SiouxSports.com Forum

MEET THE SIOUX

Tommiejo

do the kids have to skate to be a part of this. i know my daughter would love to go but she is not the best skater yet and the whole no parents on the ice makes me nervous

from brads notes listed above

Kids ages 3-14 will be able to skate with the men's and women's teams on the Olympic rink from 3-4 p.m. The kids must be able to skate on their own because parents will not be allowed on the ice.

If anyone is taking pics and would be willing to let me use some for making wallpapers please let me know. I had planned to take some myself but will be out of town that weekend :D . I took the summer off but would like to make some new ones for this season and at least one for each of the new players. I would welcome ideas/suggestions too. Thanks,

J

For those of us who can't access the blog is there a start time for this?

It is the 28th right?

From Brad's blog:

Kids ages 3-14 will be able to skate with the men's and women's teams on the Olympic rink from 3-4 p.m. The kids must be able to skate on their own because parents will not be allowed on the ice.

After that, there will be an autograph signing session in the main concourse of Ralph Engelstad Arena from 4-5 p.m. Autograph cards will be provided for free by the Herald or you can bring your own item.

And it is on Sept. 28.

While I am too old to skate with the Sioux, I arrived early for the autograph session and some of the players were still on the ice. I noticed that Duncan was wearing a C, while Finley was wearing an A.... didn't see any letters other than that, maybe someone who was there earlier can fill us in on the rest?

While I am too old to skate with the Sioux, I arrived early for the autograph session and some of the players were still on the ice. I noticed that Duncan was wearing a C, while Finley was wearing an A.... didn't see any letters other than that, maybe someone who was there earlier can fill us in on the rest?

watkins and jones wore the other a's

So, on the subject of details on jerseys, I just noticed that there is the word "Sioux" on the ND on the shoulder of Dunc's jersey. Is that new, or have I just been oblivious until now?

thats new for sure and im so happy to see zach jones get the A as well as he has been a damn good solid defensive D man and had a hell of a season last year and earned that A along with finlkey and watkins. great to see mr hobey get the C

It's new, and hopefully an indication that the school is dedicated to keeping the name. Has anybody noticed the words "Fighting Sioux" within the interlocking "ND" logo on the replica football helmets being sold in the Sioux Shop? It isn't on the helmets the players wear. What's up with that?

It is one way to further distinguish UND's interlocking ND from Notre Dame's interlocking ND.

Perhaps, but that isn't really what I was asking. Does anybody know why it is on the replica helmets but not the real ones worn by the players?

who knows, maybe just a idea they had when designing them. i doubt theres a significant reason for it

I hope since they got new home uniforms they'll be selling all the old ones. I liked how they did it a few years ago with the Swift jerseys up for auction on the internet. Gave people that aren't able to attend home games a chance to bid. I hope to see that word Sioux attached to the ND forever.