SiouxSports.com Forum

Share your excitement about the 2008 season

CMSioux

Let's get excited about the 2008 season. Report in where you're from and what you are excited about!

This is CM Sioux reporting in from central Minnesota. I'm excited about a new season, a new coach and a new division. I live just close enough to make a few home games and I can hardly wait to see the team get off the bus, hear the band play the fight song and taste the barbeque and a cold one in the parking lot!!!

Looking forward to attending my first two home games (Western Washington and Southern Utah) at the Alerus since leaving school over a year ago. Saw two road games last season but never did find time to make it back to Grand Forks. Looking forward to the beginning of the D-1 transition and seeing bunch of new and exciting teams on our schedules.

Being nearly 2,000 miles away from GF, I will obviously not be at the game but I don't plan to miss a play watching on the internet. I am very excited the season is about to start!

Has anyone heard how ticket sales are going? Expected attendance at the game?

I cannot wait for the opener Thursday night! Football is finally back, its been a long summer.

Lets all get out and support the program and have a good time at the Alerus. This is the official beginning of the D1 transition and the beginning of very big things to come!

:silly::huh:???

I'm interested to see how the Sioux do in their first year of transition. I'm guessing 8-2 with a possibility of cracking the top 25 by years end. Good luck to the Sioux in 2008!!

Thanks, "westsidebison"! It is refreshing to read something positive from the Bison-poster on this board. That being said, I don't go to the NDSU website - I suppose there may be UND fans who go there to add nothing but crap to that site just like most NDSU fans do here! What a waste!!

Thanks again!

Looking forward to going to the game tonight and the upcoming season. Upward and onward into D1. Hopefully UND can have the success that our rival to the south has had during their transition because the blueprint on how to make that transition was laid out well by SU.

Wow, I'm even more excited about the season after reading this: :silly:link

How about a shout out to North Dakota, South Dakota, Bryant and Campbell who start play in FCS this weekend?

North Dakota doesn't waste any time jumping into the fray with a game at Texas A&M on Thursday night. South Dakota takes it a little easier with a home game against Ambrose.

Take a good look at the two quarterbacks for UND (Danny Freund) and USD (Noah Shepard) if you get to see these games.