SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on satellite?

northfieldsioux22

I have two 33 inch Fortecs and 1 - 48 inch and they are excellent dishes. I don't know where sprig got his but mine were very well made and came with good hardware. Better than a lot of the other dishes out there.

agreed

2nd dish I got was the Hotdish 75e and the first winter I had it the arm that the LNB holder is on bulged out because it didnt have proper way to get rid of moisture that would get into the arm. Near the bend in the arm it look like an arm that took steroids :lol:

Like I say the 90cm I got is dang near nuts on elevation. Cant complain ???

• Downvote 1

agreed

2nd dish I got was the Hotdish 75e and the first winter I had it the arm that the LNB holder is on bulged out because it didnt have proper way to get rid of moisture that would get into the arm. Near the bend in the arm it look like an arm that took steroids ???

Haven't seen that hotdish, but if it's related to the hotdish90 that I have, it's not built the same, since I have no bend in the lnb arm. I guess that means avoid the 75e, but no worries for the hotdish 90.

Perhaps sadoun sells some different "grades" of fortec dish, and I just got one of the cheapest, poor ones.

Ice, do you work for anyone in satellite, or get commissions from anyone in particular for selling their products?

Ice, do you work for anyone in satellite, or get commissions from anyone in particular for selling their products?

He He, you hit the nail RIGHT on the head there Sprig ???

Hey Iceberg, if I remember correctly you had your Hot Dish 75cm dish arm replaced at NO COST. NOW THATS WHAT I CALL SERVICE :lol:

And for your information the MIGHTY Hot Dish 75cm has been compleatly reworked. If you want have a look at the VisionPlus.US satellite forum where there is a FULL review of the product........

http://visionplus.us/smf/index.php?topic=4838.0

Here is a picture of the ALL NEW Hot Dish, I know you like to keep upto date with ALL satellite products

hotdish75%20016.jpg

nope. That is the reason I threw 3 different names out there. Give the customers a variety of options instead of 1 or 2 of an item ???

He He, you hit the nail RIGHT on the head there Sprig ???

no he didn't because as I posted I don't get any commissions from anyone (since he decided to throw that out). Gee it sounds like sprig must get commissions from you huh? :huh:

Hey Iceberg, if I remember correctly you had your Hot Dish 75cm dish arm replaced at NO COST. NOW THATS WHAT I CALL SERVICE ;)

WRONG....it cost me shipping + some extra to get it.

And for your information the MIGHTY Hot Dish 75cm has been compleatly reworked.

well that's nice. But I guess I'll be like sprig and say "nah. The Hotdish screwed me over so now I'll stick with other dishes." I like my 90cm dish I got from SatelliteAv. Goes well with my PVR unit to record the Sioux games :lol:

Thats strange because when I was at that forum I got payments from all the advertisers I brought in? I guess your "Boss" is keeping them for you :huh:

In fact I still have a copy of the document with all the rates for comission

Not to mention all the freebies you get from them ;) And the fact that you moderate their forums for them, for free?

I think all the members here are well educated enough to see what you are up to :lol:

I don't know why you don't like the Hot Dish 75cm

I LOVE mine ???

Copy%20(2)%20of%20Siouxdish.JPG

GO SIOUX!

Thats strange because when I was at that forum

before you got fired for deleting posts you didnt agree with... :lol:

In fact I still have a copy of the document with all the rates for comission

things change in the world. You should know that.

Not to mention all the freebies you get from them ;)

from Sadoun? Are you as insane now as you were then? Sadoun doesn't give out freebies unless he has a contest to run. Last I checked I hadnt won any contests.

And the fact that you moderate their forums for them, for free?

your point? Again, I posted THREE different spots to get stuff so again its a variety of items to look at and make their own decisions. Plus you just shot yourself in the foot by saying "free". Thats right. I don't get any money from them, satguys or any other forum I moderate at. I guess my reputation speaks for itself that other folks would ask me to help moderate their board.

I think all the members here are well educated enough to see what you are up to ;)

what am I up to? Lets see. The OP asked a question and I responded with an answer. Since obviously you cant delete the post here you decide to attack me for no reason.

I don't know why you don't like the Hot Dish 75cm

I LOVE mine :huh:

gee wonder if ya got that for free ???

Just for the record, once more, I don't get commissions from Pete, and, although I've ordered some of my components from him, I've ordered them from his web site at the posted price as anyone can.

I only recommend it because the components are excellent quality and the support on the visionplus message board and from the distributor, dmsi, is top notch. And I know Pete has done lots of Sioux fan installs in the TC area, and more than caters to Sioux fans who can't stand not getting the FSSN.

The fortec 80cm that I got is what it is, maybe it's the only one that's ever been made that poorly, but I don't have any good reason to throw good money after bad, and don't intend to continue sending $55+ to sadoun to see if I get a good one. The hotdish 90's quality is excellent, and I don't need to try another dish. Sioux fans will certainly buy whatever they want, and I hope no matter where they get it that it works for them.

Just for the record, once more, I don't get commissions from Pete, and, although I've ordered some of my components from him, I've ordered them from his web site at the posted price as anyone can.

I only recommend it because the components are excellent quality and the support on the visionplus message board and from the distributor, dmsi, is top notch. And I know Pete has done lots of Sioux fan installs in the TC area, and more than caters to Sioux fans who can't stand not getting the FSSN.

The fortec 80cm that I got is what it is, maybe it's the only one that's ever been made that poorly, but I don't have any good reason to throw good money after bad, and don't intend to continue sending $55+ to sadoun to see if I get a good one. The hotdish 90's quality is excellent, and I don't need to try another dish. Sioux fans will certainly buy whatever they want, and I hope no matter where they get it that it works for them.

The checks in the mail, do you want it in $ or Scottish Pounds?

I deleted and moved HACK talk and off-topic posts only!

you owe me a new keyboard. I just spit cherry coke all over my keyboard laughing at that blantent lie. You deleted posts from people you didnt like, ones that "out-teched" you, and when folks would do reviews. And you were let go because "due to your on going actions of editing and deleting members posts and threads."

By the time I LEFT the forum the ONLY thing I could do was delete and move, I was not even permitted to remove offensive words!

nope. You edited a thread because you didn't like it and remember when Dr Dish called wondering why that happened? Or did you forget that little tidbit??

It's a Forum Iceberg, you claim you don't get paid, so how can you be fired from a forum?

well you got fired you answered your own question ??? You can get fired from volunteer work. Folks do it all the time

REDUCED to insults now, I guess the whole PAY thing is getting to you.

you threw the first insult

Your mission is accomplished, tell your boss you did well. i see a bonus in the near future for you!

hmmm...a bonus of 0 on top of my moderator pay of zero since I am a volunteer.

gee how much you get paid from Tim to run your little morgue...err board??

sprig I have no issues. I just asked the same question you asked me.

The fortec 80cm that I got is what it is, maybe it's the only one that's ever been made that poorly, but I don't have any good reason to throw good money after bad, and don't intend to continue sending $55+ to sadoun to see if I get a good one.

understandable. I have the same feeling about the hotdish. When the arm bulges out due to ice in it, I think twice about buying the same thing. Thats why I went with a couple different diehes (and two FREE Primestar dishes...those kick butt) ???

Sioux fans will certainly buy whatever they want, and I hope no matter where they get it that it works for them.

amen to that. Just as long as they can see the games :lol:

you owe me a new keyboard. I just spit cherry coke all over my keyboard laughing at that blantent lie. You deleted posts from people you didnt like, ones that "out-teched" you, and when folks would do reviews. And you were let go because "due to your on going actions of editing and deleting members posts and threads."

nope. You edited a thread because you didn't like it and remember when Dr Dish called wondering why that happened? Or did you forget that little tidbit??

well you got fired you answered your own question ??? You can get fired from volunteer work. Folks do it all the time

you threw the first insult

hmmm...a bonus of 0 on top of my moderator pay of zero since I am a volunteer.

gee how much you get paid from Tim to run your little morgue...err board??

I see you omitted any reply about you deleting my posts? Pants burning a wee bit right now?

The post that you are talking about was a review of a Fortec receiver, someone blogged right on top of it. I could not move it, so I removed it. As Fortec were a PAYING sponsor there I of course removed the blog!! FACT!

And the blogger in now a member of the VisionPlus.US forum! he understands it was a simple mix up. DrDish is also a member, along with MANY MANY Sioux fans. Remember there are areas of the VisionPlus.US forum you cant see as a non-member! Maybe just as well!

I like the visionPlus.US forum JUST the way it is, no hackers! NONE! Not a one!

Sorry to hear about your keyboard! I have a spare one here if you want it?

In fact you can be the first guest on the PSB FTA Satellite TV show! How about it Iceberg, if you want to discuss this issue and your recent boycott on myself and DMSi products (I am a Licensed Proffesional) I am sure the members would love to know what you are really ALL about!

It will give you a chance to get it all off your chest in public LIVE!

Anyway the invites there!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/psb-fta-satellite-show

Sorry I missed the part where I insulted you? And for the record I PAY CASH for all my satellite products and as a LICENSED professional I have the paperwork to prove it. Hey I can show you that when you come over for your keyboard. Then that will be one less non truth for you to spread!

I see you omitted any reply about you deleting my posts? Pants burning a wee bit right now?

nope. You deleted my posts too. So that point is moot.

The post that you are talking about was a review of a Fortec receiver, someone blogged right on top of it. I could not move it, so I removed it. As Fortec were a PAYING sponsor there I of course removed the blog!! FACT!

fiction....that was the post that Dr Dish came after all of us for....and the reason you were let go...FACT (since you feel like playing that way)

And the blogger in now a member of the VisionPlus.US forum! he understands it was a simple mix up. DrDish is also a member, along with MANY MANY Sioux fans. Remember there are areas of the VisionPlus.US forum you cant see as a non-member! Maybe just as well!

whoopty do...simply could care less. I have plenty of Sioux fans at satguys too...and alot more folks who enjoy talking FTA. Must be lonely there with you and maybe one other person on line at the same time

I like the visionPlus.US forum JUST the way it is, no hackers! NONE! Not a one!

same here :lol: no hackers at satguys. and no mods who delete posts for fun and are paranoid about folks following them

Sorry to hear about your keyboard! I have a spare one here if you want it?

it was sarcasm. I have a backup

How about it Iceberg, if you want to discuss this issue and your recent boycott on myself and DMSi products (I am a Licensed Proffesional) I am sure the members would love to know what you are really ALL about!

It will give you a chance to get it all off your chest in public LIVE!

Putting words in my mouth again huh? who said I was boycotting DMSI? I said I wasn't buying a hot dish because of the issues I had before. and I'll quote it "But I guess I'll be like sprig and say "nah. The Hotdish screwed me over so now I'll stick with other dishes." I can buy from other dealers and other folks. I havent purchased anything from you in 2 years so I hardly call that a boycott. I have a few DMSI switches but I can finds other items other places. And don't know what the whole "licensed professional" thing is about. I guess we should only buy from "licensed professionals?" ???

And the folks know about me. I'm someone who likes to help out and doesn't sit there and dwell in the past (like you do). I live for today. I posted 3 places to get FTA equipment to watch the Sioux games and the OP can take those ideas and others and run with it. Sprig posted his feelings on the Fortec dish and myself & Vegas1 said we hadn't had issues with Fortec dishes. Then you decided to attack me because I posted 3 spots to get stuff and one wasnt you.

Sorry I missed the part where I insulted you? And I part own VisionPlus.US so I would hardly be a great idea to pay myself

hmm...so you do get paid then. Imagine that

Pete it aint no secret we do not get along and haven't since you were fired. So lets cut the crap and get back on topic..

I think we've deviated from meeting the "of general interest" test. If you guys want to continue down this line, please take it to PM or email. Thanks!

Forum Terms & Rules

No private, personal, or off-topic conversations. Messages should be of general interest and about the stated forum topic. Use PM or email for messages intended for a single person or small group of people.

Ahhww!

I was finding that spat generally interesting to follow....

but on the other hand I have a question to bring it back to what is important-Getting Sioux games on tv.

I know very little about FTA stuff so i will ask PSP and sprig and anyone else to help me here.

I want to buy a system with a movable dish and DVR. so I can surf the FTA sprectrum and get my Sioux games!!

further, I was thinking about trying to get one on ebay. Any suggestions for someone looking to get that setup?

I can't tell you where to get a dvr/pvr, haven't researched it or had an interest yet. Someday I may want to upgrade to a HD receiver, although most of that is apparently available on C band. You can get components on ebay, make sure they are new, although I've found the prices to be very comparable (or more expensive), than the same components from Pete (not sure he sells a receiver with dvr).

Blackheart, the new coordinates are not yet listed, they'll have to get that up soon, before the Oct 5 puck drop for sure. I've been unable to get an email response from Jamie's email link on the REA site.

"Any word on new coordinates for this year? do we need to get repointed?"

None yet I am sure as soon as we have any new it will be posted here or on the VisionPlus.US satellite forum!

I use a TRAXIS Motorized satellite System, to scan every satellite in the sky, your right we get seem to get a handful of away games every year not to mention MANY other hockey games and indeed other sports!

To record the games I use a small USB satellite receiver (Match Box Pro USB) , hooked up to the Traxis receiver as a slave (Real easy to do) That way I can record DIRECTLY to Hard Drive. Then I can do what I want with the files, playback on the PC or even watch on a Big Screen TV It really is just like a mini Tivo, with a timer and all!

You can see an example of the stunning qaulity here.........

http://vimeo.com/user514212/videos

(Sorry Sprig we posted at the same time ???

(Sorry Sprig we posted at the same time :lol:

What ru doing up so early in the morning ???

Back to the original question/answer, whatever you buy, you'll definitely want a receiver that blind scans (aka autoscan, powerscan), especially with a motorized system. The traxis, btw, does blind scans very well.

What ru doing up so early in the morning ???

Back to the original question/answer, whatever you buy, you'll definitely want a receiver that blind scans (aka autoscan, powerscan), especially with a motorized system. The traxis, btw, does blind scans very well.

I am up at 5am EVERYDAY!!! The early bird catches the WORM!

The Traxis DBS 3500 was BUILT to Blind Scan, and motor. Unlike all those Hack receivers where Blind scanning and motoring a Dish are a distant after thought! As many people find out the hard way!

And a reminder the Traxis DBS CANT be hacked into, and thats the main reason I ONLY use Traxis receivers!

GO SIOUX!

I know very little about FTA stuff so i will ask PSP and sprig and anyone else to help me here.

I want to buy a system with a movable dish and DVR. so I can surf the FTA sprectrum and get my Sioux games!!

further, I was thinking about trying to get one on ebay. Any suggestions for someone looking to get that setup?

There are a few PVR able units out there

Visionsat has a PVR unit that works really well. I have 2 of them. Blind scan and moves a motor with ease and can take up to a 500GB HD. Used that to record Sioux games and other items

GeoSatPro is the newer version of the unit and is mainly used for a Christian satellite system called Glorystar but also works just dandy on a regular FTA system. Best part of that unit is when there is an upgrade of software (to work out a bug) it automatically does it. No need to update software if there is a bug ???

satelliteav.com has both

Pansat 5000 (older model) and 6000 (new model) have twin tuners and a PVR. Had both of them and they were really nice.

There are some other PVR's out there but from what I read the motor control has some tweaking to do. Sonicview makes them. Also there is a Digiwave Diamond that is really good and has a digital OTA tuner, PVR, and does HD too. Few folks have those and are impressed.

Another option is a stand alone hard drive or DVD recorder.

• Downvote 1

I luv Star (satellite) Wars .............sorry Jim :huh:

Now where can I get Dish or Direct just for April thru Oct. to take to the lake ? ??? (PM me if this is Top Secret stuff) :lol:

& once again this yr - who will sell / install the other one here in GF ? - without all the techno blab ;)

Sprig lives to far out in the commons & most likely would not want to work when he comes down here - But I'd give you a commission (or all the beer you can drink) ;)