SiouxSports.com Forum

High Price of Gas

Fetch

could this work :D

> WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE

>

> Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products?

> Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own destiny

> and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their

> profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America

> and reduce the import/export deficit?

>

> An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS.. Every time you fill

> up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi

> Arabia. Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil

> from the Saudis. Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every

> time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the

> impression want me, my family and my friends dead. Don't you think it

> might be of interest to know which oil companies import Middle Eastern

> oil and which do not?

>

> These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

> Shell.......................... 205,742,000 barrels

> Chevron/Texaco................. 144,332,000 barrels

> Exxon /Mobil................... 130,082,000 barrels

> Marathon/Speedway.............. 117,740,000 barrels

> Amoco........................... 62,231,000 barrels

>

> And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela . Hugo Chavez hates America and

> openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's regime nearly

> $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)

>

> The U.S. currently imp orts 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from

> OPEC. If you do the math at $95 per barrel, that's over $524 million PER

> DAY ($191 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members

> are our confirmed enemies!!!!!

>

> Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

>

> Sunoco........................ 0 barrels

> Conoco........................ 0 barrels

> Sinclair. ...................... 0 barrels

> BP / Phillips................ 0 barrels

> Hess. ........................ 0 barrels

> ARC0.......................... 0 barrels

> Maverick....................... 0 barrels

> Flying J. ...................... 0 barrels

> Valero............. .............. 0 barrels

>

> All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy

> and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how

> much they are importing. But to have a real impact, we need to reach

> literally millions of gas buyers. With the help of the internet, it's

> really simple to do.

>

> Now, don't wimp out at this point....keep reading and I'll explain how

> simple it is to reach millions of people!! I'm sending this note to

> about thirty people. If each of you send it to only ten more (30 x 10 =

> 300).....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =

> 3,000)....and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth

> generation of people, we will have reached over

> THREE MILLION consumers!!!!!!! If those three million get excited

> and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have

> been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it....THREE

> HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE...the entire population of the United States of America

>

> Again, all you have to do is forward this message to 10 people. How long

> would that really take you? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten

> more people, within one day all 300 MILLION people could theoretically

> be contacted during the next eight days!

>

They want to charge us so much for a barrell of oil, then the US should sell our wheat and other goods at the same price per bushel. I guarantee if we would start selling wheat at $124/bushel to the mid-east and told them that they will continue to pay those prices unless they lower the price of a barrell of oil. I think they would lower it really fast.

Just my opinion and I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

They want to charge us so much for a barrell of oil, then the US should sell our wheat and other goods at the same price per bushel. I guarantee if we would start selling wheat at $124/bushel to the mid-east and told them that they will continue to pay those prices unless they lower the price of a barrell of oil. I think they would lower it really fast.

The problem is that there hasn't been any refineries built in 30 years. That is the main concern.

An oil man told me that they more than enough crude they can't refine it fast enough.

Again from the DOE website,

Can consumers reduce the revenues flowing to a certain country or countries by boycotting companies that have a history of importing from those countries?

Due to the global nature of the oil market, boycotts by individual consumers or even individual countries cannot reduce the oil revenues of a given oil producing country/countries. At best, consumer boycotts of a company known to import crude oil would result in a temporary reduction in the market share of that particular company. Because the overall consumer demand for products made from oil (like gasoline and diesel fuel) would be unchanged, the oil would simply be purchased by some other company.

Similar market shifts would occur if an entire country or countries refused to buy oil from a certain country/region, or were legally prevented from doing so. The boycotting countries would take additional imports from different countries, and those countries would purchase additional supplies from the boycotted country/region. Due to the nature of the world oil market, it is impossible to impact the oil revenues flowing to a given country or region with anything short of a sanctions regime, wherein all countries pledge to avoid buying from a particular country.

In a nutshell we created a genie we can't put back in a bottle. :D

The problem is that there hasn't been any refineries built in 30 years. That is the main concern.

An oil man told me that they more than enough crude they can't refine it fast enough.

So the good old oil companies don't make enough to pay for new refineries??

What have they been doing for the last 30 yrs??

Good lord has anyone else but me driven in Wyoming?? I thought there was wide

open spaces in ND!! What better place to build a couple new shiny refineries!!

We can put a Walmart any where in the world but we can't build a da** refinery?

There is something really wrong here. Maybe the folks in Bentonville should

be running the oil companies. :D

Goon, sorry I vented on your thread. :D

> Amoco........................... 62,231,000 barrels

> BP / Phillips................ 0 barrels

Amoco doesn't exist anymore. It hasn't for quite a few years. BP bought out Amoco.

The only reason you see Amoco signs anymore is strictly name recognition.

No problem, when I was out mule deer hunting in Medora we had breakfast with an oil man and the guy got defensive with us when we complained about the price of gas. That is when he told us that Supply is because they can pump the gas out of the ground

fast but they can't refine it fast enough. Also because of strict enviornmental laws haved basically stopped building refineries. I believe ND is building one because I read about it over on Sayanythingblog.com The problem is we are on this huge kick to burn ethanol and it takes more energy to make than it does to refine crude oil. For some reason we have decided that we are now going to burn our food in our gas tanks instead of gas.

Good lord has anyone else but me driven in Wyoming?? I thought there was wide

open spaces in ND!! What better place to build a couple new shiny refineries!!

We can put a Walmart any where in the world but we can't build a da** refinery?

There is something really wrong here. Maybe the folks in Bentonville should

be running the oil companies. :D

They would love to, but the government will not allow any more to be built. They are extrememly dirty and government regulations make it impossible to build and maintain a new refinery. Also the refineries that are running are not making any money. Their margins are terrible. Not all oil companies are raking in huge profits, Valero and Tesoro (along with all refiners) either are losing, or will start losing money in the very near future.

The lefties make Bush out to be anti-environment and pro oil business. However, he has done nothing for this business. If more refineries were built it would not solve, but would help the current problem.

No problem, when I was out mule deer hunting in Medora we had breakfast with an oil man and the guy got defensive with us when we complained about the price of gas. That is when he told us that Supply is because they can pump the gas out of the ground

fast but they can't refine it fast enough. Also because of strict enviornmental laws haved basically stopped building refineries. I believe ND is building one because I read about it over on Sayanythingblog.com The problem is we are on this huge kick to burn ethanol and it takes more energy to make than it does to refine crude oil. For some reason we have decided that we are now going to burn our food in our gas tanks instead of gas.

Ethanol definitely isn't the answer, yet. The only real reason it is where it is now is because of government subsidies. I'm not saying it should be abandoned, the only way the process will get more efficient is if we do it. But at the same time we're reaping the whirlwind in grocery prices now. I watched a Modern Marvels on alternate energy recently and they talked about other sources of ethanol like sugar cane and switch grass that would actually have a better yield but I'm not sure why they aren't being used yet.

The same goes for hybrid vehicles, last I checked the math doesn't make sense, you'll pay more for the vehicle and maintenance than you'll save in fuel costs. This may have changed recently, but the last time I saw it totaled up you'd still be in the red. Again, the only way it'll get better is if we give the car companies incentive (sales) or maybe more importantly lack of sales to make the product better.

I also have a hard time vilifying "big oil" for gas prices, they've been handicapped by environmental laws for decades and are understandably reluctant to invest the billions and billions of dollars it would take to build a new refinery when they may not get a return on that investment. On top of that they're corporations, their sole purpose is to generate a profit, if I were a shareholder and they started cutting prices to the detriment of my investment I wouldn't be very happy.

Stopping buying oil from OPEC countries, even if you could do it, would just reduce the price and make it more attractive for the companies that aren't currently buying it.

Want to reduce demand, air up your tires, take unnecessary weight out of your vehicle, and get your oil changed. And make sure everyone you know does the same.

I have heard and I have no links to back this up, but I heard hydrgen cars would be a great way to go. No emissions and runs just like a gas powered vehicle, and cheaper to fill with hydrogen then gas. I think this is more in the development stage, but a viable option for the future.

You're wrong. The Saudis (and other importers) buy wheat and other grains primarily from Canada and Australia. Even if you could set the price like you suggest (I suppose you could, just impose ridiculously high export tariffs) they would simply buy from other countries. See how the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act worked out and get back to me.

You're wrong. The Saudis (and other importers) buy wheat and other grains primarily from Canada and Australia. Even if you could set the price like you suggest (I suppose you could, just impose ridiculously high export tariffs) they would simply buy from other countries. See how the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act worked out and get back to me.

Haha that's funny... an NDSU grad WOULD know about stuff like that, good work! :D

(Kinda poking fun at NDSU for being a farming school, but also quite impressed that you do know that information, so don't take this post too seriously)

Haha that's funny... an NDSU grad WOULD know about stuff like that, good work! :D

(Kinda poking fun at NDSU for being a farming school, but also quite impressed that you do know that information, so don't take this post too seriously)

No worries. There's very few things I take seriously on an internet message board.

The value of the dollar has ______ against other currencies in recent days.

Thus, the number of dollars it takes to buy an ounce of gold, or a barrel of oil, has shot rapidly _____.

Want to run on gas? Build the refineries. We have the oil in Alaska.

Want to run electric cars instead? Wyoming has more uranium than Saudi Arabia has oil.

But you can't build a refinery or a nuclear plant.

But oh will people whine when their car has to be parked or the lights don't come on.

The value of the dollar has ______ against other currencies in recent days.

Thus, the number of dollars it takes to buy an ounce of gold, or a barrel of oil, has shot rapidly _____.

Want to run on gas? Build the refineries. We have the oil in Alaska.

Want to run electric cars instead? Wyoming has more uranium than Saudi Arabia has oil.

But you can't build a refinery or a nuclear plant.

But oh will people whine when their car has to be parked or the lights don't come on.

declined

up

What do I win?

It is OK if I am wrong, but my point remains. What ever they buy from us we need to start jacking up the price on to a ridiculous amount and then squeeze them to make a deal. I think it is at least worth trying.

It is OK if I am wrong, but my point remains. What ever they buy from us we need to start jacking up the price on to a ridiculous amount and then squeeze them to make a deal. I think it is at least worth trying.

Who is "we". Unless I missed something and the U.S. economy has been nationalized, I'm not sure what you're suggesting.

Who is "we". Unless I missed something and the U.S. economy has been nationalized, I'm not sure what you're suggesting.

OK, the United States. I do not think it is wrong to say "we". What is your point? You are only a NDSU grad, I will try to explain thing easier for you next time.