SiouxSports.com Forum

We Still Have Hockey

NorthDakotaHockey

I was sent this by a big mover and shaker. It is hilarious on several levels.

Whoever put this together has the gift of being able to poke fun at ourselves, and to never take anything, but for a few important things, that seriously.

Sorry if it has already been posted elsewhere. Kudos again to the folks who put it together.

Enjoy. We Still Have Hockey

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever put this together has the gift of being able to poke fun at ourselves, and to never take anything, but for a few important things, that seriously.

Sorry if it has already been posted elsewhere. Kudos again to the folks who put it together.

yea it was already posted in another thread but still a great post! hahahaha

I first saw this on bisonville. I think it was originally created by a SU fan, thus is is not so much poking fun at ourselves but is smack. If it was not created by one, my apologies. That being said, it is true. Bison fans laugh at it because it makes fun of us and we laugh because we unfortunately know they are right.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tat...omTheBunker.flv

hahah good stuff... props to whoever set this up it was a good laugh

This was originally done when the cowboys lost their playoff game last year to the Giants. They are both funny but the cowboys one is better. Go to youtube and search for cowboys hitler.

Im not a lawyer either but maybe copyright issues with the original movie.

Bible huggers seriously. This world is a complete mess. unreal. It was purposely meant for 100% humor and any negative things that came out of this video, well, THERE WAS NONE. Hitler smitler. The reason why they chose this clip was because it actually went really well for the intentional humor that he/she had in mind. Oh yeah, maybe there is a conspiracy out there with Ralph, Hitler and or whatever, but take a sip or take a hit and laugh a little morons! The Herald does it again. Worst paper ever.......

With the Swatiska in the dormitory story this week and the continuing Sioux name controversy, any Sioux fan that laughed at this video has just kissed any chance of the Sioux name staying good bye. It's done. The PCers have won, and you're laughing with them.

The Dallas Cowboys losing to the NYGiants video was funny and was not offensive to the PC world. This was offensive in the context of what occurred on campus recently.

With the Swatiska in the dormitory story this week and the continuing Sioux name controversy, any Sioux fan that laughed at this video has just kissed any chance of the Sioux name staying good bye. It's done. The PCers have won, and you're laughing with them.

The Dallas Cowboys losing to the NYGiants video was funny and was not offensive to the PC world. This was offensive in the context of what occurred on campus recently.

It was gone long before this video......

PC ers are taking over the world, and it is just insane.

So if a freak anti-semetic incident does not happen 2 days after the video is created, would it have been funny? Same principle as the other videos, only it looks extremely bad now. Still a great video though.

So if a freak anti-semetic incident does not happen 2 days after the video is created, would it have been funny? Same principle as the other videos, only it looks extremely bad now. Still a great video though.
People were entertained by movies that resembled 9/11 before it hapened. Not two days later. A studio actually pulled a film resembling that trajedy because it was in such poor taste relatively to its expected release date.

The laughter here is almost like making jokes about rape on the UND campus two days after Dru Sjodin went missing.

People were entertained by movies that resembled 9/11 before it hapened. Not two days later. A studio actually pulled a film resembling that trajedy because it was in such poor taste relatively to its expected release date.

The laughter here is almost like making jokes about rape on the UND campus two days after Dru Sjodin went missing.

Your other examples aren't on the same scale as this video. It wasn't like the video itself was of people making fun of Jews or Hitler persecuting them. It wasn't even a scene dealing with Jews. It was a scene with a military leader, albeit one with horrendous human rights violations. However, he has been portrayed for comedic purposes before (Hogan' Heroes) and will continue to be. What makes the video funny is the subtitles. You could have used any foreign speaking angry person on the brink of destruction and the video would not change. The original video used Hitler because of the recognition factor but it isn't what the video is about. It is unfortunate that the video needs to be taken out of context.

Ok I'm guessing that most of this thread is being made by people under the age of 30 because there is no way that aligning the Nazis and Adolph Hitler with anyone could be considered funny. It is a Nazi reference and that was among the most terrible times in the history of the world. Read your history books and learn what Hitler and the Nazis stood for and what they did. In Germany the production and posting of this video would be a crime, as is any promotion of the Nazis - it was that terrible of a time. (If you're thinking I and others need to lighten up then you just don't get it.)

If I was a Bison Booster I would be ashamed that the level of hatred over UND has reached this level. Their silence on the this video and their threads saying how true and how funny it is is a reflection on their integrity, their intelligence and their university. Don't let it become a relection on ours.

In reality it's just a game, it's all just a game. If NDSU wants to place the value and quality of their campus on sports so be it. While I am a strong Sioux Booster being a graduate of UND I know there is so much more at UND than just sports.

Another point, if, like so man Bison fans, you have to continually say that you are better than someone else then you probably aren't. If you have to continually say that your teams, university, fans, etc are better than you obviously have doubts in your own mind because if you truly believe it to be true then you wouldn't have to keep saying it, posting it. And the person who created this video is obviously an undereducated, racist, fanatic that I wouldn't want to associate myself or my team with.

I'm over 30 and I think it's funny. Course I was raised on Hogans Heroes.

Hogan's Heroes is actually embraced by the German government because it mocks and ridicules the Nazi's. (If only the Russians would be apologetic for their Leninist/Stalinist past.)

If there had been an African-American incident and some NDSU fan put out a KKK video comparing UND leadership to the KKK, everybody would be rightfully outraged. The Nazi laughter seems to verify that too many UND/NDSU fans are ignorant of Jewish sensitivies at the worst possible time.

I almost never post on the hockey forum, so first let me say that I am a Bison alumnus and fan to those that don't know me. Regarding this video, the timing was unfortunate, but competely coincidental. The video was posted on Bisonville almost three days before the anti-semetic dorm story broke. The first happened with no knowledge of the second. To use star's 9/11 analogy, it would be like critizing a movie that was already in the theaters on Sep 8th. Now you might expect such a movie to be pulled and perhaps re-released later, and that's what the video's creator has done. Within 24 hours of the dorm story hitting the Herald, the video was pulled from the original location, and a third party's copy was pulled from YouTube a few hours after that. Maybe when things have cooled down, the video can return with less fanfare; not my video, not my call.

As for the humor, I happen to think Charles Kupchella is one of the worst things to happen to UND in recent years, so of course I found it funny. I also strongly disagree with CMSioux in principle: Hitler can, and should, be used for humor. I'm from the Mel Brooks school of thought on this issue: A subject loses its power over you if you can mock and parody it. It's why his versions of "The Producers" are so funny. In the 1968 version, Hitler is portrayed by a drugged-out hippie named, appropriately enough, L.S.D. In the newer Broadway version, he's played by a flamingly gay theatre director. Both versions have you rolling on the floor laughing, and Hitler loses a bit more power each time. I can't think of a better fate for the SOB than to become an object of ridicule. (BTW, I'm a shade over 30 and an armchair historian, with WWII as a favorite era; I don't need to read a history book to know what Hitler did.)

One of the reasons all these videos are funny, regardless of the topic being lampooned, is that putting words in Hitler's mouth creates an absurd image that mocks both the subject matter and the speaker. Whether it's the Dallas Cowboys, storm chasers, Windows Vista, or UND, all are funny if they come out of a ranting, insane Hitler's mouth. Again, it's the absurdity of the situation that creates the humor. Since a few of the jokes in Tatanka's video are based on running gags at Bisonville, I can see why some lines might fall flat or sound stupid to non-members. Still, taking offense at the video probably means you're way too close to the subject and need to lighten up a bit. Once the furor* over the dorm incident cools down some, I'd love to see a Sioux fan with a good sense of humor create a version spoofing the Bison. I'll take any chance to laugh at Hitler.

*"The F