SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

I know this one is true. Also Cal Poly and USD. Sioux falls is still on the schedule as well and another NAIA. They are trying to get that one replaced and I don't know who the sixth game is against. If we could just add two FCS at home, even if we kept one NAIA the home schedule would be alright. The road schedule will be brutal with SUU and Davis. Add Idaho and Fresno St.

Well, if Drake is true, and the NAIA is still on, UND still has only 8 confirmed games, the CP and USD games a given via GWFC. Total 4 home, 4 away. Now, rumor has it that Faison has more under verbal intent pending schedule adjustments etc. including 6 at home. I can be an optimist here or a pessimist, but I certainly am anxious about the other 3 games that might be scheduled and getting damn tired of waiting to see what we will see for 2011 as opponents. If the AD wants to generate interest now during the end of the FB season he should announce it soon. From January thru July I could care less about football, UND or anyone else.

Well, if Drake is true, and the NAIA is still on, UND still has only 8 confirmed games, the CP and USD games a given via GWFC. Total 4 home, 4 away. Now, rumor has it that Faison has more under verbal intent pending schedule adjustments etc. including 6 at home. I can be an optimist here or a pessimist, but I certainly am anxious about the other 3 games that might be scheduled and getting damn tired of waiting to see what we will see for 2011 as opponents. If the AD wants to generate interest now during the end of the FB season he should announce it soon. From January thru July I could care less about football, UND or anyone else.

A lot of schools have not released their football schedule for next year. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the FCS schools have not released the schedule for next year. I'm sure that the AD has his reasons. He seems to have a decent idea on how to do his job, so he probably knows when he should release the schedule. The rumor is that he has a complete schedule done (he has announced that himself), but is trying to upgrade games. Maybe he is trying to replace an NAIA team with a Big Sky opponent. Would you rather that he give up trying to get a better schedule just so that you can find out right now who they are playing next year? Most people are done with football whenever their favorite team gets done. The rest follow the playoffs and don't worry about next year until after the playoffs get done. Announcing a football schedule right now does little or nothing for the program. Announcing a schedule right now does not bring a great deal of attention back to the program. Actually, announcing after the holiday season would get more attention. Relax and the answer will be released in all due time.

A lot of schools have not released their football schedule for next year. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the FCS schools have not released the schedule for next year. I'm sure that the AD has his reasons. He seems to have a decent idea on how to do his job, so he probably knows when he should release the schedule. The rumor is that he has a complete schedule done (he has announced that himself), but is trying to upgrade games. Maybe he is trying to replace an NAIA team with a Big Sky opponent. Would you rather that he give up trying to get a better schedule just so that you can find out right now who they are playing next year? Most people are done with football whenever their favorite team gets done. The rest follow the playoffs and don't worry about next year until after the playoffs get done. Announcing a football schedule right now does little or nothing for the program. Announcing a schedule right now does not bring a great deal of attention back to the program. Actually, announcing after the holiday season would get more attention. Relax and the answer will be released in all due time.

I am glad you have all the answers. Hope everything works out as well as you think.

Well said!

NDSU released their schedule OOC vs Lafayette, vs St. Francis (PA) and at Minnesota. The St. Francis game is the replacement for the Georgia Southern game that was bought out. I can't imagine too much excitement over this game St. Francis was a whole 1-10 last year. So its 2-9 Lafayette, 1-10 St. Francis, and 3-9 Minnesota. They could start a bakery there with those cupcakes.

No, I'm trusting Mr Faison to have all the answers since it's his job and he's been doing it for several years at the DI level.

LIke I said, we shall see. He now has the "Sioux" monkey off his back for scheduling Big 10 schools in all sports and he has the BSC for help in filling out the FB schedule. A couple of nice FB recruits signed and a bunch of young F/M BB players that look pretty good. Things look pretty good all of a sudden. Now, let's see some GF butts in the stands and some W's and all will be well. He still needs more visibility for the school in the immediate upper midwest that has been lost to the other 3 state universities in the Dakotas and to some extent even the NSIC. Playing a few big games in the region would help that, and that, was my concern about FB scheduling along with help in recruiting. As an alum, I want to see that exposure around this area too, not just the west and west coast. UND has had virtually no exposure in the Twin Cities in recent years in spite of a large alumni base.

NDSU released their schedule OOC vs Lafayette, vs St. Francis (PA) and at Minnesota. The St. Francis game is the replacement for the Georgia Southern game that was bought out. I can't imagine too much excitement over this game St. Francis was a whole 1-10 last year. So its 2-9 Lafayette, 1-10 St. Francis, and 3-9 Minnesota. They could start a bakery there with those cupcakes.

Ya darrel as a season ticket holder at the FargoDome I'm disappointed in the 1st two games. Georgia Southern backed out though, so what can happen? At that point there are only so many schools left with open dates. Georgia Southern and UMN back to back was the intent, you can't complain about that with the always difficult conference schedule coming. We can all joke at the Gophers but in a terrible season they still beat Iowa, are in the Big 10, and will no doubt be better under Kill than the joke that Brewster was. I thought I saw that Montanta State and one of the Cali schools (Poly I think) had open dates as well but who knows what the gaurantees are/were and conversations both ways. And then I'm sure it just comes down to, "Hey this is NDSU, we will give you X to come here for a one game gaurantee St. Francis." It's terrible that it comes down to that but that is the NC$$ in a nutshell. What really sucks is the first two games will have terrible atmosphere....I think the Georgia Southern game would've been packed and loud based on name alone.

That's one great thing you guys can be excited for with the Big Sky. With new teams coming in, rivalries forming, etc....man back in the day we could go to games and know it was going to be 30+ spread against certain teams. When I walk into the FargoDome for a conference game, I have NO idea what to expect for the most part and I know you guys will see the same thing in the Big Sky. It takes some getting used to the new teams but it makes for a fun season as a ticket holder who hardly misses a game.

Ya, not happy about the Home OOC schedule for NDSU. But it's a race to 7 or 8 and after this year all I will take is a chance in the playoffs and let's roll.

UND has posted the schedule on the website..................................................just to warn you.............you're not gonna like it.

3 Sub-DI teams: Sioux Falls, Montana Western, and Black Hills St.

Northern Colorado added as an away game.

2011 Schedule

Must keep reminding myself--this is the last year of this kind of schedule...this is the last year of this kind of schedule...this is the last year of this kind of schedule...

• Upvote 1

So, the home schedule will consist of two GWFC teams, two NAIA teams (I'm assuming BHS is still NAIA?), a DII move up from NAIA and a non-scholly FCS team? While not a pretty schedule, it should hopefully give a lot of team members some really good experience. And, it should be the last year that this happens. Hopefully at least one, if not both, of the NAIA games are able to be replaced, but it's not looking likely....

Must keep reminding myself--this is the last year of this kind of schedule...this is the last year of this kind of schedule...this is the last year of this kind of schedule...

Agreed. I saw the schedule several days ago and thought it wasn't very good. On the other hand, it gives a young team a chance to jell and it should produce a winning mindset for the following year.

So, the home schedule will consist of two GWFC teams, two NAIA teams (I'm assuming BHS is still NAIA?), a DII move up from NAIA and a non-scholly FCS team? While not a pretty schedule, it should hopefully give a lot of team members some really good experience. And, it should be the last year that this happens. Hopefully at least one, if not both, of the NAIA games are able to be replaced, but it's not looking likely....

I believe Black Hills is transitioning to dII--not sure if they're on the same timeline as Sioux Falls, or one year behind.

Ironically, attendance might actually improve from this past year:

Drake - home opener on Thursday night

Potato Bowl - Black Hills State - fans attend anyway

Homecoming - Montana Wester - ditto

Cal Poly - depends on season

South Dakota - should have a good crowd

Sioux Falls - likely a poor crowd

UND has posted the schedule on the website..................................................just to warn you.............you're not gonna like it.

3 Sub-DI teams: Sioux Falls, Montana Western, and Black Hills St.

Northern Colorado added as an away game.

2011 Schedule

I wouldn't expect attendance to go up much next year.

If UND was smart they would make the Potato Bowl game against Drake and not against Black Hills St.

People show up for the Potato Bowl anyway. They also show up for opening day (night.) Having three different events (opening game, PB, Homecoming) + South Dakota makes for four reasonably attended home games.

A Thursday night game doesn't work for the Potato Bowl anyway.