SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on satellite?

northfieldsioux22

What do you think of Satelite TV being webcast on the Internet ? http://www.tvunetworks.com/

I think thats against the law Fetch. Unless someone buys the rights of course. Otherwise I could easily re-broadcast the games in digital quality on the PSB FTA SHOW TV Channel :D

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/psb-fta-satellite-show

I would be willing to do it if we could find a legal way round it :D

• Downvote 1

Thanks for posting 'Reformed Gphr Fan' (My wifes a Gphr so I know what you are going through :D ) At least I am sure all the Sioux fans over at VisionPlus.US will be glad it's settled at last.

Hope reformed fan is right since it's not yet listed on the REA web site. I see reformed has deleted the initial post. Reformed, where did the info come from; please confirm it's correct before fans start moving their fixed systems.

Hope reformed fan is right since it's not yet listed on the REA web site. I see reformed has deleted the initial post. Reformed, where did the info come from; please confirm it's correct before fans start moving their fixed systems.

Unbeknowst to me, I wasn't supposed to share that information quite so publicly (i.e., here), which is why I removed the post. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. UND should be confirming the coordinates in the next few days.

Unbeknowst to me, I wasn't supposed to share that information quite so publicly (i.e., here), which is why I removed the post. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. UND should be confirming the coordinates in the next few days.

Thanks for the info; would be nice for fixed fans to make it official ASAP. Hope that doesn't mean I have to delete the tp I entered in my traxis :D

I just bought M-2 FTA-Mercury II from the sadoun website. Anybody think it'll be to tough to rig up? I should be ok to get signal from the satellite in North East Denver right? Any advice is appreciated.

hey Sioux Fan in Denver, did you get your system up and running yet. I live in denver and I have tasked myself to pick a motorized system and buy it this weekend so I'm wondering if it all worked out for you with the system you have?

hey Sioux Fan in Denver, did you get your system up and running yet. I live in denver and I have tasked myself to pick a motorized system and buy it this weekend so I'm wondering if it all worked out for you with the system you have?

It made it to commerce city last night, should get it monday. Installed on Tuesday. Will post how it went then.

Just a question for anyone with DishNetwork. I am thinking about getting the multi-sport package for the hockey season and I already get the Center Ice package but wanted to see if it's worth it as far as getting more college hockey games. Would I be getting any of the Sioux games possibly out east or when they are playing at the Great Lakes Tourney or does it just get the games in my region that I would normally get. Thanks in advance.

Just a question for anyone with DishNetwork. I am thinking about getting the multi-sport package for the hockey season and I already get the Center Ice package but wanted to see if it's worth it as far as getting more college hockey games. Would I be getting any of the Sioux games possibly out east or when they are playing at the Great Lakes Tourney or does it just get the games in my region that I would normally get. Thanks in advance.

The eastern FSNs in the sports pak get several BU games (NESN, I think), so could well get the icebreaker, also some ECAC games. You'll get FSRM (Denver) so will probably get those games when the Sioux are there (are they this year?). The Great Lakes Tourney is almost always on Fox Detroit, so you'd get that, as well as other Mich/MSU/Miami games. If you're in the TC region, you obviously already get Gopher and Badger games.

I added to my account hoping to get more games........i guess we'll see. I know $5.99/month isn't alot....but i hope it's worth it.

Centre Ice is a NHL package. They have no college games on them

The multi-sport pack is great for college hockey

NESN has east games

FSN Detroit has CCHA games

FSN RM has Denver

plus you get the goofers on FSN N and Bucky on the sports alternate channels

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Centre Ice is a NHL package. They have no college games on them

The multi-sport pack is great for college hockey

NESN has east games

FSN Detroit has CCHA games

FSN RM has Denver

plus you get the goofers on FSN N and Bucky on the sports alternate channels

I know that the Center Ice package is only the NHL but my main question was whether or not I would be able to get those channels that you listed. I have heard of people that order the multi-sport pack and end up getting very few new channels because the end up being blacked out and only get games in their region. Is this the case or do you end up getting the FSN Detroit's and RM all of the time as well as NESN for the east games?

I know that the Center Ice package is only the NHL but my main question was whether or not I would be able to get those channels that you listed. I have heard of people that order the multi-sport pack and end up getting very few new channels because the end up being blacked out and only get games in their region. Is this the case or do you end up getting the FSN Detroit's and RM all of the time as well as NESN for the east games?

I have Directv and I don't recall having a problem with the college games being blacked out.

I have Directv and I don't recall having a problem with the college games being blacked out.

They won't be, unless it is part of a subscription programming,ie, Center Ice or the Sunday Ticket. Only then do they blackout games that aren't sell outs and if it is on a local channel for you. I think, I could be full of it. :D

The Install went pretty good had to call Sadoun and ask some questions about where to set the dish and motor elevations, but it's a really neat toy. Now I just need to find some good programs to watch til Oct. 5th.

Has the move been confirmed? I didn't see it anywhere on the UND site...

Still not confirmed on the REA web site, so I guess not yet.

I've got the transponder info at which the station scanned in if anyone wants it to enter in their stb menu. May not be worth repointing for fixed system owners, however, until the official site shows up on the REA web site.

I hope they use that transponder, as it's the most powerful signal I'm getting from any satellite. Wouldn't guess, though, that it will be powered up again until 15 minutes before the Manitoba game start.

thanks ice...that works for me...

Although it will likely be on 91W, it almost certainly wont' be on 93 again, since there is little power left there. So, if the REA changes it's mind again, you'll just have one extra move. I'd expected the tp to be listed by now after the testing day, but it's still not there.

it wont be on 93...even though G11 (which was at 91) moved to 93 to help out we wont see much on 93 for a while (until G25 moves from 97 to 93 after G19 replaces G25 at 97 soon) :silly:

Also highly unlikely they'd change their mind. If they did that gives a bunch of cable co's not much leeway to test equipment at a "new" satellite spot. Folks have said the transponder dang near or did max out meters on receivers so unless something catastrophic happened (or the ralph wants to piss away money by testing a bunch of spots) it will be at 91

• Upvote 1