SiouxSports.com Forum

Still a proud UND fan.

siouxnami

Yes, we have plans to go. The lottery deadline for the Frozen Four is June 1, 2008. There is a 10 page application at 2009 Frozen Four Lottery Application.

We have applied 4 years in a row and gotten tickets every time. The more years you apply, the better your seats get. I tried to book hotel rooms, but they don't take room reservations that far in advance. I will try again in a month.

The Cherry Blossum Festival is being held there at the same time as the tournament, so rooms may be hard to get.

You can also wait and scramble and get tickets from scalpers, etc., but I like to know that I have the tickets and make plans ahead of time. You can always sell them if you are unable to go. We have been VERY LUCKY that our team has been in the Frozen Four each time we have gone. It is getting to the point that we see some of the same fans over and over.

Always a Sioux fan, but it appears that we'll have a tough time to get there again. However the 2000 Championship was a surprise after we couldn't get it done with that great Senior class in 1999, or 1998 either.

More recently we made it to the final game in 2005 when we couldn't get there with Zach Parise and Brandon Bochenski.

Funny but I was looking up the info at lunch today. Even checked out the form for early tickets. We'll be there, hopefully cheering on the Sioux. Otherwise good mini vacation and great hockey. BUT, I'll be getting a plane ticket for sure....and early. I'm done with driving long distance!!! After Denver, I have a new found respect for truck drivers.

HELL YEAH, if the sioux are in, I AM THERE. I have total confidence with the team next season, there is a great freshman class coming in and a great returning class with or without the early signees. I have accepted the loss to BC now and can not wait for the 1st drop of the puck in October. I feel next seasons team will be more hungry for the win and will not go down without a fight. I am hoping the goaltending will solidify by january with either Walski or Eidsness and i just hope one of them can really step up and be the backbone of the team and their run for #8.

LETS GO SIOUX, #8=09 :silly:

My wife and I have already decided it would be a great trip. It's Easter break that weekend much like a year ago when I went to St. Louis so I will not have to miss work. DC has a lot of history and lots to do for free with the museums. Great Frosh class coming in next fall and I'll be thinking positive about our chances. My new hobby these coming weeks is trying to piece together what our schedule will be. Already was able to post the SCSU and BSU games . (check 2008-09 schedule. )Go Sioux

My wife and I have already decided it would be a great trip. It's Easter break that weekend much like a year ago when I went to St. Louis so I will not have to miss work. DC has a lot of history and lots to do for free with the museums. Great Frosh class coming in next fall and I'll be thinking positive about our chances. My new hobby these coming weeks is trying to piece together what our schedule will be. Already was able to post the SCSU and BSU games . (check 2008-09 schedule. )Go Sioux

No Chance we get there next year. Cubbard will be too bare! We will be a .500 team at best.

No Chance we get there next year. Cubbard will be too bare! We will be a .500 team at best.

I would still go.... great games and always wanted to see DC in the Spring. The other times I've been there it's been in the middle of the summer or in November.

I would still go.... great games and always wanted to see DC in the Spring. The other times I've been there it's been in the middle of the summer or in November.

DC in the Spring is great. I was there the first week of April a few weeks ago. The temps were in the 60s and the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. Adding the Sioux playing for #8 would make it almost perfect.

don't underestimate the boys coming in or the ones returning. i think the sioux will contend again next season, and would not bet against them being in DC in april. i will not be going to DC if it does happen, but hope the sioux travel there as well as we did to denver, that was awesome to see. go sioux!!!

I am thinking the same thing as well. If anything we will be more talented but that doesn't alway mean more wins.