SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on satellite?

northfieldsioux22

I luv Star (satellite) Wars .............sorry Jim :lol:

Now where can I get Dish or Direct just for April thru Oct. to take to the lake ? ???

& once again this yr - who will sell / install the other one here in GF ? - without all the techno blab :huh:

Sprig lives to far out in the commons & most likely would not want to work when he comes down here - But I'd give you a commission (or all the beer you can drink) ;)

Dish Network have a new PAY AS YOU GO account for part time viewers, you may want to look into that! You ONLY pay when you are actually watching TV. ideal for part timers!

Last season I was in contact with a local GF installer who seemed to know his stuff. If I find his contact info I will send it to you !

Sprig lives to far out in the commons & most likely would not want to work when he comes down here - But I'd give you a commission (or all the beer you can drink) ???

With all the beer I could drink, your chances of getting installed and pointed would be slim and none. You really want that done by someone who has done it professionally, I'm not anywhere near that level, nor do I have the equipment to get it done right. I bumbled my way through my own installation, but only had the guts to try it since I'd once installed my own directtv system many years ago. Also, if I end up in GF, the installation would be attempted in a big hurry, trying to get done and get to the REA for the hockey game. I do got by GF occasionally, actually stayed in town last Thursday night, unfortunately too late to make the fb game.

The pay as you go dishnetwork installation works great, we have one for our temps at the trailer at our shop. I think we paid about $150 for the equipment and installation, then you buy paid up cards for $40 a pop, then choose whatever programming you want. When the $40 is used up, you buy another card, so you can start and stop as you wish. I'm guessing some installers in GF would do it for a better price than that.

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/content/media/media_fb.htm

Will be interesting to see where they go (they were on 93W for most of last season) when they uplink a game. Their road game was not on satellite last weekend (as far as I know). The coordinates are posted on the above site sometime Thursday before each Saturday game, when they uplink.

I'd guess the coordinates should show up Thursday for this Saturday's home game. Like the FSSN, they power up 15 minutes or so before game time.

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/content/media/media_fb.htm

Will be interesting to see where they go (they were on 93W for most of last season) when they uplink a game. Their road game was not on satellite last weekend (as far as I know). The coordinates are posted on the above site sometime Thursday before each Saturday game, when they uplink.

I'd guess the coordinates should show up Thursday for this Saturday's home game. Like the FSSN, they power up 15 minutes or so before game time.

The Montana game at Cal Poly this past Saturday was on AMC 15 (105 W). Good strong signal.

The Montana game at Cal Poly this past Saturday was on AMC 15 (105 W). Good strong signal.

Thanks, I totally forgot about looking for it. Guess that means, since all their games will be televised, that both home and road games will be uplinked. Hope we get to this with Sioux football on FSSN also sometime in the future, at least for home games.

Guess you must have a motor, bincity? 105W is a strong sat, but I hadn't found anything there previously, as it is (was?) primarily directtv scrambled stations, I believe. In fact, I usually just motor right by it; I'll have to reenter it as a usals stop in my traxis menu.

Thanks! OK, couple more questions...will one of those Slingbox things work with an FTA system so I can watch the games at work? And what is better quality to run from a laptop to a plasma...VGA, or S-Video?

Thanks!

Yes Bob, one member of the VisionPlus.US forum just worked out all the codes for the TRAXIS DBS 3500 recently!

I often log onto his receiver to show folks how it works!

http://visionplus.us/smf/index.php?topic=4433.0

S-Video is best for video but you also have to run audio cables also, as S-Video ONLY does video :lol:

Thanks! OK, couple more questions...will one of those Slingbox things work with an FTA system so I can watch the games at work? And what is better quality to run from a laptop to a plasma...VGA, or S-Video?

Thanks!

Edit: now that Pete gave a link to using a slingbox with the traxis, I won't try to post an answer to something I know absolutely nothing about :lol:

SVideo is better than VGA, if you have both ouputs on your notebook (supposedly, I probably couldn't tell the difference, although I don't have a laptop and am not set up to run video streams to my hdtv).

Edit: looks like Pete and I have a post at the same time thing going lately

Got to love those motors. "As I often say Buying a Satellite system without a motor is like buying a car without wheels." :lol:

unless you have a T90 dish then you don't have to wait for the dish to move and you can pump multiple receivers through the system for a multitude of games on different satellites :)

gotta love watching Montana on one receiver, the Goofs game in HD on another and scanning for other games on a 3rd (and 4th)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It takes seconds flat to move from one satellite to another, especially if you move to a Horizontal transponder (The motor moves faster when getting the full 17vDC from the receiver) . And I am ONLY interested in Sioux Hockey anyway.

GO SIOUX!

Interest on this site is for Sioux hockey, fixed works, but changes in satellites make it much easier for those who don't want to repoint each year to just motor to the correct location. Most of us Sioux fans are probably not interested in a stack of several receivers. Although most of us don't have a life when hockey starts, sitting in the lazy boy 24/7 messing with TV will turn us all into Jaba the Hut lookalikes.

I have a motorized dish, but have no idea what i'm doing with this thing. Anybody in the Fargo-Moorhead area know how to set these up?

Do you have it up and pointed at anything yet; installation is straight forward, you need to point at your nearest directly south satellite (that's 97W for Fargo), then use your receiver to motor to the other sats (what are your components?).

If you haven't started yet, when you mount your mast, make sure the mast is plumb/exactly level in all directions, before attaching the motor/dish.

http://www.dishpointer.com/ is a helpful online app to find your pointing direction at your address. An inexpensive squealer (sf95) meter and compass is helpful in finding the correct elevation and your first satellite.

Maybe bluesky above will do an install in Fargo.

Check out the forum below with questions you may have.

I just bought M-2 FTA-Mercury II from the sadoun website. Anybody think it'll be to tough to rig up? I should be ok to get signal from the satellite in North East Denver right? Any advice is appreciated.

Sorry not familiar with that receiver. But you should be able to pick up the signal anyplace in the conus USA.

Installing a FTA receiver is only slightly harder than say a DirecTV or Dish Notwork system, you will need a KNOWN live transponder from the satellite you are aiming at, then you will be watching for signal QUALITY only. Its a good idea to be able to see a TV when pointing the dish!

If you need detailed help please feel free to join us at the VisionPlus.US Satellite forum where we will help you every step of the way!

Good Luck :lol:

On a side note I noticed that the G11 satellite is now also at 93

• Downvote 1

I just bought M-2 FTA-Mercury II from the sadoun website. Anybody think it'll be to tough to rig up? I should be ok to get signal from the satellite in North East Denver right? Any advice is appreciated.

Videos on installing and using a Mercury II. As long as you have a clear view of the southern sky from your dish mounting locations, you should be able to get it done.

I originally had a fortec (classic na) receiver and blind scanned (auto scan) with it fixed, but sold it and bought a traxis prior to motorizing. Just $99 shipped for the traxis right now.

very nice box you got there. Just got one about 2 months ago (did an Dish install for someone and they gave it to me. They had no need for it) and it works really sweet

What size dish do you have? As noted as long as you have a good southern/SE view you should be OK.

Swing on over to satelliteguys.us

We got a bunch of folks from Denver area who can help out and give pointers :lol:

• Upvote 1