SiouxSports.com Forum

Southern Illinois talent versus the Sioux

moser53

Southern Illinois would mop the Sioux up. It would be like comparing NDSU's talent to Missouri's.

That logic in your eyes has NDSU beating Mizzu? If SI would "mop up" on UND, then SU won't be over .500 this year in the Gateway.

That logic in your eyes has NDSU beating Mizzu? If SI would "mop up" on UND, then SU won't be over .500 this year in the Gateway.

Speaking of using logic... where did I say that NDSU would beat Mizzou? And no UND would not beat SIU. They would win by at least 4 td's.

Speaking of using logic... where did I say that NDSU would beat Mizzou? And no UND would not beat SIU. They would win by at least 4 td's.

When have I heard Bison fans saying this before? I guess we will just have to see how things go this November 1st.

Since we're into making bold predictions based on little or no actual knowledge I predict the Bi-son will finish the season 5-6 and will get their ass handed to them by both Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa.

Since we're into making bold predictions based on little or no actual knowledge I predict the Bi-son will finish the season 5-6 and will get their ass handed to them by both Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa.

You should have been at the Bison Spring Game (3000+) and you could have made a informed prediction. :glare:

Southern Illinois would mop the Sioux up. It would be like comparing NDSU's talent to Missouri's.

Thanks for answering my question. But I prefer to hear what an ex Sioux coach has to say. I know you do not like to have common opponents but we do. It will show where we are. I worry about our defense. I think the offense can compete.

I would say that the difference between the your #1's and thiers is probably not all that much. I think the difference is that SIU should be a deeper team than UND and conventional wisdom would have them wearing the Sioux down rather than blowing you away. But as you guys found out a couple years ago that lack of depth can be overcome. Should be a hell of a game!

I would say that the difference between the your #1's and thiers is probably not all that much. I think the difference is that SIU should be a deeper team than UND and conventional wisdom would have them wearing the Sioux down rather than blowing you away. But as you guys found out a couple years ago that lack of depth can be overcome. Should be a hell of a game!

There maybe one position the Sioux better than the Bison. Quarterback.

Danny Freund last year 209-308 67.9% and he is a proven leader.

His backup Jake Landry at 6'4 is supposed to have a cannon.

Nick Mertens the East Side kid hasn't played much football the past few years

but I will be rooting for him.

How well the Bison have done with alot of Minnesots and Noth Dakota kids does prove

both schools could have made the jump in football years ago.

How well the Bison have done with alot of Minnesots and Noth Dakota kids does prove

I actually agree with you there. Who knows how Mertens will really do against top competition. After watching him at the spring game he was very accurate with a strong arm. But it was just a scrimmage, we'll be as good as our QB this year. UND is deeper at QB but it will be interesting to see how Freund performs too this season.

I actually agree with you there. Who knows how Mertens will really do against top competition. After watching him at the spring game he was very accurate with a strong arm. But it was just a scrimmage, we'll be as good as our QB this year. UND is deeper at QB but it will be interesting to see how Freund performs too this season.

Mertens is a stud and has a chance to be better than Walker.

Mertens is a better athlete but we'll see if he has the head and intangibles that Steve had. He looked good at the spring game.

A lot is hanging on Mertens and how he pans out. It is a huge unknown with some huge shoes to fill. An I think the Bison will have a much tougher conference go of it than we have had in the past. The Gateway is a rugged place. Time will tell if Mertens is up to the competition in the Gateway.

As for UND.....the depth would not be close to what SIU has this year. You need to get all scholies filled.

Dale Lennon I believe wanted to move up years ago. He said the Sioux should be playing the Northern Iowas, Montanas, Northern Arizonas. He was an advocate of this even before the Bison. I'm happy he is taking his shot moving up in the coaching ranks. I hope he wins there and get's a job at one of the major colleges. Us Sioux fans are really looking forward to the Bison game with Southern Illionis or at least I am. The hype might be better than the game. Since the Gophers won't play you what game excites you Bison fans more Wyoming or Southern Illinios?

Mertens is a stud and has a chance to be better than Walker.

When Mertens was the QB at EGF and Jake Landry was the QB at Central there was a debate as to who was the better high school QB in the Grand Cities. Does anybody have an opinion.

Mertens lead the Green Wave to a state championship in Minnesota.

Then Landry led Central to a state championship in N.D. They beat a very good Fargo South junior dominated team. The next year Fargo South won the state title. Some say that South team may be the states best ever team. If they are that Central team in not far behind. Probaly on par.