SiouxSports.com Forum

2008-2009 Sioux Hockey Roster

Chuck Schwartz

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or is Toews not getting a lot of love. I am surprised he is not a candidate for the ROY.

I also think that Gregoire Frattin could score a lot of goals this season.

i think its good for him. he has enough pressure on his back with that last name. gregoire was the ushl player of the year last season so he showed his talent in lincoln and is being recognized for that. he and toews are be damn good

Is it me or is Toews not getting a lot of love. I am surprised he is not a candidate for the ROY.

I also think that Gregoire Frattin could score a lot of goals this season.

GOOD FOR TOEWS! No one will ever see him coming! Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but still...LOL

sioux season preview

my picks

sioux POY = chris vande velde

sioux ROY = david toews

most improved = matt frattin

best offensive d-man = chay genoway

best defensive d-ma = zach jones

breakout player = evan trupp

surpise player = darcy zajac

scoring leader = ryan duncan

goals leader = kozek

assist leader = vande velde

PIM leader = hextall/zajac

sioux season preview

my picks

sioux ROY = david toews

goals leader = kozek

No love for Jason Greogire? c'mon AZSioux, you know your hockey!

No love for Jason Greogire? c'mon AZSioux, you know your hockey!

gregoire could win the wcha ROY without a doubt. the way see it there is only one category i could put him being realistic in and thats the ROY and i can only name 1 in toews but think both will be dam solid

sioux season preview

my picks

sioux ROY = david toews

goals leader = kozek

If the Sioux are to truely shine this year someone better have move assists than VV. Not to slight his skill but knowing the type of player he is, as well as all of the upper classmen are, I can say that we need someone from Trupp down to Hextall or Toews to shine as a team leader in assists.

VV had 17 assists last year!

Compare that to 50 for Toews and Hextall. I know they are to be freshmen but it's not like freshmen haven't had that type of impact for other WCHA teams in the recent past-look at Denver as an example...

Anyway I just know that is what we will need to be great this year.

We can talk all we want about "breakout years" but I think the realty is we know our Juniors and Seniors well enough to know that while there is much skill there we don't have a 'take over the game' offensemen like we need in either of those two classes so I for one will have a big eye one the youngsters.

If the Sioux are to truely shine this year someone better have move assists than VV. Not to slight his skill but knowing the type of player he is, as well as all of the upper classmen are, I can say that we need someone from Trupp down to Hextall or Toews to shine as a team leader in assists.

VV had 17 assists last year!

Compare that to 50 for Toews and Hextall. I know they are to be freshmen but it's not like freshmen haven't had that type of impact for other WCHA teams in the recent past-look at Denver as an example...

Anyway I just know that is what we will need to be great this year.

We can talk all we want about "breakout years" but I think the realty is we know our Juniors and Seniors well enough to know that while there is much skill there we don't have a 'take over the game' offensemen like we need in either of those two classes so I for one will have a big eye one the youngsters.

and those are shot in the dark guesses from me and it would be great to see VV with 15 goals and 25+ assists or so

i wouldnt compare bchl assists and midget assists to wcha numbers. i understand your point 100% though and hope those trends continue for those players

the take over freshman will be gregoire or toews and maybe both which would be sweet. a solid overall team sometimes is the key for a title. i guess we will see what happens. cant wait either way, this speculating can only pass so many days until real hockey :(

and those are shot in the dark guesses from me and it would be great to see VV with 15 goals and 25+ assists or so

i wouldnt compare bchl assists and midget assists to wcha numbers. i understand your point 100% though and hope those trends continue for those players

the take over freshman will be gregoire or toews and maybe both which would be sweet. a solid overall team sometimes is the key for a title. i guess we will see what happens. cant wait either way, this speculating can only pass so many days until real hockey :(

Goaltending will be the key to this season...no question about it. You can Blood all you want but Eidsness is the most important player on the team his year.

Goaltending will be the key to this season...no question about it. You can Blood all you want but Eidsness is the most important player on the team his year.

easily, i shlould ahve added that cetegory then :( i dont see where i said blood was the key to our success :( eidsness is coming in knowing hes going to play a lot if he plays well so cant wait to see his style and i think he will have nice D help in front of him

You're absolutely correct. If Eidsness doesn't pan out, it could be a long year. I think this year's team will be a little more balanced. The problem the last two years has been not enough of it and to much focus on one line. This could make for a pretty good team by the end of the year.

BRADS media day notes

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

--Hakstol said that competition is extremely tight right now. In most years, there are usually a couple of players who are lagging behind the rest of the group a month into preseason skates. This season, there aren't. In fact, he said everybody is going to play the first two weekends (Manitoba and the Icebreaker) because competition is so tight. They are waiting to see if guys can establish themselves.

media day videos - funny stuff :(

BRADS media day notes

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

--Hakstol said that competition is extremely tight right now. In most years, there are usually a couple of players who are lagging behind the rest of the group a month into preseason skates. This season, there aren't. In fact, he said everybody is going to play the first two weekends (Manitoba and the Icebreaker) because competition is so tight. They are waiting to see if guys can establish themselves.

media day videos - funny stuff :(

that video is funny as all h e double hockey sticks :(

that video is funny as all h e double hockey sticks :(

I like these...

"Who would you say is the shadiest character we got on our team?"

"I don't have his back...I'm not big enough"

"Probably riding my moped around campus."

"Who do you like doubling up on a moped with?"

"Can I have an H-I-C?"

"Well...he did fail english 3 times already."

I cracked myself up.

I like these...

"Who would you say is the shadiest character we got on our team?"

"I don't have his back...I'm not big enough"

"Probably riding my moped around campus."

"Who do you like doubling up on a moped with?"

"Can I have an H-I-C?"

"Well...he did fail english 3 times already."

I cracked myself up.

The H I C was absolutely my favorite i laughed so hard i actually cried!

You're absolutely correct. If Eidsness doesn't pan out, it could be a long year. I think this year's team will be a little more balanced. The problem the last two years has been not enough of it and to much focus on one line. This could make for a pretty good team by the end of the year.

I have to admit that I was kind of impressed with all of the goalies, the one goal that Brad E let in was a highlite goal.

I don't think anyone in our league could have stopped that one.

HF WCHA Previews

University of North Dakota

(Number of NHL prospects on 2008-09 roster: 13)

The University of North Dakota capped their fourth straight season with a trip to the Frozen Four this past spring, but failed to come home with another National Championship. The Fighting Sioux are hoping to remedy that when they open their 2008-09 campaign on Oct. 10 at Agganis Arena against host Boston University in the Icebreaker Tournament.

There are a number of questions that face North Dakota coming into the season, the most pressing of which is in goal. Hobey Baker finalist Jean-Philippe Lamoureux has graduated. Lamoureux will go down as one of the program

CHN sioux preview

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2008..._wchaseason.php

North Dakota Fighting Sioux

Coach: Dave Hakstol

Last season: 28-11-4 overall, 18-7-3 WCHA

How they finished: North Dakota won the Midwest Regional and lost to eventual national champion Boston College in the national semifinals. UND was one of the nation