SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

bochenski nets another goal in the senators last pre season game...

parise will be wearing #9 with the devils...

matt jones still waiting to hear if he makes the team wit the coyotes, gretzky really likes his style of play and if he does get sent to san antonio he wont be there for long...

jason blake, isles

ed belfour, toronto

lee goren still up with the canucks...

commodore still up with carolina...

david hale still up with devils...

previously noted info...

greene sent down to iowa

schneider sent down to scranton

Curtis Murphy, Brian Lundbohlm, Aaron Schneekloth ,Houston Aeros

travis roche, chicago wolves

David Lundbohm, Providence Bruins.

Rory McMahon, Greenville Growl

i did some research on these players but its tough right now because full rosters have not yet been posted..if anyone has info please post. i checked all of these players below from their last season teams but could not find them. thanks

tim o'connel ?

Ryan Bayda ?

jeff ulmer ?

tony hrkac ?

jason noterman ?

Chris Leinweber ?

Kevin Spiewak ?

Chad Mazurak ?

bryan lundbohm ?

Trevor Hammer ?

jason ulmer ?

Not Sioux related but, according to this Hockeys Future article, Ryan Potulny turned down a contract offer this offseason for one more year. So that's one for sure defection next year for the Gophers.

Trevor Hammer- New Mexico Scorpions. Ok, the link is old but they don't have their roster up yet for this year. So, this is the only link I could find on him.

Jeff Ulmer plays in the DEL for Hamburg. So far in 8 games, he has 3g-2a-5pts. Hockeydb profile.

Jason Ulmer plays for Kassel of the DEL. So far in 9 games he is 4g-2a-6pts. Hockeydb profile.

Bryan Lundbohm, as mentioned earlier is with the Houston Aeros of the AHL.

No new info on Bayda, Leinweber (despite there being another Chris Leinweber from Calgary no less who is the owner of some dental ceramics business), Jason Notermann, Tony Hrkac (though something tells me he retired), Chad Mazurak, Kevin Spiewak, and Tim O'Connell.

No new info on Bayda, Leinweber (despite there being another Chris Leinweber from Calgary no less who is the owner of some dental ceramics business), Jason Notermann, Tony Hrkac (though something tells me he retired), Chad Mazurak, Kevin Spiewak, and Tim O'Connell.

Kevin Spiewak has moved on to a career in business.

So.......what's taking so darn long for the official 23-man rosters to be announced and posted? They were all supposed to be in NHL offices this morning. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thought they had today and tomorrow to set line-ups. Heard on a preseason telecast that, under the new agreement, any one-way players with guaranteed NHL contracts, if not kept with the NHL team, have to be put on waivers, which could mean teams with less than the full complement of 50 players under one-way contracts may be looking to pick up some of these players.

Matt Jones was assigned to San Antonio.

Looks like Goren will stay with Vancouver.  :silly:

Vancouver Roster

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I followed your link. As of now, the roster still lists 24 players--one over the new limit. I think the final roster is due by 3PM today. The buzz on the Canucks section of the Hockey's Future board is that it's a battle between Goren and Bouck for the last roster spot. Most of the fans on the board seem to prefer Goren.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=177723

The Buffalo Sabres website reported that James Patrick's retirement lasted 3 weeks. He had taken an assistant coach position with the team, and once he got out on the ice coaching, got the itch to play again. He is playing in Germany this season. The Sabres let him know the assistant coach position will be waiting for him when he decided to retire for good. What a gamer, 20 years in the NHL wasn't enough. Its too bad there are not any tapes of games from the '82 Championship team floating around for you younger fans to see. He was a joy to watch. It was an extremely talented team, having 12 or 13 guys who went to the NHL.

Its too bad there are not any tapes of games from the '82 Championship team floating around for you younger fans to see.  He was a joy to watch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. James Patrick is my alltime favorite Sioux defenseman. Brian Lee has a similar build and a rough approximation of Patrick's skill set (at age 18).

Its too bad there are not any tapes of games from the '82 Championship team floating around for you younger fans to see.  He was a joy to watch. It was an extremely talented team, having 12 or 13  guys who went to the NHL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are a few floating around. Best freshmen class ever, and the reason I'm not ready to say any freshmen class, or several members of it, can't step in and be both productive and successful in their first year.