SiouxSports.com Forum

microsoft vista

siouxkid12

I need a new laptop for my sewing machine (embroidery) but I'm afraid that Vista will not be compatable with the embroidery software, or won't recognize all of the designs I already have. I've heard so many bad things about it, I'm just putting it off as long as possible. :lol:

After taking my three year old laptop in for repair three times in one month, they finally just gave me a new one. Those extended warrenties are NICE.

Anyway, the new one comes with Vista. I had/have problems with it because I don't know how it works. Someone had to show me how to print out my documents. Maybe there's a learners primer somewhere, I just haven't looked for it. I'm busy and just want an visible icon or prompts. Also, I'm at a new facility and brought my laptop in to use on the job but Vista isn't compatible with the system here so I can't use it.

You can actually save any work you do with Microsoft Word on Vista in a "Word 97-2003" format and then it's usable anywhere. I find myself doing that a lot now when I write papers and then have to have them printed on campus.

I'll try that. Thanks.

After taking my three year old laptop in for repair three times in one month, they finally just gave me a new one. Those extended warrenties are NICE.

Anyway, the new one comes with Vista. I had/have problems with it because I don't know how it works. Someone had to show me how to print out my documents. Maybe there's a learners primer somewhere, I just haven't looked for it. I'm busy and just want an visible icon or prompts. Also, I'm at a new facility and brought my laptop in to use on the job but Vista isn't compatible with the system here so I can't use it.

Sounds like my geek squad experience, after tap dancing for a very long time they finally gave me a new lap top.

I will never buy another computer from them. During that time I got tired of fooling around with them so I went out and bought a new lap top, so now I have two lap tops.

I need a new laptop for my sewing machine (embroidery) but I'm afraid that Vista will not be compatable with the embroidery software, or won't recognize all of the designs I already have. I've heard so many bad things about it, I'm just putting it off as long as possible. :lol:

November 2009 is when the next new system is suppose to come out and it is suppose to be a lot better than vista.

The only problem I have with Vista is that I bought a new Dell to have a computer that worked last June and it hasn't worked since September since Dell doesn't believe me that it doesn't work and they can't get Vista to work on half their machines anyway.

November 2009 is when the next new system is suppose to come out and it is suppose to be a lot better than vista.

The only problem I have with Vista is that I bought a new Dell to have a computer that worked last June and it hasn't worked since September since Dell doesn't believe me that it doesn't work and they can't get Vista to work on half their machines anyway.

I think Microsoft really dug themselves a whole, I still have XP, but have used leopard from Apple on gosh that is nice. Now I know there some Apple haters, but I have talked to a good friends who works IT for a large electronics company (not geek squad) and he gave me a long list of reasons why my next computer is going to be an Apple.

I think Microsoft really dug themselves a whole, I still have XP, but have used leopard from Apple on gosh that is nice. Now I know there some Apple haters, but I have talked to a good friends who works IT for a large electronics company (not geek squad) and he gave me a long list of reasons why my next computer is going to be an Apple.

The only people who "hate" Apple are the corporate purchasing groups who can't get a good deal compared to the cheaper HP, Dell, etc. and probably gamer geeks who spend their days with their boxes and Cheetos. I switched my home computer from a series of HPs, Compaqs, etc. to Apple last spring and couldn't be happier.

Sounds like my geek squad experience, after tap dancing for a very long time they finally gave me a new lap top.

I will never buy another computer from them. During that time I got tired of fooling around with them so I went out and bought a new lap top, so now I have two lap tops.

Me too!!