SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

I hope it is 2012. If this years playoff selections tell us anything its that all you have to do is play FCS teams and get to 7 wins. They can be the worst team in the country but they all count the same.

God, I hope this is not true. Playing Valpo is worse than a team scrimmage. They have no scholarships and you know how well the rest of the scholarship teams in Indiana fare. As I recall NDSU played them in one of their first transition years and beat them by a huge margin. Bring on Winona!

God, I hope this is not true. Playing Valpo is worse than a team scrimmage. They have no scholarships and you know how well the rest of the scholarship teams in Indiana fare. As I recall NDSU played them in one of their first transition years and beat them by a huge margin. Bring on Winona!

Are you serious??

Maybe won't improve the team but it counts for something and a DII or NAIA doesn't. This years playoff selections proved its better to have a poor FCS over a DII

Yeah right! Valpo has won one game in the last two years. This year they were 0-11 and lost by an avg score of like 45 - 9. WIU beat them 45-0. God I would really like to buy tix to a game against them! I can hardly wait. If UND schedules them I will puke.

People on here have been warning that next years home schedule had some dogs on it. Hang in there This is the last year of crap games like that.

I also hope that 2011 is the last time we schedule two FBS games in a year. Wins are tough enough to come by these days without "playing up" more than once per year.

Valpo is a great D1 game. Just ask ndsu.

In all seriousness, this game will look great compared to some others on the 2011 schedule. We all need to hang in there and see 2012 at the end of the tunnel.

2011 home schedule will be brutal, no sugarcoating that....however, this team needs WINS going into 2012.

2011 will be the last year we have to worry about having bad schedules. 2012 home schedule and thereafter will be awesome. Thanks BSC.

I dont expect everyone to be happy with the 2011 schedule, but hang in there. Remember, 2012 is not that far away. The team and schedule will be better.

I also hope that 2011 is the last time we schedule two FBS games in a year. Wins are tough enough to come by these days without "playing up" more than once per year.

I couldn't imagine when we start Big Sky play we have 2 FBS games since we will have 8 conference games, and 3 OOC games. 1 FBS team is plenty.

In all seriousness, this game will look great compared to some others on the 2011 schedule. We all need to hang in there and see 2012 at the end of the tunnel.

2011 home schedule will be brutal, no sugarcoating that....however, this team needs WINS going into 2012.

2012 home schedule and thereafter will be awesome.

I dont expect everyone to be happy with the 2011 schedule, but hang in there. Remember, 2012 is not that far away. The team and schedule will be better.

USD, Cal Poly, Valpo, Sioux Falls and...probably a low-level dII team?

The frustrating thing is that we weren't able to get more home-and-homes for the road games we played in 2008 and 2009, i.e. SE Louisiana, SFA and SIU. That was where USD did a better job scheduling-wise, as they managed to get UNI, UNC and SE Louisiana to travel to Vermillion in the past couple of years. I guess we will still eventually get Central Arkansas and SDSU, but now the Montana game would have happened anyway, so that doesn't quite seem like as big of a coup as it did when originally scheduled.

2011 will be the last year we have to worry about having bad schedules. 2012 home schedule and thereafter will be awesome. Thanks BSC.

EDIT: I dont think Valpo is in 2011. I think its later.

Maybe Drake in 2011?

USD, Cal Poly, Valpo, Sioux Falls and...probably a low-level dII team?

The frustrating thing is that we weren't able to get more home-and-homes for the road games we played in 2008 and 2009, i.e. SE Louisiana, SFA and SIU. That was where USD did a better job scheduling-wise, as they managed to get UNI, UNC and SE Louisiana to travel to Vermillion in the past couple of years. I guess we will still eventually get Central Arkansas and SDSU, but now the Montana game would have happened anyway, so that doesn't quite seem like as big of a coup as it did when originally scheduled.

Has this been documented anywhere? I thought So Dak State was a one-time deal?

We have no business playing d2 or NAIA teams at all. At this stage of the game we should be playing an all d1 schedule including and FBS team.

• Upvote 1

People on here have been warning that next years home schedule had some dogs on it. Hang in there This is the last year of crap games like that.

By the 2012 season I will be medicare eligible. How long do you think I want to wait to see this program play against decent teams. How many folks will come to an indoor game against a team that is 1-21 the last two seasons and averaged 9 pts per game this last fall against other non schollie schools? Come on, play a reduced schedule if necessary, but do not play down to this level of competition even if it is FCS. Stage a scrimmage or play U of Mary if necessary, it would be a bigger draw.

It's acceptable for FBS to play down, but not for FCS teams?! :lol:

Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Actually yeah. An FCS win still counts towards a FBS teams win total to get to 6-5 and be bowl elgible.

A D2 or lower does not count for an FCS teams win total to get into the playoffs (see Montana this year)

After the women's basketball game tonight (they got shelled)...Brian Faison said UND had 6 home football games next year. He didn't mention specific opponents. During a conference call last week with the Big Sky...they were discussing 9 vs 10 conference games (football). He had a discussion with Coach Mussman this morning...by his demeanor I believe Coach Mussman is safe for another season. 150 alumni showed up at the Sioux/Griz pre-party...all were happy to be in the Big Sky.

In other sports..UND will host the 2011 Great West Conference baseball championship tournament over Memorial Weekend. Oh...and no word on when construction will commence on a new outdoor stadium with retractable roof and heated leather seats.

;)

After the women's basketball game tonight (they got shelled)...Brian Faison said UND had 6 home football games next year. He didn't mention specific opponents. During a conference call last week with the Big Sky...they were discussing 9 vs 10 conference games (football). He had a discussion with Coach Mussman this morning...by his demeanor I believe Coach Mussman is safe for another season. 150 alumni showed up at the Sioux/Griz pre-party...all were happy to be in the Big Sky.

In other sports..UND will host the 2011 Great West Conference baseball championship tournament over Memorial Weekend. Oh...and no word on when construction will commence on a new outdoor stadium with retractable roof and heated leather seats.

;)

Do you mean 8 vs 9? I can't believe they would even consider 10 conference games.

;)

Six home FB games? That is 3 more than currently listed. Gives a total schedule of 10 at least. Hope they aren't all stinkers like Valpo. I'd like to come up to GF for a game or two, but not to watch a 45-0 snoozer.

Six home FB games? That is 3 more than currently listed. Gives a total schedule of 10 at least. Hope they aren't all stinkers like Valpo. I'd like to come up to GF for a game or two, but not to watch a 45-0 snoozer.

I have a feeling that 2-3 of them are going to be vs. D2 teams. From what I have heard Sioux Falls is one of them and there is another D2 transition team possibly.

It sucks, yes. But, frankly I don't care because the path for the future is set with the Big Sky. We have one year left of transition scheduling and then we are done.

Our 2012 schedule is LOADED with Central Arkansas opening the season at the Alerus and San Diego State (who is pretty good now) as the guarantee game. That leaves one more game to schedule.