolli is a big baby who acts like he has been shot everytime someone bumps into him. If anyone had complaints this past season it was the Sioux goaltenders. Rolli goes balistic everytime someone come near him.

Whatever team that makes it from the east is going to be in Rolli's crease the whole game. I know I would if I was the coach of either team. Anytime you can rattle a goalie it can work to your favor.

Last night's game was very exciting to watch as a fan.

Roloson is feisty as a goaltender. He doesn't like people entering the crease and bumping into him, but he doesn't do a full gainer every time he's touched like Hasek (Parise it hurts bad mouthing one of my all time favorite goaltenders) does. When Roli was with the Wild, I just wonder if some of it was the frustration that comes from not getting anything going his way. The Wild never scored for Roli. They never did anything but play 60 minutes of penalty kill style hockey when he was in the nets. Plus, he also knew that his career was going nowhere (like the Wild when it comes to post season chances) behind Fernandez. Stuff like that eats at a goaltender. Especially since goaltenders have a reputation of being somewhat eccentric to begin with.

Ryan Miller is the same way. We saw that tonight when he got up in Justin William's face, legs, ankles...

Commodore had a pretty good game if you don't count the hiccup that resulted in that goal by Lydman (Or Ludeman if you are the commentators ;) ). The commentators blamed it on Commodore and Wesley, but I think Commodore was just beat and he did his best to get in when Wesley decided to try to luge his way back into position for some dumb reason and that basically sprung Lydman.

i posted this same info in spirkos thread but it belongs here as well

dont know if this has been posted but here is a link to where spirko has signed, if im not mistaken this is the same team he played for before he came to UND

http://www.eurohockey.net/transfers/last_7_days.html

http://www.eurohockey.net/teams/transfers....am=MHC%20Martin

Posted 26/5/2006: Rastislav Spirko (F)

From University of North Dakota (NCAA) to MHC Martin

Added By: Joeri Loonen, Status: Confirmed

here is the team home page as well..good luck reading the spirko article ;)

http://www.mhcmartin.sk/

Ryan Miller is the same way. We saw that tonight when he got up in Justin William's face, legs, ankles...

Goalies shouldn't get too emotional, kind of like pitchers shouldn't, the players are trying to get them rattled. I suppose it would be tough not to get mad if someone is trying to run you over. One stick to the cup area would probably keep most players out of the net.

Goalies shouldn't get too emotional, kind of like pitchers shouldn't, the players are trying to get them rattled. I suppose it would be tough not to get mad if someone is trying to run you over. One stick to the cup area would probably keep most players out of the net.

Billy Smith had this down to a tee during the Islander hay-days in the early 80's.

Billy Smith had this down to a tee during the Islander hay-days in the early 80's.

Billy Smith was one tough sob, no one came near his crease, well not more than once, the man was nuts and everyone knew it same with Ron Hextall. However, I don't recall them whinning to the refs a lot like Rolli has done. Billy would even skate of the ice with his stick out. I saw him play one time in Boston Garden against the Bruins and you could see the players from the B's wanted nothing to do with him.

Here is a key if they players is standing in your crease give him a light tap to see if he is wearing a cup.

I would have loved seeing Parise do that Stoa, I am pretty sure Stoa would have though twice about going into the blue paint.

Here is a key if they players is standing in your crease give him a light tap to see if he is wearing a cup.

I would have loved seeing Parise do that Stoa, I am pretty sure Stoa would have though twice about going into the blue paint.

And I'm sure you would enjoy the hordes of Gopher faithful mobbing this site and USCHO dedicating whole threads to how cheap Parise is, if that became a regular practice. ;):lol:

And I'm sure you would enjoy the hordes of Gopher faithful mobbing this site and USCHO dedicating whole threads to how cheap Parise is, if that became a regular practice. ;):D

You are probably right, I suppose, we would hear how much of a hack Jordan Parise is and how they can't believe that UND would do this type of a thing? :lol:

I'd personally have trouble using the term "lucky" to describe Edmonton's playoff run. They dispatched the President's Trophy winners in six. The beat San Jose, the hottest Western Conference team entering the playoffs, four straight times to take the series in six. And they bounced the Ducks in five games. I don't buy luck being the largest factor in a run that long and impressive.

I can't say I watched a lot of Wild regular season games over the past few years, but I am an Oiler fan and caught 3/4 of their games after they acquired Roloson and I was surprised at how much he works the officials. If he didn't currently play for my favorite team, I might be inclined to call him a whiner.

But I have to give him this much; he never gets rattled by the crease-crashing and extra whacks at the puck. It seems like he's making a conscious effort to "work" the officials, and I think you saw that pay off in Game 5 against the Ducks when Anaheim was whistled twice for goalie interference (and the Penner call was a phantom call).

Roloson has made himself a lot of money with each passing round and I would have no problem with Edmonton re-signing him to a two-year deal.

I'd personally have trouble using the term "lucky" to describe Edmonton's playoff run. They dispatched the President's Trophy winners in six. The beat San Jose, the hottest Western Conference team entering the playoffs, four straight times to take the series in six. And they bounced the Ducks in five games. I don't buy luck being the largest factor in a run that long and impressive.

I can't say I watched a lot of Wild regular season games over the past few years, but I am an Oiler fan and caught 3/4 of their games after they acquired Roloson and I was surprised at how much he works the officials. If he didn't currently play for my favorite team, I might be inclined to call him a whiner.

But I have to give him this much; he never gets rattled by the crease-crashing and extra whacks at the puck. It seems like he's making a conscious effort to "work" the officials, and I think you saw that pay off in Game 5 against the Ducks when Anaheim was whistled twice for goalie interference (and the Penner call was a phantom call).

Roloson has made himself a lot of money with each passing round and I would have no problem with Edmonton re-signing him to a two-year deal.

he has done a hell of a job getting the oilers through the playoffs. the only thing i cant stand about roloson is his damn helmet flopping off every game. he wears it very very loose and if the time arises he shakes it off. very annoying and makes him look like a fool as the anouncers get on him pretty good.

screw the roloson got the oilers to the finals talk, we all know the real reason the oilers will be playing for the holy grail and he is the man pictured below ;)

61_1_b.JPG

he has done a hell of a job getting the oilers through the playoffs. the only thing i cant stand about roloson is his damn helmet flopping off every game. he wears it very very loose and if the time arises he shakes it off. very annoying and makes him look like a fool as the anouncers get on him pretty good.

screw the roloson got the oilers to the finals talk, we all know the real reason the oilers will be playing for the holy grail and he is the man pictured below ;)

61_1_b.JPG

Bob Boughner? :D:lol:

I'd personally have trouble using the term "lucky" to describe Edmonton's playoff run.

If I remember right they were lucky to get into the playoffs they barely made the 8th seed. I wouldn't call defeating the Red Wings that big of a deal. Anyone could see that one coming. So luckily their goaltender Roloson saved their bacon, I know they have been out shot in a few of the games they have played.

I personally hate the Oilers, goes back to the days when they were good in the late 1980's and early 1990's and they beat my Boston Bruins in the stanley Cup. It goes back to the when they had the great one and there were winning it every year. I personally think their luck has run out. I still think either Carolina or Buffalo will handle them in 6 games.

Edited by Goon